The man The voice The guitar

Just Got Blue Guitars - Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!

Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Just Got Blue Guitars - Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily /Jim,
Ok ladies 1st :) Lily that link you have is for the 1 disc edition.After a bit of a search I found this one BUT it is in German.I think it is easly to figure out from the information that this is the 2 disc edition unless some of our german friends would help :) and translate for us.But I think this is the one :) :)
http://www.amazon.de/Chris-Rea-Dancing- ... B0000714JT

Jim M wrote:I just received my 2 posters from hope for tomorrow yesterday and they are fantastic.I ordered Country Blue 1 and Latin Blues 1

I wonder if it is possible for you to maybe send a link to the posters that you bought as it would be nice to have a look at them please :) thats if its not too much trouble. :) As fans on this site we don't talk much about Chris's paintings so its nice when we can get a chance.
With regard to Stony Road I think I have most of the versions of the DVD and the CD as it is one of my favourates.I agree with Jim in saying you have to be careful about which one you want to buy naturally the 2 disc set is better than the 1 disc.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Tina
I thought it was you that put the link in (Check 1st page of this forum) ?I ordered from http://www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk (not sure how to insert link -sorry).They have everything from original paintings to posters.
As far as the different versions of Stony Road I like the 2 CD-20 song version without the video as the songs flow better ! Especially CD 2 When the good lord talked to jesus/Qualified /Sun is rising /Someday my peace will come -these should be 1 song (or least always grouped together).This suite of songs is almost a religious experience !
If anyone can shed some light on the 2 DVD version I'd also appreciate it.
Nothing's Happening by the Sea
JIm
Nothings Happening By The Sea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the info Jim, I'm looking for both the DVD and cd version of Dancing Down The Stony Road, (Not to be confused with Stony Road, the CD ??)

The posters I got from Blue Guitars are Country Blues I, Latin Blues I & II, and New Orleans I. The New Orleans poster was a complementary gift from Christine, (I also donated to the site), and it's actually signed by Chris :D

Lily B.
Last edited by lilybee on 29 Apr 2008, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Tina :D

I just love Chris' paintings, I wish there was more info about Chris' art, all I know is that his wife Joan (who's an artist herself) helped him get started with his painting, while he was recuperating from his big surgery.

The links to the posters have been posted many times, including this thread here, but here I go again:
http://www.hopefortomorrow.org.uk/chris_rea/giclee

Lily B.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily /Jim,
These paintings are amazing.I just love Chris's paintings.Although Chris credits his wife with teaching him how to paint I wonder is it just another side to his creative talent.
lilybee wrote:I'm looking for both the DVD and cd version of Dancing Down The Stony Road
Lily sorry but I am confused :) :)did you check the link I sent you.Is that the DVD you are looking for and is it the 2 disc CD edition that you are looking for too.?

Yes Jim it was me.Excuse the confusion on my part :lol: :lol:
Jim M wrote:
Especially CD 2 When the good lord talked to jesus/Qualified /Sun is rising /Someday my peace will come

These songs are amazing and my favourates.I think these songs take us very close to the effects Chris suffered as a result of his illness.Not just the physical pain but the emotional and mental pain as well.
With regard to the 2 DVD version of Stony Road... It contains an extra DVD of Chris at Montreux where he launched the Stony Road CD.The description on the back says "23 minute exclusive concert footage of Chris at Montreux Jazz festival 2002".On this DVD he sings 4 songs from the album which are on youtube http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... arch_type= If I am not mistaken Lily has these videos on her Youtube page.
Last edited by Tina3 on 29 Apr 2008, 22:23, edited 2 times in total.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Tina :D
With regard to the 2 DVD version of Stony Road... It contains an extra DVD of Chris at Montreux where he launched the Stony Road CD.The description on the back says "23 minute exclusive concert footage of Chris at Montreux Jazz festival 2002
Well, now that you mentioned the extra DVD with the concert footage, this is the one I want Too!

Yes, I have 4 videos from that concert in my youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEtOTm0SI_c

Cheers :D

Lily B.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Oh, and the 2CD audio set also!

Lily B.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily,
The link I sent you earlier is the 2 disc DVD from Amazon.de and they have the 2 disc CD as well which is this one http://www.amazon.de/Stony-Road-Ltd-Chr ... =8-28which Hope this helps
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks Tina, :D

Too bad the chat room is not working now :(

E-mail me anytime,

Lily B.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily,
I hope Bart has it working again soon.It would be nice to have a chat.I wonder is he planning on setting it up again .I hope so :) :) Talk to you soon.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

He might fix it when he comes back from vacation Tina :(

See you later,

Lily B.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

lilybee wrote:Oh, and the 2CD audio set also!

Lily B.
Lily
Don't forget the store @ http://www.chrisrea.com they carry the 2 CD version W/video.
I'm sure CR makes a little more $$ when we buy directly from Jazzee Blue
Nothins Happening By The Sea
JIm
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Jim,
Don't forget the store @ http://www.chrisrea.com they carry the 2 CD version W/video.
So that version is the one with the concert footage Tina is talking about?

I'm about to get it anyway with the 7" single, :D

Lily B.
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Lily
It's very confusing isn't it !THe Chris REa website says thier version has concert footage and samples of his artwork.AS i said in a previous post these are the Stony Road CD's I have;
Jazzee Blue JBLUECD01 2CD's w/10 songs on each (this is the one i like to listen todue to song flow)
EDEL 0141922ERE 1CD w/13 songs
EDEL 0143652ERE 2CD's w/13 songs on 1 and 7 songs plus Making of Stony Rd short cut/Dancing Down the Stony Road VIDEOS
I also have single DVD /PLus the DVD that comes w/Blue Guitars
Jazzee Blue JBLUEDVD01 w/75 minute documentary plus live concert footage of let's dance/on the beach/road to hell and Josephine
I'm sure there are more versions out there of both CD and DVD's.Unfortunately i don't read German so i'm not sure what the Amazon 2 disc. DVD is about.For us Noth Americans you do have to be carefull w/PAL dvd's as you may or may not be able to play on all machines.You can have them converted but it's not cheap.
I've alredy ordered the 7" single and will be interested to see the packaging.
JIm
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

We are all blessed with this album arent we? :D
So much blessed that we cant decide which CD to choose first to listen... :D

Z
www.zeljkoart.com