The man The voice The guitar

Blue Guitars, the book and design

Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Blue Guitars, the book and design

Post by Mr_Blues »

I think that the book and design of Blue Guitars should have it´s own topic written here. So let me start this.

At first I gotta say that this is a marvelous thing, a book, interview, pictures, lyrics and cd´s & dvd inside of it. It will look great when I will put it on to book shelf ( that won´t happen anytime soon as there´s gonna be some serious listenning before that, it´s gonna take weeks :) ).

All the paintings are great and it´s a important part of this project.
I wish I could have money to spend for buying them as posters :)

Lyrics are something which I want to have on every album that I buy, unfortunately many bands & artists doesn´t include them to album case.
Gladly Chris has always lyrics added and this time ain´t no exception.
That´s a hell of a lot of lyrics this time, over 130 lyrics :)

One thing I gotta say which is a bad thing. Cd´s are attached badly, one or two albums slips away from inside almost every time when I try to jump over that page which has 8 albums on it. I wish they would have done this with other way.

Well, after all, a great package :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Blue Guitars, the book and design

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:That´s a hell of a lot of lyrics this time, over 130 lyrics :)
I know everything about it, I have added all of them to the discography !! :wink: :wink:
Mr_Blues wrote: One thing I gotta say which is a bad thing. Cd´s are attached badly, one or two albums slips away from inside almost every time when I try to jump over that page which has 8 albums on it.
I don;t have the album jet, but I did expect this to happen. therefor I'll copy all CD's (once and just for private use of course) and leve the album closed, while listening to the copies...

(I am going to work on a chat today ! please try if this works (don't mind the "looks" need to work on that !)
click here
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:I don;t have the album jet, but I did expect this to happen. therefor I'll copy all CD's (once and just for private use of course) and leve the album closed, while listening to the copies...

(I am going to work on a chat today ! please try if this works (don't mind the "looks" need to work on that !)
click here
Yeah, slipping cd´s is the one reason why I´m copying these cd´s so that I don´t have to remove them from the book all the time. And of course it´s ok to make copies for yourself, in case someone wonders.

I´m trying chat as we speak. It has that reloading problem, does it have to do it all the time`?? It´s making noise and blinking, I hate it :)
Other ways it´s great thing :)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:(I am going to work on a chat today ! please try if this works (don't mind the "looks" need to work on that !)
click here
About the chat. Can you make it the way that if you have registered to this site no one else can use your nickname on chat??
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:
bjongen wrote:(I am going to work on a chat today ! please try if this works (don't mind the "looks" need to work on that !)
click here
About the chat. Can you make it the way that if you have registered to this site no one else can use your nickname on chat??
I have used a new script; please check it HERE (and let's discuse the chat over there, so this topic is about "Blue guitars", sorry its my own fault !)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

bjongen wrote:
I have used a new script; please check it HERE (and let's discuse the chat over there, so this topic is about "Blue guitars", sorry its my own fault !)
OK, no problemo :)
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by 1981 »

Mr_Blues wrote:
bjongen wrote:I don;t have the album jet, but I did expect this to happen. therefor I'll copy all CD's (once and just for private use of course) and leve the album closed, while listening to the copies...

click here
Yeah, slipping cd´s is the one reason why I´m copying these cd´s so that I don´t have to remove them from the book all the time. And of course it´s ok to make copies for yourself, in case someone wonders.

I´m trying chat as we speak. It has that reloading problem, does it have to do it all the time`?? It´s making noise and blinking, I hate it :)
Other ways it´s great thing :)
Why making copies from all the discs. Put the discs in 4-cd boxes(that's what I did). It's cheaper and easier.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Daniel Raedts wrote: Why making copies from all the discs. Put the discs in 4-cd boxes(that's what I did). It's cheaper and easier.
Sorry, here was misunderstaning, i don´t copy cd´s, I save them to my PC :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Daniel Raedts wrote:Why making copies from all the discs. Put the discs in 4-cd boxes(that's what I did). It's cheaper and easier.
Yes, that's also an option. But of course a CD-r costs only a few cents (bought last weekend 100 for EUR.30,= which means EUR 3,30 for copying all 11 discs).. and it is indeed a bit more work. But on the other hand, I'll keep my box set complete and undamaged (also the CD's) and I can take the copies anywhere (for example, I never leave "original" CD's in the car, afraid for theft...). And of course I will put all 137 songs on the PC in one directory, so I can listen them without changing the CD's all the time. It is really strange; I don't like Chris' latest Blues work (some tracks on stony road I did like...) and I almost didn’t listen to Blue street, blue jukebox, etc. but I am unbelievably nervous for the new album !! Can't wait to lose my ... (You know what Mr.B and Colin ;) )

One question... Is it "possible" to listen to the tracks in random order (when I put them all on the PC and then put it on shuffle) ?? (I know it is "technically" possible, but is it possible form a musical point of view ?)... In other words; are they lose tracks, or one coherent set that belongs together ?
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Bart wrote:One question... Is it "possible" to listen to the tracks in random order (when I put them all on the PC and then put it on shuffle) ?? I know it is "technically" possible, but is it possible form a musical point of view ?
I listen the new album many times in the Chris' order, after a lot of time when I know it very well, I may shuffle tracks to make the whole release a bit different, but usually it doesn't get better... even in some albums it doesn't work - don't know what's up :D

You better get to know this hot stuff very well, then you can try shuffling it, but probably the best way is to listen 130 tracks in right, premade order :mrgreen:
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:One question... Is it "possible" to listen to the tracks in random order (when I put them all on the PC and then put it on shuffle) ?? I know it is "technically" possible, but is it possible form a musical point of view ?
Well, I´ve been listening the whole box in the order which is premade, but then I´ve listenned some songs as I´m pleased. No wrong with that. But you better listen those albums with premade way too. The whole point is to take it historical way through the blues odyssey of Chris :)
leila.wilson
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Shuffling the order of the tracks..."Blue Guitars"

Post by leila.wilson »

Hi Zgred and Bart,
Could be wrong here, but I have most of Chris,s CDs on my computer, and to mix them all up,(usually to get all my favourites from the different CDs) in the media player, I just type "Chris Rea" in the search box, and all the songs I have come up. Then I drag from that list of titles, the ones I want in the order I want, over to the playing list. Then I click on "add to library" and on the list of choices that come up, I click "add currently playing list" Awindow comes uu showing all the compilations I have already, and I just add my new list to them.

If I have misunderstood what you were both discussing, please forgive me, but I am very new to PCs and don,t always understand the terminology.

Hi Zgred, hope you got my recent mail?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Shuffling the order of the tracks..."Blue Guitars&q

Post by Bart »

leila.wilson wrote:Hi Zgred and Bart,
Could be wrong here, but I have most of Chris,s CDs on my computer, and to mix them all up,(usually to get all my favourites from the different CDs) in the media player, I just type "Chris Rea" in the search box, and all the songs I have come up. Then I drag from that list of titles, the ones I want in the order I want, over to the playing list. Then I click on "add to library" and on the list of choices that come up, I click "add currently playing list" Awindow comes uu showing all the compilations I have already, and I just add my new list to them.

If I have misunderstood what you were both discussing, please forgive me, but I am very new to PCs and don,t always understand the terminology.

Hi Zgred, hope you got my recent mail?
Hello Leila;

glad to have you back on the forum. I don;t think I made myself clear (I found it difficult to explain what I ment...). I know it is "technically" possible to shuffle the tracks in media player (and also on a normal CD player), but I was wondering if listen to a sole track wouldn't "damage" the effect of the whole "story" Chris tries to tell us ... I als heard that the first songs of the first CD float over into each other, without pause (like it is one big track with a changing theme...). So I wondered, if you take one track out of that whole story, is it still as good to listen to it whithout the "context" (is that proper english?) around it ...
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by 1981 »

Bart wrote:
Daniel Raedts wrote:Why making copies from all the discs. Put the discs in 4-cd boxes(that's what I did). It's cheaper and easier.
Yes, that's also an option. But of course a CD-r costs only a few cents (bought last weekend 100 for EUR.30,= which means EUR 3,30 for copying all 11 discs).. and it is indeed a bit more work. But on the other hand, I'll keep my box set complete and undamaged (also the CD's) and I can take the copies anywhere (for example, I never leave "original" CD's in the car, afraid for theft...). And of course I will put all 137 songs on the PC in one directory, so I can listen them without changing the CD's all the time. It is really strange; I don't like Chris' latest Blues work (some tracks on stony road I did like...) and I almost didn’t listen to Blue street, blue jukebox, etc. but I am unbelievably nervous for the new album !! Can't wait to lose my ... (You know what Mr.B and Colin ;) )

One question... Is it "possible" to listen to the tracks in random order (when I put them all on the PC and then put it on shuffle) ?? (I know it is "technically" possible, but is it possible form a musical point of view ?)... In other words; are they lose tracks, or one coherent set that belongs together ?
True, true. Good points.

However, I've been Chris Rea fan for, say, 17 years. 'Blue Street' is my absolute favorite album...
Give these albums some time, they will grow on you. (what are your favorite tracks on 'Stony Road' and 'The Blue Jukebox'?)