The man The voice The guitar

Chris his new double album and singles/tour etc

Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: Chris his new double album and singles/tour etc

Post by Müfo »

...of course i feel the same with regard to best-of- cds, but we should always keep in mind: there is no other artist on earth (even amongst the younger ones) who`s such a enormous output of new material. So we should be a little more patient ;-). Compare it probably to the Eagles who`ve released ONE new CD since their comeback in 95? and several best- off.
reagards to you all
Jan
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

[quote="Müfo"]...of course i feel the same with regard to best-of- cds, but we should always keep in mind: there is no other artist on earth (even amongst the younger ones) who`s such a enormous output of new material. So we should be a little more patient ;-). Compare it probably to the Eagles who`ve released ONE new CD since their comeback in 95? and several best- off.
reagards to you all
Jan[/quote]

I don´t find it as problem to wait a bit longer with the new material.
I hate to see him having new best of albums too often.
He shouldn´t do that. Period.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

About the "bonus material" like for example interview on this new collection.
If the managment was doing their job that stuff would be at the official chris rea website and for free.
What the hell, do we have to pay to see or hear interviews??? Isn´t the interviews ment to be like promotion for the new releases etc..not a tool for making money. During these modern internet times stuff like interviews should be at the official website and for free indeed. Fans are going to the concerts and buying new albums (with new material) and this is the thanks that we get, we get f###ed in the eye and our money taken away.
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

In my opignion the new cd is only for the england market. (Rhino.co.uk)

The new cd is not listed in germany at amazon.de

The greatest hit from 2008 was by edel.de from germany and not listed in england.

Maybe Chris is working on new projects an has not finsihed with that. So he gave warner/ Rhino two new songs to put on the greatest hits now.

And the tour ? Maybe only in england ? Feb 2010 can be, maybe he will bring his new autobiography along on the tour ?

What do you think of it ?
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

As long as "the products" are as good as Blue Guitars or HBN, then i like the frequency of new material.
Mr Blues is in my opinion right but must take some "decafe", because its not worth to get upset. You download the new songs and that's it.

Yes its strange we do not get any update on the autobiography.

Full disclosure; i probably will download the two songs and buy the album anyway, call me dumb but i think that is whats gonna happen, has happened with other artist also. My networth isn't in the millions or billions anyway.
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

Hi all,

I'm really looking forward to his new songs and the interviews etc. but I also think that the management - or whoever is responsible - should do their jobs properly and at least put some interviews on his site or some other bits we used to get from other artists - for free.

I can understand that Chris is no avid internet user - but his official site is a real farce.

Anyway - if my memory serves me right - another album Chris had in mind was about roads. Different roads in different countries all over the world - accompanied by the adequate soundtrack. Does anybody know something about that?

REAgards

Tobi
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

The posts above made me REAlise that the release of the Blue Guitars book was perhaps for other artist 10 years worth of new stuff in one go (11cd'd+ 1DVD) so maybe we have been spoilt by Chris in recent times, and are a bit too quick to criticise ?
A single CD with 13/14 new songs would be nice. Knowing how prolific he is I'm surprised we have not got this. Is this new release a throwback to an earlier contract, seen as edel have released the music books.
could this be true, could this be me..
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

Reading most of the comments including my own the long and short of it would be we would rather have nothing for two or three years then a cd rather than best ofs being released. I have counted at least 4 best of albums and I am sure there are even more than that. Another of my favourite artists The Blue Nile are an example of only releasing material when ready around 7 years between albums but well worth the wait. This all said Chris is still and always will be THE BEST
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

I´ve been using hard words over here and for a reason.
Anyhow, I gotta tell you, Chris is still the best for me, and he always will be.
I just can´t help of feeling disappointed with this river of best of albums that
there is and that river seems to be just growing. [EDIT: Please don't use this word], I can almost predict
that there is yet another best of album before we see the year 2011.
Official or non-official, that doesn´t really matter.
This all been said, that goes with every other artist and band which I love.
[EDIT: Please don't use this word], just release those two new songs and let it be like that....
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
A few facts are clear from reading these posts.A lot of us are disappointed about this album which is understandable and Ace Of Hearts put it so well that Chris has us spoiled.He gives us so much in most of his albums that maybe it's time to give him a break.This sounds cheeky coming from me I know as I have been one to judge Chris very hard.
Chris has always changed his mind in the past so I think it's a case we know what will happen when it is in the music stores or tickets are on sale for his concerts.I'm not mad about this album myself but I will buy it.I want the 2 new songs and as Mr Blues puts it he is still the best for me.
Bluehood 71 has the best idea...a album every few years which has new material on it rather than a "best of" every year.
Like so many around here I have been a fan for so long now that I would forgive Chris almost anything.If the best Chris can give us is 2 new songs then so be it.It's better than no songs at all and for what he has given in the pass in the way of albums I am fool enough to buy the entire album as I won't download music.
Tina :-))
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

Some more info for you.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5338693 ... ea&cat=all

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Is this the compete return to warner music ? A new album in 2010 for warner ?

What i do not understand is that the album wont be out in germany . Only as an import.

I am very confused about the news....

Edit .

Maybe its the same way as in 1988 the best of " new lights through... " came out and than the first work with warner was " The road to hell " . His first Nr. 1 around europe.

If this happens again it would be great. But i think Chris should go his way and not the way of the music companies. A lot of blues work would be great but some rock hits like "road to hell" please...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

[quote="Peter S..."]Hi,

Some more info for you.

http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=5338693 ... ea&cat=all

Peter S...[/quote]

Well, next year will be interesting, new album with the old record company.
Hopefully Chris can keep his head with them this time, as I don´t want him
sell himself again. I would be disappointed big time if he would go back to commercial
rock/pop genre. Hate that shit. He has done his part with that genre, he better keep
up with the blues now.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Peter/Mr Blues thanks for the News.
This is more like Chris I hope :-))
I wonder will it be released in time for his tour next year.

[quote="pizzaaddi"]think Chris should go his way and not the way of the music companies. A lot of blues work would be great but some rock hits like "road to hell" please...[/quote]

[quote="Mr_Blues"]Hopefully Chris can keep his head with them this time, as I don´t want him
sell himself again. I would be disappointed big time if he would go back to commercial
rock/pop genre[/quote]

Totally agree with you 2 people on this one.I hope Chris won't go back to pop.I love Chris singing all types of music but Blues is the best.
Maybe Warner has seen a space in the market for Chris to sing the music he loves.I wonder if the sales from previous albums like Stony Road, Blue Guitars just about made enough for Warner to take an interest in Chris again.I didn't think they had myself but fingers crossed that 2010 we will have another great album from Chris.
Tina :-))
Pick up the pieces and start again.
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

You can be sure that Warner will not have taken Chris back without some assurances about the new material.
They won't want something like Road to Hell II again.

If it is to be in his new style, it will not be anything like the last earbook - more like Stony Road or Blue Jukebox.
"Accessible" will have to be an underlying feature. Warner are not in this for artistic reasons.