The man The voice The guitar

chris in the 80s

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
shirley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

chris in the 80s

Post by shirley »

Hi i am also new to chat room. I've always loved chris rea. I even met him in the 1980's a few times when i worked for his management . He stayed in my bedroom once-obviously not when i was in -i gave up my room for him and his lovely wife. He gave me a signed album a few minutes before i first met him which was a lovely touch. I always loved his music but he is also a lovely guy-and his wife was very beautiful and a lovely lady. I am sorry he has been so ill and hope he manages to lkeep cheerful under the circumstances. :) :lol: :wink:
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: chris in the 80s

Post by jwanzong »

shirley wrote:Hi i am also new to chat room. I've always loved chris rea. I even met him in the 1980's a few times when i worked for his management . He stayed in my bedroom once-obviously not when i was in -i gave up my room for him and his lovely wife. He gave me a signed album a few minutes before i first met him which was a lovely touch. I always loved his music but he is also a lovely guy-and his wife was very beautiful and a lovely lady. I am sorry he has been so ill and hope he manages to lkeep cheerful under the circumstances. :) :lol: :wink:
Hi Shirley, What luck you had to meet the man and his wife. Does his wife work for his management or is she an artist? Just wondering if you knew. If not, does anyone know what Joan does for a living (if she even works at all - not that she needs to!). Thanks!
shirley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by shirley »

Hi-no sorry cant remember if she worked or not-i would imagine she did-she came accross as very bright-really down to earth and approachable-just like her husband in fact. I suppose now the kids have grown up she would be likely to be working anyway-just cant imagine her to be a lady of leisure-did not seem the type-she probably came from a working class background -not posh or snobbish at all. sorry i cant help-maybe someone else will know????
shirley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by shirley »

Just looking through some of th efacts about chris on the site. Found the one about The album cover of On the beach". That fact is true because he sent the post card to my employers in 1982 and on the back he wrote that this pic was going to be his new album cover. It was really weird but nice to read about an actual memory of mine too.