The man The voice The guitar

What artists do you listen to - besides Chris Rea?

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Lady in Red

Post by leila.wilson »

I wish,... I wish,.... Mr Blues!!!!!! :lol: hahaha

Leila
COLB-UK
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by COLB-UK »

Thought I would add my contribution.

Lets see now.

Obviously I listen to Chris Rea

Then I also Listen to the following

Chris R

Mr Rea

CR

C Rea

Well;
Why, when you can have the best, why would you want anything else.
REAgards
To all Chris Fans
COLB-UK
"When the evening shadows fall
See them turning to the darkest violet blue".
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

COLB-UK wrote:Well;
Why, when you can have the best, why would you want anything else.
Only to realise again and again that nothing else will ever get this good :mrgreen:
Bluejukebox
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Bluejukebox »

The artists I listen to when I'm not listening to Chris can vary depending on what mood I'm in.
They include -

GENESIS
MIKE OLDFIELD
MIKE & THE MECHANICS
ERIC CLAPTON
CHARLIE PATTON
BLIND WILLIE JOHNSON
KT TUNSTALL
DAVID GRAY
PRINCE
Jack Claridge
John

Post by John »

Robert Palmer - Best is Riptide/Heavy Nova
Billy Joel - I love Stormfront LP
Bruce Springsteen - Tunnel Of Love is superb LP
Bryan Adams - Reckless is the best LP
Steve Winwood - Back in the highlife is quality LP

I also loves 70's / 80's soul/disco;

Chic
Alexander O'Neal
Shalamar
etc etc

.........but you can't beat the REA!!!
Mike Dixon
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Mike Dixon »

Other artists ?

Mmmm .... lemme see here ......

Toni Childs
Shawn Colvin
Moody Blues
Gordon Lightfoot
Neil Young
Toad the Wet Sprocket (yes, that is a band)
Til Tuesday
A careless heart ain't good to no-one
karl_blues
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

My fav's

Post by karl_blues »

Other than CR it's the Paul's - anything by Paul Rodgers, Paul Carrack.

Then there's good ole Santana (earlier stuff rather than the newer ones), early to mid Pink Floyd, anything by Geoff Whitehorn, and the proverbial many many many others.

There is a tremedous blues singer/guitar player based in Atlanta Georgia called Andrew Black that I think is the cat's meow. He is not well known at all.
Gonna miss what I never had
Now that cigarette is gone
karl_blues
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by karl_blues »

Oh...and I forgot Mark Knopfler. I saw him in concert in Vancouver at an intimate setting with his band. It was the last night of his tour. They put together 2 1/2 hours of amazing music. Hope he puts out a DVD.
Gonna miss what I never had
Now that cigarette is gone
i'm deep-blue sea

Post by i'm deep-blue sea »

Hello together,i wrote it in a other part of the Forum. The last days i often listen the two CD's from Paul Casey with the titel 'Modern Life Routines' and 'Songs In Open Tuning'. It was really not easy to get them, because you can buy it on amazon or other shops. I didn't know him before i saw that he makes the opening for Chris on the UK tour. i must say i like his kind of music.
If you like to listen to one song from 'Songs in Open Tuning' go to his site, where you can also buy the new CD. http://www.paulcaseymusic.com . Bye and Screw you and your deep-blue-sea.

karl_blues wrote:Oh...and I forgot Mark Knopfler. I saw him in concert in Vancouver at an intimate setting with his band. It was the last night of his tour. They put together 2 1/2 hours of amazing music. Hope he puts out a DVD.
deep-blue-sea
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by deep-blue-sea »

Sorry i forgot to Log in. Wish you all a nice evening. Screw you and your deep-blue-sea
i'm deep-blue sea wrote:Hello together,i wrote it in a other part of the Forum. The last days i often listen the two CD's from Paul Casey with the titel 'Modern Life Routines' and 'Songs In Open Tuning'. It was really not easy to get them, because you can buy it on amazon or other shops. I didn't know him before i saw that he makes the opening for Chris on the UK tour. i must say i like his kind of music.
If you like to listen to one song from 'Songs in Open Tuning' go to his site, where you can also buy the new CD. http://www.paulcaseymusic.com . Bye and Screw you and your deep-blue-sea.

karl_blues wrote:Oh...and I forgot Mark Knopfler. I saw him in concert in Vancouver at an intimate setting with his band. It was the last night of his tour. They put together 2 1/2 hours of amazing music. Hope he puts out a DVD.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
deep-blue-sea
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by deep-blue-sea »

Ohh.. i would to say .....you can't buy it on Amazon or.... my english... brrrr.bye

i'm deep-blue sea wrote:Hello together,i wrote it in a other part of the Forum. The last days i often listen the two CD's from Paul Casey with the titel 'Modern Life Routines' and 'Songs In Open Tuning'. It was really not easy to get them, because you can buy it on amazon or other shops. I didn't know him before i saw that he makes the opening for Chris on the UK tour. i must say i like his kind of music.

PAZ
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: What artists do you listen to - besides Chris Rea?

Post by PAZ »

Bart wrote:The topic-title says all ...

I'll make a start. Besides Chris rea, I also listen to:

-Dire Straits - Mark Knopfler
-The Eagles

Let me know what your other favorites are !

REAgards, Bart
"Besides of him" I usually listen (to name some of them):

Diana Krall
Ray Charles
Simple Red
Coldplay
Gorilaz
Bruce Springsteen
Leonard cohen
Mozart (as well....)
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Tony Joe White, Calexico, Nick Lowe, JJ Grey and Mofro, Gary Moore, Lucinda Williams etc etc
CHRIS TURNER

Post by CHRIS TURNER »

Hi all
Other artists I listen are as follows - Christopher Cross, Eagles, Paul Carrack, Pilot, Embrace,Cold play, David Paton, Take That, Hall and Oates as you can see I have a varied out look on music , Chris is my no1 though the song Legacy Blues sounds fantastic hope fully a lot of the new stuff is going to be like it.
Reagards
Chris Turner
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Part 2 as i continue; Ry cooder, Joan Armatrading, Jeremy Spencer, Neil Young, the Amazing Rhythm Aces, Los Lobos, Dave Alvin (esp.west of the west), Lhasa, Joe Bonamassa