Jim Byrnes

Here you can talk about any artist BUT Chris Rea
Jim M
Support
Support

Jim Byrnes

Post by Jim M »

Hi Everyone
THere is a Canadian blues guy and actor named Jim Byrnes.I've seen him several times and he's an amazing artist.He will be touring the Netherlands with 1 date in Gent (Belgum) in March.He's definately worth seeing if he'll be in your area.His web site is http://www.jimbyrnes.org click on news the click on Black Hen Music then click on tour and select Jim Byrnes -He won't disapoint you.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Jim Byrnes

Post by Chris »

H Jim,

Although I won't go to Holland to attend Jim Byrnes' concert I'd like to say I count him among my favorite performers. I have a couple of his CDs including "That River" (which I purchased in Victoria, back in 1995), "Fresh Horses" and the newest, "My Walking Stick." He must be from the west coast of Canada (Vancouver-Victoria area) as in Kingston or in Montreal the record shops either don't stock or don't have too many of his CD. It's funny, stores refuse to stock certain titles because they can be downloaded from Internet, therefore they don't bother having them. I think that in spite of this Byrnes remains a good blues musician and is still well received in Canada as well as on this side of the pond.
Best regards,
Chris
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Jim Byrnes

Post by Jim M »

Hi Chris
If you like him you should try to get your hands on his CD House Of Refuge.
It is my fav. Jim Byrnes album .VEry Gospel/Blues.
AS far as buying CD's these days the record stores (here at least) are thier own worst enemy.
None of them seem to carry stock.I live in Vcr. where he lives and I had to buy his music online from his website.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea