The man The voice The guitar

Sound on HBN CD's

marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Sound on HBN CD's

Post by marcolino »

Hello everybody, I've finally got my own copy of Chris's new work!!!

I found it in my mailbox no more than an hour ago, coming home from work. I'm currently listening the firts CD (The Delmonts - what a joy for my hears!!! :D ) on a portable CD player (my main Hi-Fi set is unavailable for a failure of the CD player itself) and I'm noticing that some tracks have a not uniform level of the sound volume: now and then, it lowers and raises again (not on all the tracks, an example is "BB was a Comanche"). Maybe this cheap CD player has some problems with black CD's... Or is my copy of HBN defective?

Anyone can help?

Greetings from Italy.
Marcolino
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Sound on HBN CD's

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Marcolino,
I am sorry it took so long to reply to your question.I have listened to R.O.T.H.B for some time now.I have listened to it in different formats for example on my computer, i Pod and vinyl and I have not noticed any change in the sound quality.It still sounds perfect no matter what way I listen to it.
Kind regards
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by marcolino »

Thanks Tina, CD's are played this way only on my portable player, any other player works fine!

Rea-gards
Marcolino
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

I don't know if in my case is the HBN or iTunes, but when I copied the songs to iTunes, then put a compilation of my faves on a CD, the volume is lower in my car cd player. Not so with the original CDs though, they play just fine.

Lily B.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

hi lily
you can adjust the settings on itunes to a higher recording volume as I had the same problem
---------Choose songs for burning
select all /right click /get info for multiple songs
adjust volume to 75%
perfect
alan
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thank you Alan! I didn't even know I could do that, will try it. :D

Lily B.
vmilazzo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by vmilazzo »

My sound on HBN's is fine on all formats i.e. Nutone intercom, Onkyo high fidelity stereo, I-pod and computer. Love the fact that he included 2 vinyl LP's even though I no longer own a turntable. Listening to Chris' music in the 1970's and early 1980's was on vinyl; therefore, you were forced to listen to the whole album in its entirety versus the skipping and playlists we now use. Just a different era!!!!