The man The voice The guitar

LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Stop the presses
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: LIVE SESSION VIDEO OF CHRIS

Post by Müfo »

Mr Blues, I exaclty feel the same as you, in every point! And I bet there is nobody else who has influence on the setlist as Chris himself. It must be so boring for him and his band??!! And I don`t understand the argument that he has to do compromises to earn money to carry on making records. There are thousand of bands out there playing in front of a few dozen people, selling a few thousand records and doing what they want to do: playing 3 hours live gigs, changing the setlist every night and so on. So if Chris realy is in it for the music, he shouldn`t care about the what people want hear- though I think that everybody- even the mainstream fans - wouldn`t be worried about a different set as the tours before. As I said it somewhere before: the atmosphere at the stonyroad concerts (where he played mainly new stuff) was much better than on the last tous.
Cheers to you all
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Müfo wrote:Mr Blues, I exaclty feel the same as you, in every point! And I bet there is nobody else who has influence on the setlist as Chris himself. It must be so boring for him and his band??!! And I don`t understand the argument that he has to do compromises to earn money to carry on making records. There are thousand of bands out there playing in front of a few dozen people, selling a few thousand records and doing what they want to do: playing 3 hours live gigs, changing the setlist every night and so on. So if Chris realy is in it for the music, he shouldn`t care about the what people want hear- though I think that everybody- even the mainstream fans - wouldn`t be worried about a different set as the tours before. As I said it somewhere before: the atmosphere at the stonyroad concerts (where he played mainly new stuff) was much better than on the last tous.
Cheers to you all
Cheers !!! :)
Finally someone who understands what I´m talking about over here :D
Yeah, if Chris is out there for the music and not for the money, then he should
stop the insanity already :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

stop the insanity already
So let me get this right all you want is for Chris not to play the "old classics" but anything else is ok? oh and to change the set list on a nightly basis.And you call Chris insane. I suggest you come out of that idealistic tower and join the real world.

Poolie
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

poolie wrote:And you call Chris insane. I suggest you come out of that idealistic tower and join the real world.
Poolie
I think we already discussed that. There are many artists who change their setlists every gig.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
poolie
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by poolie »

I think we already discussed that. There are many artists who change their setlists every gig.
I don't think you'll find that was a discussion, more an implausible request.

Poolie
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

poolie wrote:I don't think you'll find that was a discussion, more an implausible request.
Poolie
Not in this topic, but I remember that as I was taking part in the discussion. Maybe Mr. B. will find the link if it's needed.
The worst is gone....
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

For those who does not live in UK and cannot watch the videos from lsat friday:

Road To Hell http://dl.free.fr/vPuPOWQOm
On The Beach... http://dl.free.fr/omHpTTzyA
Josephine... http://dl.free.fr/iAfSA9iZO
Let's Dance... http://dl.free.fr/iCZGWZNdP
So far to go http://dl.free.fr/rqjroWsIH

Thanks to Zel.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

andrew fischer wrote:Thanks to Zel.
Honestly, I'm not used to downloading things from such sites, sad it's not YouTube, but - great job anyway.
Glad to hear that Zel is still there!
The worst is gone....
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

poolie wrote:
stop the insanity already
So let me get this right all you want is for Chris not to play the "old classics" but anything else is ok? oh and to change the set list on a nightly basis.And you call Chris insane. I suggest you come out of that idealistic tower and join the real world.

Poolie
Tell me what is so impossible with the changing songs in the set list during the tour??
I would say it would be pure joy and refreshing thing to the band and also to audience as well.
And indeed there is plenty of bands who changes the songs during the tour, it´s only logical
and it keeps things a lot more interesting for the band and for the audience as well.
I don´t know in what world you live if you haven´t seen anyone doing this before, it´s just pure common sense.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

elangelo wrote:
poolie wrote:And you call Chris insane. I suggest you come out of that idealistic tower and join the real world.
Poolie
You are absolutely right !:)
Crusoe
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Crusoe »

Poolie[/quote]

Tell me what is so impossible with the changing songs in the set list during the tour??
I would say it would be pure joy and refreshing thing to the band and also to audience as well.
And indeed there is plenty of bands who changes the songs during the tour, it´s only logical
and it keeps things a lot more interesting for the band and for the audience as well.
I don´t know in what world you live if you haven´t seen anyone doing this before, it´s just pure common sense.[/quote]

In the real concert world, artists plan their concerts and set list with the record company..to ensure sales of their new as well as old albums.

And if he sticks with all the old hits plus soem blues that's probably because he knows the majority of ticket buying audience better than you and me ! :-)

its clear that Chris is looking at this tour as an income / pension , and frankly who can blame him?

We fans don't own the artist...nobody forces anyboody to buy tickets to his tour...

Today the music world has changed dramatically...Artists rarely make serious money from any sales of singles / album.. its all about touring and maxamising the revenue.

That's the real world
There's nothing to fear
Nothing to fear
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

[quote: ,,In the real concert world, artists plan their concerts and set list with the record company..."]

Maybe in the popstar- mainstream- world Chris never wanted to be part of. But not in the world of thousands of music loving bands!
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Crusoe wrote:Poolie
I don´t know in what world you live if you haven´t seen anyone doing this before, it´s just pure common sense.[/quote]

In the real concert world, artists plan their concerts and set list with the record company..to ensure sales of their new as well as old albums.

And if he sticks with all the old hits plus soem blues that's probably because he knows the majority of ticket buying audience better than you and me ! :-)

its clear that Chris is looking at this tour as an income / pension , and frankly who can blame him?

We fans don't own the artist...nobody forces anyboody to buy tickets to his tour...

Today the music world has changed dramatically...Artists rarely make serious money from any sales of singles / album.. its all about touring and maxamising the revenue.

That's the real world[/quote]

I understand that Chris will play the old songs too, but why he can´t change the songs during the gigs???
I am sure that managment and record company doesn´t say anything about changing the song during the gigs.
Why every gig has to go with the same route, I can´t understand why some of you people don´t see how foolish it is??? Where is the excitement, thrill, and suprises of not knowing which song might change that one night when you go to see the concert. It is absolutely insane that you know every - song in beforehand and also in which order the songs will come out. There is thousands of bands out there who are willing to do the changes, give the thrill and do some experimental moves during the gig by going with the inspiration and mood. Live gig should live a bit of its own life, things changes in the life too you know. If you don´t want that, why don´t you people just watch dvd and stay home with the set you already know.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Ronald and all,

Thank you Ronald for posting these links. We, in all these far away countries, could not listen and watch the videos directly from the BBC site for known, already explained to us reasons.
After watching this live session I'm only convinced even more that we all should be grateful to Chris for still playing at all after all his illnesses as well as his current health condition. He's wearing glasses, his forearm is bandaged and he appears to be losing his voice. So, I don't understand why some fans would even expect him to 'give us more', to 'change the setlist' each concert etc. Before any tour musicians rehearse a number of tunes but they cannot possibly play everything. The less surprises on stage the better.
As far as the music industry, well 'he who pays the piper calls the tune', meaning: it's the mainstream concert goers who decide what songs should be played because these are exactly the tunes they all know best and they expect Chris to play them. It's as simple as that.
And yes, Chris counts very much on revenues from downloads, concerts and stores.
Best regards to all,
Chris