The man The voice The guitar

Listening to Everything or just Old or New??

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Listening to Everything or just Old or New??

Post by Bart »

chrismiller wrote:Tina Turner
Going to see her live for the first time next year !! :D :D
chrismiller wrote:So somehow I agree, Bart, though DDTSR is one of my favourite albums with all those rough tones and voice smokier than ever before.
ohh, but don't get me wrong. I LOVE some tracks on the albums I mentioned I didn't like ("sun is rising" is the best!) but I don't like (almost) the whole album, as I do with many of the others...
chrismiller wrote:I can't get enough of Three Little Green Candles
Really don't like that song :(
chrismiller wrote:Great to be with you again
Great to have you with us!
lilybee wrote:(did I mention I don't like Diamonds either......)
Serious?!?!? This has to be on my top ... whell, at least my top 25!!
lilybee wrote:Not too crazy about TRTH2 ..... :(
I don't recall anybody saying it is there most fav. album ... am I wrong?
mark hughes wrote:The only albums which don't or very rarely get a look in are TRTHP2, DDTSR and the Delmots CD
Love the Delmonts !! Thanks for reminding me, have to make a copy for in my car for the hollidays...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi, :D

I forgot to mention, I also have my youtube videos on the background at work, so I'm slowly introducing Chris Rea to Southerners that never heard of him.

Works great, everybody likes at least one song everyday, and they get to watch him too.
I work on a 30" Apple display, so I put Chris in a corner, (and I don't mean that like Baby on Dirty Dancing! :lol: )

Lily
Last edited by lilybee on 04 Aug 2008, 18:19, edited 1 time in total.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Lily,
Sounds like a nice day at work
lilybee wrote:and I don't mean that like Baby on Dirty Dancing! :lol: )
What was it Patrick Swayze says "Nobody puts baby sitting in a corner" That was it.Love that film too :) :)
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

imagemkr wrote:I'm going to listen to all the "Blue" albums now.

Blue Streets
Blue Jukebox
Blue Cafe
and of course, all 11 CDs of Blue Guitars.

That should keep me going this week. :lol: :lol:
Well, I've listened to all those 'blue' CDs. Enjoyed them all, with the exception of Blue Jukebox. Not a very memorable CD as far as I'm concerned, with the exception of Baby Don't Cry. Long is the Time, Hard is the Road isn't bad either, but don't think I'll be playing that in its entirely for a while.

Listening to Blue Streets, seems like CR was working on a lot of ideas for his Blue Guitars compilation. Was interesting to listen to that.

Now I'm moving on to the Road To Hell albums:

Road to Hell
Road to Hell Part 2 (I already know that most of you don't like this. Haven't listened in a while, so will get back with comment after)
Road to Hell and Back
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Well, just finished all the RTHs - Road to Hell remains one of my overall favorites as that's what I first heard and knew alone for a few years. It definitely has not lost anything in two decades.

RTH2, I know a lot of you put at the bottom of the list, and maybe it is, but there are still some nuggets on there -
Keep on Dancing - the original version of Bue Guitars (Latin Blues) tune, Firefly, which has "nothing to fear" guitar going on, Marvin, The Way You Look Tonight.... It's not a bad album!

RTH&Back - The man live. I think all those albums are the best! :D :D

Next on my list (I guess this is diary of how I listed to EVERYTHING - chime in any time, somebody :lol: )--

The Early Years:
Benny, Deltics, and Tennis.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Thom, :D

It's great to re-discover Chris all over, isn't it?

I'm still stuck on the very early years B sides, because I didn't know them that well:

Everytime It Rains
True Love
Don't Look Back
Midnight Love
Love To Love
Se Sequi
Smile

Just beautiful music the man made back then... :D

The talent is always there, only the style changes 8)

I have "re-discovered" Windy Town and Ace of Hearts again, from listening to the Sydney concert versions of 87. Love those songs live!!

Lily
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

lilybee wrote:Hi Thom, :D

It's great to re-discover Chris all over, isn't it?

I'm still stuck on the very early years B sides, because I didn't know them that well:

Everytime It Rains
True Love
Don't Look Back
Midnight Love
Love To Love
Se Sequi
Smile

Just beautiful music the man made back then... :D

The talent is always there, only the style changes 8)

I have "re-discovered" Windy Town and Ace of Hearts again, from listening to the Sydney concert versions of 87. Love those songs live!!

Lily
Hmmmm. Don't seem to have Everytime It Rains, True Love or Don't Look Back. Guess I've got some more new-to-me CR to find and enjoy! :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
imagemkr wrote:The Early Years:
I love "Benny".No matter how many times I listen to it even if it has been months since the last time I STILL love it when I put it on.I have been thinking that I might get the vinyl version of this album.
imagemkr wrote:RTH&Back - The man live. I think all those albums are the best! :D :D
Totally agree.I never understand why Chris never realesed more concerts live.

[/quote] R.T.H.part 2 I am not mad on and I rarely if ever listen to it but now that you mention it I had not realised that "Keep on Dancing" was on here.This version would you believe I prefer to B.G
lilybee wrote:I have "re-discovered" Windy Town and Ace of Hearts again.Another 2 songs that I never get tired of especially "Windy Town".On the Sky Arts interview Chris says that this song is about Newcastle and I think Middlesborough too.
Have a great weekend everyone.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Tina3 wrote: R.T.H.part 2 I am not mad on and I rarely if ever listen to it but now that you mention it I had not realised that "Keep on Dancing" was on here.This version would you believe I prefer to B.G
Hi Tina -

Yes, and on Blue Street (Five Guitars), there are three songs - Piano Break, Still Going To A Go Go, and Are You Ready, that CR combined into just 'Are You Ready' for the Blue Guitars (Gospel, Soul Blues and Motown) CD.

The more I listen to some of the pre-"all blues" period, the more hints of what was to come I hear! :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

imagemkr wrote:RTH2, I know a lot of you put at the bottom of the list, and maybe it is, but there are still some nuggets on there -
Keep on Dancing - the original version of Bue Guitars (Latin Blues) tune, Firefly, which has "nothing to fear" guitar going on, Marvin, The Way You Look Tonight.... It's not a bad album!
Daaaaaamn you just made me realised The Way You Look Tonight is there on RtH p.2, got only MC and this song is not present on it. Hate when it happens... such an excellent and good vibe song (and the video is insanely funny :) ). Same happened to me with Dancing with Strangers album, the CD contains three songs that are absent on MC, and I was unaware of it for a long time. So thanks man ;)

Moreover I'm with you on that one, I like this album. It feels quite dark and pessimistic, and that's what one sometimes needs. Isn't it blues, somehow? I'll vote for... uh, started to listing them and realized it's 9 of 12 songs :) whatever! Thumbs up.

How's the ride? :D
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Zgred wrote:
How's the ride? :D
I'm lovin' it. Named the bike Josephine!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Soooooo envious.

Why not "Soft top, hard shoulder" ? :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

imagemkr wrote:and on Blue Street (Five Guitars), there are three songs - Piano Break, Still Going To A Go Go, and Are You Ready, that CR combined into just 'Are You Ready' for the Blue Guitars (Gospel, Soul Blues and Motown) CD.
I know these songs BUT I didn't know Chris combined them together to make Are You Ready.How do you find out pieces of information like that? :)
Zgred wrote:It feels quite dark and pessimistic, and that's what one sometimes needs. Isn't it blues, somehow?
I agree with you on this one.I listened to R.T.H.part 2 yesterday for the 1st time in a very long time and it fits I think more with the music Chris is doing now than it does with his pre Blues music.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Tina3 wrote:[...] it fits I think more with the music Chris is doing now than it does with his pre Blues music.
Word!
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Zrged,
What does that mean "Word" I need more than one word to explain something to me. I find this funny but not sure why.I think you are hilarious if I'm honest :lol: :lol: