The man The voice The guitar

Todays Sun newspaper (UK)

Stop the presses
blueskev

Todays Sun newspaper (UK)

Post by blueskev »

In the entertainment section of the Sun today they have listed their top ten CD box sets; guess what is number one? There is a short article (not very accurate and mainly a quote from the back of Blue Guitars) and a picture. The article ends:

" This set has given a fine artist a new lease of life. A stunning achievement."

After BG being ignored by the popular press, it is good to see something like this for a change. Lets hope it sells a more coppies and spreads the word :D

I will try and get the article scanned for Bart tonight.

Kev.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Todays Sun newspaper (UK)

Post by Mr_Blues »

blueskev wrote:In the entertainment section of the Sun today they have listed their top ten CD box sets; guess what is number one? There is a short article (not very accurate and mainly a quote from the back of Blue Guitars) and a picture. The article ends:

" This set has given a fine artist a new lease of life. A stunning achievement."

After BG being ignored by the popular press, it is good to see something like this for a change. Lets hope it sells a more coppies and spreads the word :D

Kev.
Cool news, Blue Guitars rules :)
Please scan the article soon :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

blueskev wrote:In the entertainment section of the Sun today they have listed their top ten CD box sets; guess what is number one? There is a short article (not very accurate and mainly a quote from the back of Blue Guitars) and a picture. The article ends:

Kev.
Thank you for this information.
I'm glad he's doing fine financially. I mean, the costs of printing, distributing and advertising the box must have been sizable. Yet, the price isn't that high. Chris has got to get his money back for future projects. In case the album doesn't sell well elsewhere, a "best of blues" just might be in order.
Chris

[EDIT WEBMASTER: replaced your reaction. Please try to enter your response under the message you quote, thanks in advance !]
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

blueskev wrote:I will try and get the article scanned for Bart tonight.
Thanks for this info. It would indeed be nice if you manage to scan it. I will be at my parents whole weekend, so I'll be alble to ad it monday.

Chris wrote:I mean, the costs of printing, distributing and advertising the box must have been sizable. Yet, the price isn't that high. Chris has got to get his money back for future projects.
Chris had put lots of his own money in this project... he said he insisted it to sell as cheap as possible, as a sort of "farewell gift" to the fans.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

I have just sent it to Bart
Kev.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

blueskev wrote:I have just sent it to Bart
Kev.
... and HERE it is ! Thanks Blueskev !!