The man The voice The guitar

Let's play a game

The topic previously known as "General chat"...
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Re: Let's play a game

Post by Peter S... »

alan1958 wrote:Lily , put us out of our misery ........what is the answer , as I cannot actually remember CR winning ANY Brit Awards , but then again , I never watch it , as I go to a knitting class on a Wednesday when it is on !!
Alan
Alan,

Lily asked when was Chris nominated, i do believe you are correct in saying Chris has never WON any Brit awards.

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Peter S... wrote:
alan1958 wrote:Lily , put us out of our misery ........what is the answer , as I cannot actually remember CR winning ANY Brit Awards , but then again , I never watch it , as I go to a knitting class on a Wednesday when it is on !!
Alan
Alan,

Lily asked when was Chris nominated, i do believe you are correct in saying Chris has never WON any Brit awards.

Peter S...
Oooooops .......Thanks Peter , my selective eyesight ....must be an age thing :shock: .....I must have read that a few times , but never properly :) ......"nominated" for Brits ......mmmmm....that's a great question , but I do not know the answer :(
All the best
Alan
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Alan, funny as usual... :lol:

Peter's right, Chris never won, but was nominated twice, first, in 1989 for "On The Beach", and then in 1990, for "The Road To Hell"

We'll give it to Phillipe to continue the next question, since he got one of them right.... :D

Lily
philippe_wurtz
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by philippe_wurtz »

question : give me three stiker's name on pinky !

phil
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I know one is Formentera, the other a Lotus sticker, can't remember a third one.....

Lily
philippe_wurtz
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by philippe_wurtz »

quit a good answer......

the third one is " a trap" .... the sticker is on the back side......
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Hope you folks don't mind if I put on another question ........

Where was Chris on holiday when he was inspired , then wrote, most of the lyrics to the wonderful album, "King of the Beach "........winner gets a bucket & spade .

Alan
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

alan1958 wrote:Hope you folks don't mind if I put on another question ........

Where was Chris on holiday when he was inspired , then wrote, most of the lyrics to the wonderful album, "King of the Beach "........winner gets a bucket & spade .

Alan
-----------
Hi Alan,

That was an easy one; he wrote most of the songs for the album "King of the Beach" on the British Turks and Caicos Islands (just north of Cuba in the Bahama Islands' chain), while vacationing there.
I said: "most of the songs" therefore I wonder, in turn, whether you know where had Chris written at least two (2) other memorable songs from the same album?
One of them was inspired by the world-famous cathedral and the other described "an old town" and "dancing snowflakes" which brought to Chris "a piece of memory."
Take care,
Chris
philippe_wurtz
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by philippe_wurtz »

lilybee wrote:I know one is Formentera, the other a Lotus sticker, can't remember a third one.....

Lily
So no idea ....

The fisrt one is the 'UK lotus club" sticker, the second one is the "Formentora" sticker (where he wrote the so beautifull "on the beach", and the third one is a "Marlboro" sticker on the back of pinky.

i give the next turn to lilybee...

cheers
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks Phillipe.... :D

I'll share my question with Chris (Poland), since I know one of his questions:

The song was "The Bones of Angels" inspired by the Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom ) in Germany.

I posted these links to it before, and I believe they are worth another look:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... t_1_RB.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _osten.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... nSpire.JPG

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... enraum.jpg

There are two cities I'm visiting for sure when I go to Europe, London and Cologne,.... :D

I don't know the answer to the second question Chris, but I'm going to take a wild guess and say The Memory of a Good Friend?

If not, your next!

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Lily,

Yes, you've answered it correctly, the first song, "The Bones of Angels", was inspired by the Cologne cathedral.
The second tune, though, was not the "Memory of a Good Friend" but the "Still Beautiful" which Chris wrote (I read in one of his interviews) at a Warsaw hotel while staying overnight when taping a TV recital. It was in December and, obviously, the snow was falling. This particular song is still a little bit mystery to me.
Best regards to you,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris,

I guess I would have known the second one by reading the lyrics!.... :shock: :lol:

I guess you're up next with the next question,

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:Hi Chris,

I guess I would have known the second one by reading the lyrics!.... :shock: :lol:

I guess you're up next with the next question,

Lily
-------
Thank you Lily.
Here we go....
What country is being credited with making Chris Rea's commercial success possible?
It wasn't Britain (and it came as a total surprise to me!), the US, Holland, Russia nor Poland but....
Best regards to all,
Chris
philippe_wurtz
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by philippe_wurtz »

France.........mmmh defintly not......

but i don't know why.....

let's try China ....(???)

Phil
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

philippe_wurtz wrote:France.........mmmh defintly not......

but i don't know why.....

let's try China ....(???)

Phil
--------

Ho Phil,

Nope, it wasn't France nor China either...even though the "Josephine" occupied for weeks the first place in the French music charts and Chris recorded quite a few albums in Provance....
Chris