The man The voice The guitar

It all Started At Bush Hall

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

It all Started At Bush Hall

Post by Crusoe »

Hello to everybody ! Well I am a newbie Chris admirer. It all started just a few nights ago, when i received an invite to his concert at Bush Hall. I did know his music, i even liked a few of his songs ! but somehow he was just another one of the many artists that i ocassionaly listened to.

And then... the best way to describe it is that I was simply blown away by his performance . I cant think of another concert that has effected me as much .. I stood right at the front of the stage, on the left side.. real close up. Just a few feet away from Chris and the band.

And from the first moment he walked on to the small stage, and started to sing in his unique gravely voice, i was just mesmerised. Hi energy, his feeling,his playing and of course the most important his music.. WOW

Gosh just reading what i just wrote make me sound like some teenager..which sadly i am not :)

Well after such a concert where else could i go, but to this site, and immediately join .
(Thanks Bart for the speedy registration )

Thats my intro.. Still high from tuesday night, but i hope any future postings by me will be a bit more with my feet on the ground..

Robert
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: It all Started At Bush Hall

Post by Jim M »

Hi Robert
I was probably standing right beside you @ Bush hall.I was right beside Bart.
Was he not amazing !
I've been a huge fan since 1978 so i'm not a teenager either :shock:
I know exactly what you mean as I'd never seen him live and we traveled from Canada for the show.
You were very lucky to score tickets !
As Vargas (the artist who drew nude women) once said show me something more beatiful and i'll draw it !
Well you show me a better singer/songwriter/GUITAR player and i'll listen.
Welcome to the site !
By the way i think one of the best things about the evening was being around other Reanatics who knew where i was coming from as you are here.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
familychild
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by familychild »

hope everyone did enjoy the evening and you all had a safe journey back home.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi Robert,
Welcome to the site :)
Jim M wrote:As Vargas (the artist who drew nude women) once said show me something more beatiful and i'll draw it !
Well you show me a better singer/songwriter/GUITAR player and i'll listen.
Hi Jim,
I agree with you :)
Lovely to meet you and Judy on Tuesday night even if we were embarrassingly late :) I hope we are forgiven :)
Jim M wrote:By the way i think one of the best things about the evening was being around other Reanatics who knew where i was coming from as you are here.
I know what you mean.I have been to Chris concert's before but this was the 1st time I was with other Reanatics and it made such a big difference.I wish you a safe journey home to Canada and hopefully hear from you soon :)
familychild wrote:hope everyone did enjoy the evening and you all had a safe journey back home.
Thanks Familychild home safe and sound and already looking forward to April next year :) :)
It was lovely to meet you last Tuesday :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.