Chris Rea "B Sides and Singles" recordings

All topics concerning Chris' discography
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: Chris Rea "B Sides" recordings

Post by alan1958 »

Hi Bart,
Ooops, I really cannot remember where I got the Idea the album was for charity , and not being able to read German ,I have never really looked at the cd box , but you are correct as far as I can see, it does'nt even look like an album that was for charity .
But I am sure I read , somewhere, that the song had some connection with charity, possibly completly wrong of course.
More importantly, thanks for all the work you do , I come on here a couple of times a day , and really enjoy the posts
keep up the good work
Alan
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Mark,
Same here! Although I have most of them I am looking for the last few I don't have.If we are looking for the same items we are bound to run into each other even though we might not know it.I have my eye on 2 at the monent but I won't say anything either just in case you out bid me.I wonder if I could find your user name just from the information that you have given here that wayI know who I am in competition with :) :)
Tina :) :)
I have just recently got The Christmas EP and ING... so looking forward to having them delivered :D
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Mark,
I have "Ing".I have just bought Girl In A Sports Car which has a song I don't know called "Only To Fly" and "Expresso Logic which has "We Don't Have A Problem".As a matter of interest which other B sides do you have Mark if I may ask? Like your good self I am now waiting for delivery. :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by mark hughes »

Hi Tina,

I didn't have any Chris Rea singles, just every album, and didn't think of buying any until this week and notably after reading this thread. The singles I brought this week are Julia which has 'I thought I Was Going To Lose You' and 'Jordan 191' as b-sides and 'You Can Go Your Own Way' with 'Ruby Blue' and 'Three Little Green Candles' on it. I have also put bids on a couple more 'Espresso Logic' being one of them! :D

Incidentally 'Only To Fly' is on the 'La Passione' album.
...In this garden I will burn my callous robes...
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

To all you folks (Tina 3 & Mark Hughes etc) trying to buy the singles to get the B-Sides , here is a link to Amazon with some real cheap ones !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/chris-rea-1-Mus ... 011&page=1
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the link Alan, :D

Now I'm on the race too!! :lol:

Happy hunting everybody,

Lily B.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

alan1958 wrote:To all you folks (Tina 3 & Mark Hughes etc) trying to buy the singles to get the B-Sides , here is a link to Amazon with some real cheap ones !
http://www.amazon.co.uk/chris-rea-1-Mus ... 011&page=1
Hello people;

When buying "anything" from Amazon, please use a link from the ONLINE SHOP(make sure "weltochrreath-21" is somewhere in the url-address at all times!) and from that page start searching the Amazon site further. That way this site get's a small revenue for each sale and you help supporting it. It makes no difference for the "end-users" price, so please use this link... Many thanks in advance,
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone
Alan Thankyou so much for the link :)

mark hughes wrote:Incidentally 'Only To Fly' is on the 'La Passione' album.
Thanks for this information.I have that album and I never noticed that.I think I need to start again and listen to all Chris's albums.
Bart wrote:When buying "anything" from Amazon, please use a link from the ONLINE SHOP(make sure "weltochrreath-21" is somewhere in the url-address at all times!)

Bart since you are the brains behind this website could I ask you to make a link please the was that you would receive a small fee if it were used for Amazon.I'm not been funny thing is I don't have a clue how to add "weltochrreath-21" to a url.I have limited knowledge on using Computers.Thankyou

Heres happy hunting to anyone who is looking for these B sides.Thankfully I have most of these cause the competition is getting serious.
Pick up the pieces and start again.
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

Peter S

Could I ask which "A" sides the following "B" sides are from on your page 1 list of this thread?

Fascination,
If I Ever Break Free,
Members Only,

Thanks in anticipation

Poolie
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

re-please use a link from the ONLINE SHOP
No Problem Bart, anything that will help the site!!!!!
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Bart wrote:
Hello people;

When buying "anything" from Amazon, please use a link from the ONLINE SHOP(make sure "weltochrreath-21" is somewhere in the url-address at all times!) and from that page start searching the Amazon site further. That way this site get's a small revenue for each sale and you help supporting it. It makes no difference for the "end-users" price, so please use this link... Many thanks in advance,

Do you get credit when we actually buy something, or just by clicking and getting to amazon through here?

I see the "weltochrreath-21" when I click on the albums, my shopping cart is kind of full in there now, just waiting for my big fat check.... :D

Lily
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

poolie wrote:Peter S

Could I ask which "A" sides the following "B" sides are from on your page 1 list of this thread?

Fascination,
If I Ever Break Free,
Members Only,

Thanks in anticipation

Poolie
Hi,

Sorry but none of the songs listed are on B sides.

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

Hi Peter S

If they are not on the "B" side of singles can you tell me where they are located i.e. album name etc. I assumed from the thread that they were "B" sides but if not are they legitimate releases rather than part of bootleg live cds? Any information would be helpful.
Thanks.

Poolie
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

This is one of the oldies I'm looking for:

http://eil.com/shop/moreinfo.asp?catalogid=156097

Can't seem to find it on ebay.

Anybody else got it? :D

Lily
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Lily ,
This turns up quite often on ebay /amazon etc - but you are gonna need a turntable .
I've had it professionally transfered from the vinyl to cd along with all the other 12" singles and stuff that isn't available on cd ,so keep in touch .
It is still one of his best "dance " mixes , and played loud ,it is stunning .I'm sure you have heard it but for anyone else who doe'snt know it , someone has posted it on youtube
Alan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZitJYE8 ... re=related