Post by ace of hearts »

You will have soon Lily :D
could this be true, could this be me..
chrisrea101
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Chris Rea on Sky April 17th 2008

Post by chrisrea101 »

Great Interview, just watched it, I had it saved for me back home. Enjoyed seeing chris playing his hofner violin base on fool. Legacy blues was great too! 3 more books on the way! what does everyone think they'll be about? Chris hinted in other recent interview about blues & fashion/ dance- interesting direction! plus the delmonts follow up " delmonts go Italia".

Plus I liked the laid basic, basic style of the songs he played, could that have been what the fireflies would have been like??
Jump a train from Chicago
Trace it back
with the neck of a bottle
and the groove of the tracks
oh mississippi...running through my veins
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi everyone,
I think we might yet see The Fireflies.I think with Chris you can never tell.Since he mentioned the Fireflies I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we hear of them sometime in the future.When was his first Hofner Blue Notes realeased.Back in 2003 I think it was and now he has them out again.With regard to the interview on Sky I thought I had it recorded but for some reason which I do not understand it will not play on a standard DVD player or Computer so I very disappointed to say the least.I did get to see it and I said it before the version of Legacy Blues was just fanastic.If it ever comes to TV again I will make sure that this time I will record it correctly.Anything more from The Delmonts would be great on another album or from Chris will be great too.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Thanks little couinie and Peter what great versions of these songs !
This gives me an ides for a new Ear book.
Chris and the guys (they could call themseleves The FireFlies) could have a intament set very much like the Sky set and sit around playing and discussing thier favorite songs.They do multiple DVD's and even CD's in almost acoustic style with the Ear book showing behind the scenes photos etc. His style just seems to fit so well in that sort of setting.
Sign me up i'll buy one.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Excellent version of those songs! Very down to earth and bluesy, like Chris wants them to be. :D

Lily
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

lilybee wrote:I'm not sure if someone else posted this already but here's another short bit from Sky, (but from April 1),

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 68,00.html

Click on the right to see the video ("Watch in video player page")

Lily B.
Another interesting little clip, thanks Lily
Kevin
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

So, how about that full version of this TV show?
Would really love to see it and something makes me think I ain´t the only one ;)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

Thanks for the postings of the Sky TV interview/video clips. Awesome!!!

Did anyone else notice that Chris appears to be wearing a 2nd ring on his finger in addition to his normal black stoned ring? It looks like a gold band. Although a gold band normally is a wedding ring I have never seen him wear one. And certainly not on the same finger as his other ring. I also noticed he looks very tired (or maybe it;s just me!). Any word on how his health is?

Waiting patiently for his next ear book.....
Jennifer
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Jennifer,
Strange you should bring that up.I noticed that too but I put it down to something I had missed before.Glad I am not the only one to notice it.it is a great show and I really enjoyed it.With regards to his health who knows? Same as yourself can't wait for the next ear book
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

jwanzong wrote: Did anyone else notice that Chris appears to be wearing a 2nd ring on his finger in addition to his normal black stoned ring? It looks like a gold band. Although a gold band normally is a wedding ring I have never seen him wear one. And certainly not on the same finger as his other ring.
Hey,
As far as I know that is his wedding ring. Check out the RTHAB DVD and you will see he wears it all the time, along with the black stoned one. He also wore that before; I got some pics from the 90's with the two rings on his ring finger.
Yours,
Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I have never noticed that before.I noticed the Black stone ring but never the wedding band assuming it is a wedding band.Imagine that in all the years I have watched him I have never noticed him with 2 rings on the one finger.
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Tina3 wrote:Imagine that in all the years I have watched him I have never noticed him with 2 rings on the one finger.
I think that's OK, Tina, as sometime he wears it and sometimes not. To be more precise I've searched thru my pics and noticed he might wear the wedding band in concerts and not in private.
E.g. on the album and promo photographs of The Blue Cafe and Stony Road the ring isn't on his finger but when you watch the Kremlin or the Montreaux concert, that is. Lately it seems he's worn it all the time.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

I will have to keep a closer eye on his pictures in future.I thought he didn't wear a gold band cause it interfered with him playing the slide on his guitars.