The man The voice The guitar

Max Middleton

elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Max Middleton

Post by elangelo »

Hey, I finally found Max Middleton in a group called Snowy White. That's really funny that he sticked to the music style he liked playing with Chris -there's not so much difference to the Auberge or Road to Hell albums!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky4B4JGr0A
Does he ever smile?
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: Max Middleton

Post by Zgred »

I saw this name (Snowy White) somewhere on this forum... what was that about?
The music is not that far from CR, I guess. Some inspiration in one or another way?

Once you resigned from Chris Rea band, you have no reason to smile :D
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Zgred wrote:I saw this name (Snowy White) somewhere on this forum... what was that about?
The music is not that far from CR, I guess. Some inspiration in one or another way?

Once you resigned from Chris Rea band, you have no reason to smile :D
Well, I never saw him really smile before, so maybe he was not so well-tempered and that was the reason he left :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Elangelo,
You have returned too...welcome back!
Zgred wrote:I saw this name (Snowy White) somewhere on this forum... what was that about?
Chris did a song with Snowy White called Highway To The Sun and it is on an album called Chris Rea and Friends.On these songs Chris does mainly backing music and not much vocals.There is about 15 to 20 songs with Chris playing some small part on them with various other singers.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Snowy White is a guitar player who had a big hit with the song "Bird of Paradise " , who then went on to play with "Thin Lizzy " , and funnily enough Max Middleton also played with Gary Moore ,who was in .......(Now hum the tune of THe Twilight Zone :shock: :shock: ) ............Thin Lizzy ......spooky or what ???
This is the wonderful instrumental Max wrote with G. Moore ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-TgDjcBL0
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I like Gary Moore and I grew up listening to Thin Lizzy in Dublin.My older brother and sister loved them which I think most of Dublin did.One song I really like by them was Still In Love With You,old by todays standards but still a good song.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Tina3 wrote:I like Gary Moore and I grew up listening to Thin Lizzy in Dublin.My older brother and sister loved them which I think most of Dublin did.One song I really like by them was Still In Love With You,old by todays standards but still a good song.
Still In Love With You .....what a song :D .....saw them in 1972 , when they were a 3 piece blues/rock band ... :) :) epic
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,
An interesting topic, indeed.
Thin Lizzy, you say? How about "Whiskey in the Jar?"
Well, for sure Thin Lizzy remains one of many great and important Irish bands! A true Rock Legend.
Buy-the-way, whatever happened to the Energy Orchard, with Bap Kennedy as leading vocalist?
I read that he went to the US to try to pursue his individual career and that he teamed-up with Steve Earl.
There is something special about Irish bands regardless whether they are from the Republic of Ireland or from the Northern Ireland (like the Energy Orchard from Belfast.)
Chris Rea wrote a lot of Irish tunes. They come out perfect when he mixes them with some Italian flavor or a Gypsy tune....

Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I would have been too young to go see them live but I saw and heard enough of them at home.I remember Phil Lynott was very popular at that time.Being of mixed race he was very unusual as Ireland at that time didn't have many non Irish people.His mother was interviewed many times on National T.V as to what it was like bring up a child who was not white.
Whiskey In The Jar is still sung today.Another great song.
Chris wrote:There is something special about Irish bands regardless whether they are from the Republic of Ireland or from the Northern Ireland (like the Energy Orchard from Belfast.)
I have heard this said many times Chris but I don't think they are any better than counterparts from around the world.I don't know Energy Orchard from Belfast.
Chris wrote:Chris Rea wrote a lot of Irish tunes. They come out perfect when he mixes them with some Italian flavor or a Gypsy tune....
I have to say I LOVE the way Chris writes plays some of his Irish tunes but some of them relate too much to Drink for my liking which is not wrong as that what this country is like but we don't always want to hear the truth.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi, :D

I may be a bit out of place here but my fave Irish bands are U2 and The Cranberries,
not too familiar with Thin Lizzy... :shock:

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Lily.
The Cranberries are good but I don't like U2 but they are Irish so your not too out of place.If you would like to hear some of Thin Lizzy they have plenty on Youtube namely the 2 mentioned here by Chris and Alan.Have fun
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Thanks all 4 info on Snowy. The "Bird of Paradise" is a nice song indeed, knew that tune but not recognized the artist.

So we (you) moved towards Irish region, I see :)

Gary Moore - O.K. Great guitarist. I remember something about Thin Lizzy being hard rock or metal, not sure. Tina you into some heavier sound? :) Cranberries, sorry, they seem too much pop-py and sweet for me, but still a good classy chill-out.
And U2 is the real deal! Still I remember not-that-short period of being literally haunted by the Pop (hehe) album and these powerful tracks, including incredible "Please". And disturbing intro of "Discothèque". And...okay, enough. I'm not so big fan of the group, but this record has no weak points for me. Anyone care to agree? ;)

I must confess that I have a weak spot for Irish and Celtic (traditional, is it?) tunes. However, Chris' interpretation of this as stated in Celtic CD of Blue Guitars, I don't really find overwhelming... got the same feeling as Tina - too much alcohol :D Heh, who knows, there are some chances I will be living and working in the Ireland in not very long time... (hey, much closer to the UK, how bad that can be?)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Zgred,
Zgred wrote:Tina you into some heavier sound? Cranberries, sorry, they seem too much pop-py and sweet for me, but still a good classy chill-out.
I love Blues when I am not listening to Chris.which is very seldom.The heavier the blues the better.The Cranberries are O.K but I don't like U2 at all.I know what kind of Irish person am I that I don't like U2...I don.t know but I do not like them one bit and I am not into pop either.
Tina3 wrote:I must confess that I have a weak spot for Irish and Celtic (traditional, is it?) tunes. However, Chris' interpretation of this as stated in Celtic CD of Blue Guitars, I don't really find overwhelming... got the same feeling as Tina - too much alcohol Heh, who knows, there are some chances I will be living and working in the Ireland in not very long time...
One of my favourites from Blue Guitars and I agree totally with what you say.
Do you think you will be moving to Ireland soon??.We have one of the largest Polish communities here outside of Poland so you will be among friends.If you need help with anything feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.It's very close to England so you have an excellent chance to see Chris live the next time he tours.Just remember when you get here it's just like what Chris says nearly all social activities revolve around drink.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

Tina3 wrote:I don't like U2 at all.I know what kind of Irish person am I that I don't like U2...I don.t know but I do not like them one bit and I am not into pop either.
No problem. I consider them as a great band, making good lyrics and stuff, like some of their songs very much, but that's just it. Hovewer being Irish, you might not want to say it in public often ;)
Tina3 wrote:Do you think you will be moving to Ireland soon??
Aye. The idea crossed my mind long ago, but now I can say that I am working on it seriously. You know, just being fed up with all this crap here...
Tina3 wrote:If you need help with anything feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.
Thank you, indeed I may ask, as the friendly first-hand information is the best one can get. I'll try not to pour the rain of questions on you :D
Tina3 wrote:It's very close to England so you have an excellent chance to see Chris live the next time he tours.
If I said that it's not important, I'd lie. Seriously. Um, I consider also moving to UK, but for some unclear reason it doesn't appeal to me as much.

Gotta get used to Guinness-es after work :D
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

And about the Max Middleton:

check this:
http://www.maxmiddleton.com/
http://www.rl-2.com/

Apparently the guy recorded his first solo album.
But look at some names of his team: Ditcham, Ahwai, Marc.