The man The voice The guitar

Miraval Estate in south of France

Stop the presses
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Miraval Estate in south of France

Post by Chris »

Could it be possible, perhaps, that this is the same estate Chris Rea's recorded several of his albums?

this here's, from Yahoo summer gossip....

PARIS - Angelina Jolie

Jolie has said the babies are due in August. She and partner Brad Pitt have four children: Maddox, 6; Pax, 4; Zahara, 3; and Shiloh, 2.

The Brangelina clan has been settling into a new home in the south of France. They recently moved into the Miraval Estate villa in the French hamlet of Correns, in the Provence region.

Best regards to all,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Miraval Estate in south of France

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris, :D

Is that the Miraval Villa featured on the BG documentary dvd...?

Lily
PAB
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by PAB »

Hi,

Yes, it's the one. But Miraval is a 300 ha "Domaine" and I don't know if the couple PittJolie bought the grass, the trees and the sky around. Maybe the studio will continue. Actually, no news on the site http://www.studiomiraval.com/.
Sol Mil sold.
Miraval sold.

Bouh ouh ouh :( :(
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,

Let's clear something up. Maybe I'm wrong but are we talking about Chris' personal estate in Provance or something else??
Because there's this local TV report back from this March:
http://www.rtlklub.hu/videotar/?vkatid= ... dasid=4255

I know you don't understand any of it (it's worth to watch, however, because of the clips). So Chris talks here on his F1 Hungaroring visits; on his illness; on the misunderstandings of the Farewell tour; on the ROTFHB and Hofner guitars and his newest upcoming project... and on his estate and studio in France that he found through Sade, and it was cheap, calm and quiet so he found a home in it.

So, as Pab pointed it well; and as far as I know this is a large area with several lots, one of them might belong to Chris while another one to the children-manifacturing couple mentioned above.

E.g. in my country there's an area in the west called Csaford Estate; a huge area with hills and forests: from this tree to that it belongs to one of my friends, there's someone else opposite, a mile up the hill there's a clearing and its right side is owned by another friend while the left side by somebody else. Though the whole area's called Csaford Estate.

Hell, I think one of us should call Chris right now to clear it up... where the hell I've put his number? :D

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Post by Jutta »

chrismiller wrote:

I know you don't understand any of it (it's worth to watch, however, because of the clips). So Chris talks here on his F1 Hungaroring visits; on his illness; on the misunderstandings of the Farewell tour; on the ROTFHB and Hofner guitars and his newest upcoming project... and on his estate and studio in France that he found through Sade, and it was cheap, calm and quiet so he found a home in it.

Chris
Hi Chris!
Can you please tell us what is meant by misunderstandings of the Farewell tour?
Thanks!
Jutta
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,

For years I was under the impression Chris Rea only rented several times the "Miraval" estate (just like Jolie and Pitt for two years) for the duration of five (or was it six?) recording sessions. The information from Chris Miller changes somehow my perspective. But still, it would have been quite normal for CR and his family to purchase something there since they needed a place to live. Especially after they got rid of the Sol Mills Studio together with the house.
The "misunderstandings" about the Farewell Tour - in my opinion - centered around the speculation whether Chris would perform ever again. That was the explanation given by him in one of the interviews on our TV. He pointed out he wanted to assure everyone that he only began "a new chapter in my life." A chapter without CR in the front, in center stage, but rather as a member of a group.
I think the word "farewell" should have not been used to describe that tour in the first place. So, in a sense: the misunderstanding was caused not intentionally either by Chris himself or by his management....
Regards to all,
Chris
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey,

Jutta, your question's been almost perfectly answered by my namesake above. :)
So that's what CR says in the interview:
Naming that last tour Farewell wasn't accidental. What I once vow that will be so. I told there would never be a usual Chris Rea performance again since we've been doing that for fifteen years. So I warned you all next time there wouldn't only be Josephine, On the Beach and Road to Hell but some new materials.
Plus, once I translated a local interview given in Budapest this March where CR said:
You’re touring again. Previously you wanted to retire but you changed your mind. Why?
I didn’t changed my mind, I did not want to retire. There were mis-translations caused by linguistical differences. I have said we wouldn’t organise that typical Chris Rea tour again we did before. I like to have something else, something calmer because of my health problems. But I wanted no retiring.
So, that's it. Hope it helped. :)
Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.