The man The voice The guitar

The Josephines

All topics concerning Chris' discography
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: The Josephines

Post by lilybee »

imagemkr wrote:Thanks, Lily. Great video. I've added that to my Josephine collection. My favorite version, so far, is from the God's Great Banana Skin Tour Bootleg CD. This one is very similiar to that.

Thanks again for all your videos. We really appreciate them. :D :D :D

Thom
Thanks, Thom! :D :D

About the videos, my pleasure! You have no idea how much I've learn these past few weeks about video and sound tracks! I truly enjoy tackling all that software.

About this Josephine, one of my favorite versions, the sad guitar gets me every time!

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

chrismiller wrote:
lilybee wrote: So, this means Chris Rea.... Крисе Ри ....in Russian.
I'd say Russians feel this way correct though it's pronounced 'Chrees-eh Ree'.
The form Крис Риа would be better (Chrees Ree-ah). Actually Крис Рeа is written on the T-shirt (pronounced Reh-ah).
lilybee wrote: I think I want to learn Russian now....fascinating language, or should I say Cyrillic?
Well, to learn the language you'll have to learn Cyrillic first :D (name of the alphabet)
By the way that's a good site with great pix on it, I've discovered before.
If you had lived in Hungary you'd have been perfect in Russian... it's been an obligatory subject for 35 years. I fortunately am much younger so my generation was already free from it. Don't get me wrong, we only have a kinda 'interesting' relationship with the Russians.
Anyway, I picked up a bit of it from my parents. And here's the alphabet if you want to begin practising :D :
http://www.rususa.com/dictionary/alphabet.asp

Chris
Thanks for the alphabet Chris! I will learn something before the day is over! :D

I noticed how much Chris Rea loved the Russians, on TRTHAB, and how disappointed he was about their "Americanization" looking at Red Square from his hotel window.

He also talked about the acoustics on the Kremlin Palace, how "you can't even hear a buzz to know whether your amp is on". This particular video of Josephine (the whole concert really!) was taped very muffled, if you ask me, and the guitars amps should have been much louder!!

I'm extracting the video and sound from these songs, to see if I can bring the guitars solos "to the front" with the equalizer, if it works, then I'll post the videos again, :D

Lily
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi All, :D

Here's yet another version of Josie.... :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obWmTuQ--VY

Lily
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Hi Lily -

This is very similar to the one on the bootleg live "Great Banana Skin Tour" which was made in 1993. What era was this video. It seems he changes the style of the song periodically. Thanks for another great video! :D

Cheers, Thom
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Thanks Lily,
Yet another version of this song.Chris look well in this one.Any idea what year this one is from.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Ok, I fixed the info on Josie, it was taped in Milan, Italy, 1994. :D

See the "Added" date to the right side of the video, right under my pix, and click on "more info"

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

lilybee wrote:Ok, I fixed the info on Josie, it was taped in Milan, Italy, 1994. :D

See the "Added" date to the right side of the video, right under my pix, and click on "more info"

Lily

Thank you Lily for this wonderful version of "Josephine."
Best regards to you,
Chris
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Yep, that put's in the same era. Thanks, Thom
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris/Thom,
Haven't seen either of you 2 in a while.Hope you are keeping well.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Hi, Tina.

I've been very busy lately. Just peaked in to see what was going on, say "Hi," and grab another Josie. :lol: :lol:

Hopefully will be able to partake more soon.

Trust you are well also.

Thom
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Lily , well done again , never seen that one before : :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

imagemkr wrote:
imagemkr wrote:Trust you are well also
Hi Thom! yes I am well thanks for asking
Tina :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Chris/Thom,
Haven't seen either of you 2 in a while.Hope you are keeping well.
----------------------

Hi Tina,

I'm just great, thank you, and I hope you're doing fine as well. I'm glad that you still remember me. I've visited here daily although have been busy otherwise; traveling and taking care of other things. It's amazing CR's fans have such broad knowledge about him. I'd like to take this opportunity to congratulate Lily for her efforts to place as much information about The Man as possible. On this site, the chrisrea.com page and on Youtube. I really appreciate all the information I can read here and meet - in cyberspace - other fellow CR's followers.
On the other thread here, Lily has placed one of Chris' first tour information. I read there that while he was in 1978 in Stettin (in Poland) vodka was available for 40p a bottle! It was true at that time, I have to say, as anything else was rather hard to find, including his music. I wish I could find more information on his musical activities then. All I know for sure is: he was there and played several gigs. The whole of Stettin was placated over with his colorful, shiny posters. The memory of CR's first visit to my country is fading away pretty quickly. I could not find any more information locally. That's why I appreciate even more what Lily does.
Take care,
Chris
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for your kind words Chris, I know you're behind the scenes often
and I'm glad you enjoy it, :D

Lily
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
I'm glad you are well. I doubt anyone here would forget a fellow fan like yourself.I think its nice to keep in touch every now and then.I do agree with what you say...Lily does a fanastic job and I would expect (hope) that as she finds the information about Chris she will keep posting.Lily is like the rest of us here and I would be srprised if she stopped.We are lucky to know her.
I can't imagine vodka 40p a bottle goes to show how times have changed.It is getting difficult to find information on Chris's early musicial career.At the moment I am trying to find out the exact date of his first concert in Dublin as I think I have found the tickets stubs from then but they don't have a year on them so I don't want to get my hopes up.1982 feels right but I still would like some other information to back it up.I can find information on his tour from 1983 as it was his Watersign tour so there is information on that one but not much on the one I am looking for.Well I will keep looking.Chris take care and lovely to talk to you