The man The voice The guitar

help needed!!

Post here if you have some photo's of "the man"
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

help needed!!

Post by Stainsby Girl »

Hello everyone.. it's been a while since i posted. New job been taking up most of my time. that doesn't mean i haven't kept up with the whereabouts of the man..
I have to now figure out a way of getting his new album and tickets for his show.. but sitting in india its kind of hard to plan six months in advance.
Anyways i need some help from all you folks with better access.
can you tell me where i can get my hands on a nice Chris Rea Poster???
Couple of my friends have just started their own studio and wanted one for the walls.. maybe this way the word of Rea will spread..
I've searched the web but came up with only two.. and neither to impressive.
so please.. can someone help me out here.
thanks so much!
cheers

P.S - i'm also in search of Fleetwood mac.. but that's secondary! ;)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re Chris Rea poster

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Tuna,
How are you? I have a feeling that it is my turn to send mail, but I have some excuses, honest! I,ll mail you later today, but about the poster.....Hope fully someone may be able to help you there, but if not, an idea could be to perhaps print off a compilation of his photos, or of reproductions of touring tickets posters etc.? Not as good as an actual poster, but a suggestion, if all else fails.

Take care

Leila.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: help needed!!

Post by Bart »

Stainsby Girl wrote:can you tell me where i can get my hands on a nice Chris Rea Poster???
Couple of my friends have just started their own studio and wanted one for the walls.. maybe this way the word of Rea will spread..
I've searched the web but came up with only two.. and neither to impressive.
Hello;

There are some "official" posters which I know of. I have the posters of "Dancing with strangers", "The road to hell", "Auberge" and "GGBS". These are "just" reprints of the CD artwork...
Further for every concert in every town there are posters anouncing the concert. These look great, and are often for sale on Ebay (also the above mentioned posters are to be found on ebay). Further there is a poster with a picture of chris and around him the artwork of all albums. I think it schould still be on sale on http://www.chrisrea.de
Of course you can buy some of the prints of his newest work (they're quite expensive....), more info to be found on the main page...

And else; in deed take an album or a photo of him to a "copy-shop" (that's what it is called here in the Netherlands...) and enlarge it and then print in full color. My mother give a large copy of the album "chris Rea" once for christmas !!

Good luck !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: help needed!!

Post by Bart »

Bart wrote:Further there is a poster with a picture of chris and around him the artwork of all albums. I think it schould still be on sale on http://www.chrisrea.de
http://www.chrisrea.de/shop_road.asp?offset=30
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

I am not sure if I should tell you this story - I had a poster from the Dancing with Strangers tour - it was huge, and I have never lived in a house with enough room to display it. I finally sent it to a charity shop just before I moved abroad a few years ago. :(
Perhaps someone else is now the proud owner of that poster.

Pam
Could it be just that I'm crazy
Could it be the way I feel
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

pam wrote:I am not sure if I should tell you this story - I had a poster from the Dancing with Strangers tour - it was huge, and I have never lived in a house with enough room to display it. I finally sent it to a charity shop just before I moved abroad a few years ago. :(

Pam
Oh man, I wish I would known you back then, you could have sended it to me :) I would have took everything down from the wall so that there would have been space for poster :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Pam,s quote

Post by leila.wilson »

Mr_Blues wrote:
pam wrote:I am not sure if I should tell you this story - I had a poster from the Dancing with Strangers tour - it was huge, and I have never lived in a house with enough room to display it. I finally sent it to a charity shop just before I moved abroad a few years ago. :(

Pam
Oh man, I wish I would known you back then, you could have sended it to me :) I would have took everything down from the wall so that there would have been space for poster :D
I don,t suppose it would be worth my while to trawl the charity shops Pam. wOULD LIGHTNING STRIKE TWICE?!!!!! :lol: Leila
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

Mr_Blues wrote:

Pam
Actually, it might be possible to recreate the poster - it was Chris playing the guitar as on the cover of the album(CD) and underneath were pictures of all of his albums up to that time - anyone in the printing trade?? :-k

Pam
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

pam wrote:anyone in the printing trade?? :-k
Well, at your service, but I have no idea how can I help here.........
pam
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by pam »

Zgred wrote:
pam wrote:anyone in the printing trade?? :-k
Well, at your service, but I have no idea how can I help here.........
Poster required, as described above
:wink:

Pam
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

pam wrote:Poster required, as described above

Pam
Then you need to send me this poster or materials for it, I will reproduce it and then send a copy of it to you. No problem ;)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Zgred wrote:
pam wrote:Poster required, as described above

Pam
Then you need to send me this poster or materials for it, I will reproduce it and then send a copy of it to you. No problem ;)
I have looked at my own collection, and this is what I have found...

Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

posters

Post by Zgred »

Bart wrote:I have looked at my own collection, and this is what I have found...
I would gladly put my hands on these ;)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Posters

Post by leila.wilson »

Me too Zgred. They are beautiful!!!
Stainsby Girl
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Stainsby Girl »

That's an incredible collection Bart!

I still haven't found my perfect poster..