The man The voice The guitar

MY COPY OF THE NEW RELEASE

Tina3
Support
Support

MY COPY OF THE NEW RELEASE

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everybody
It's FINALLY here.I HAVE Return of The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes. :) :) :) :) My 1st impressions are that the earbook is fanastic.It has taken me back many years.It is beautifully layed out and to me is great value for the money I paid.I have just started to listen to the 1st CD,the book has caught my attention.It has to been seen to be believed.It is one thing looking at this on a computer the experience of having it in your hand and physically turning the pages is something completely different.To hold vinyl after all these years is strange to say the least. You will understand it when you get it.I am off now to take in this beautiful new album and see what the music is like.
kind regards
Tina :) :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: MY COPY OF THE NEW RELEASE

Post by Mr_Blues »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Everybody
It's FINALLY here.I HAVE Return of The Fabulous Hofner Bluenotes. :) :) :) :) My 1st impressions are that the earbook is fanastic.It has taken me back many years.It is beautifully layed out and to me is great value for the money I paid.I have just started to listen to the 1st CD,the book has caught my attention.It has to been seen to be believed.It is one thing looking at this on a computer the experience of having it in your hand and physically turning the pages is something completely different.To hold vinyl after all these years is strange to say the least. You will understand it when you get it.I am off now to take in this beautiful new album and see what the music is like.
kind regards
Tina :) :) :)
You lucky bastard, pardon my french ;)
Enjoy it, I will get my copy next week :)

Cheers

Mr. Blues
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

Hi!

Are the songs on the vinyl the same as the CD's or different?

Thanks!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hello to you,
I'm happy for you Tina. At least you could put your hands on the new album (and listen to it) at just about the European release time (Feb. 8, 2008.) I went to several stores in Warsaw and even phoned the distributor (Warner Music) to ask whether they will carry this album here. The answer was: "yes, but towards the end of the month!" The lady in charge of the rock department (who evidently overslept this title) finally told me that "if you want to you can but the box-set before or after the concert" (on February 20.) It's really strange that we're being asked to wait an extra week, or two, for the same album already available in Germany and the rest of Europe.
I've noticed that the Amazon prices quoted in different currencies are - more or less - the same for Europe (about 30,00 British Pounds or 50,00 Euro.) The US fans will be "punished" again with the "direct import" price of some $100,00!
Best regards,
Chris
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

Beware of amazon prices, you have to take into account shipping costs as well (at least in the Netherlands...). I calculated that ordering through amazon.de would cost me €10 more than ordering through amazon.co.uk...

Tina, where did you get your copy?
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

The US fans will be "punished" again with the "direct import" price of some $100,00!
Yes Chris, they beat us up bad, Amazon.uk has it listed at 29 British pounds, but with s/h it comes up to 89, (about $175!!)

Still, I'm getting it anyway, (faithful Rea fan that I am :D )

Lily
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

ronald wrote:Beware of amazon prices, you have to take into account shipping costs as well (at least in the Netherlands...). I calculated that ordering through amazon.de would cost me €10 more than ordering through amazon.co.uk...

Tina, where did you get your copy?
--------
Thank you for your advice Ronald. I've stopped buying via Amazon precisely because the shipping and handling costs went sky high! I don't quite understand why. We do have DHL, DPD (Deutscher Paketdienst), Federal Express, UPS and other carriers operating here in addition to the post office! The distance, after all, is not that big!
In addition, local customs will zap you with a hefty import duty if the price exceeds certain amount (I think $50,00 or 40,00 Euro.) So, one way or another, they're going to get you!
It's ridiculous for me to go to the customs each time I order a new CD or a DVD. I've made a mistake once of ordering three CDs at once, instead of one by one. I figured I could save on s/h costs but it turned out to be otherwise.
So, I guess I'll wait patiently for my copy to buy it at either "Media Markt", "Saturn" or at the table in the foyer of the Congress Hall (Sala Kongresowa) on February 20.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

rs4951 wrote:Hi!

Are the songs on the vinyl the same as the CD's or different?

Thanks!
Hi re4951,
The tracks on the 2 vinyls are The Delmonts.I don't know yet :) if they sound the same as the Cd's.Hopefully I will know over the weekend

lilybee wrote:Yes Chris, they beat us up bad, Amazon.uk has it listed at 29 British pounds, but with s/h it comes up to 89, (about $175!!)
Hi Lilybee,
That is some difference in price.I am going to check out what the postage from Ireland is to America just for comparison.

ronald wrote:Tina, where did you get your copy?
Hi Ronald.
I ordered my copy from H.M.V which is my local music store.To be honest I was amazed they took my order in the 1st place as they don't get Chris's new music straight away as he is not on the popular list so to speak.I was told the date I should get it is Friday 8 February but I got a call yesterday to say it was in.I paid 49.99 Euro to be exact :) :)

Chris wrote:Hello to you,
I'm happy for you Tina. At least you could put your hands on the new album (and listen to it) at just about the European release time (Feb. 8, 2008.) I went to several stores in Warsaw and even phoned the distributor (Warner Music) to ask whether they will carry this album here. The answer was: "yes, but towards the end of the month!" The lady in charge of the rock department (who evidently overslept this title) finally told me that "if you want to you can but the box-set before or after the concert" (on February 20.) It's really strange that we're being asked to wait an extra week, or two, for the same album already available in Germany and the rest of Europe.
I've noticed that the Amazon prices quoted in different currencies are - more or less - the same for Europe (about 30,00 British Pounds or 50,00 Euro.) The US fans will be "punished" again with the "direct import" price of some $100,00!

Chris
Hi Chris,
Thanks Chris,I HATE when this happens.I have seen this happen so many times over the years trying to get my hands on various albums only to be told different excuses.Thats why this time I asked different shops well in advance and this time it payed of.I also find it strange that they did not stock at least one copy seeing that Chris is due to preform there later this month.What will you do to get your copy? Will you get it at the concert later this month.It will be interesting to see how much it will cost you.
Kind regards to one and all
Tina :D :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Mr_Blues wrote:You lucky bastard, pardon my french ;)
Enjoy it, I will get my copy next week :)

Cheers

Mr. Blues
Hi Mr Blues,
Tina :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Chris,
Thanks Chris,I HATE when this happens.I have seen this happen so many times over the years trying to get my hands on various albums only to be told different excuses.Thats why this time I asked different shops well in advance and this time it payed of.I also find it strange that they did not stock at least one copy seeing that Chris is due to preform there later this month.What will you do to get your copy? Will you get it at the concert later this month.It will be interesting to see how much it will cost you.
Kind regards to one and all

-----------

Hi Tina,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm bitter (a little) because on several occasions, in the past years, I was able to buy Chris' CDs locally even before the official release date! For instance, on their delivery date on Thursday instead of on Monday's release date.
This time around people in charge of the distribution department, evidently slept on the job!
I'll get it from a store or at the concert (in the foyer) at the Congress Hall on Feb. 20.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris wrote:Hi Tina,
Thank you for your kind words. I'm bitter (a little) because on several occasions, in the past years, I was able to buy Chris' CDs locally even before the official release date! For instance, on their delivery date on Thursday instead of on Monday's release date.
This time around people in charge of the distribution department, evidently slept on the job!
I'll get it from a store or at the concert (in the foyer) at the Congress Hall on Feb. 20.

Hi Chris,
I am not surprised that you are bitter.I find that nowadays shops are not interested in any kind of music other than the type that will sell fast and sell well.They do not want albums that are going to take up more than a few centimeters of space on a shelf.I think thats why Chris's latest projects are been ignored.At least if you buy it at the concert you will have a excellent keepsake.I have asked myself many times is it worth supporting these shops but then trying to get it from other sources can be time consuming and expensive.
Kind regards
Tina :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Tina3 wrote:That is some difference in price.I am going to check out what the postage from Ireland is to America just for comparison.
Hi Lilybee,
I checked the cost of the postage and using your details from here postage would cost 17 Euro so that is a BIG difference.So roughly an all in price would be 80-90 Euro allowing for exchange rates etc.Take care
Tina :)
Müfo
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by Müfo »

Hi everybody,
since today amazon.de price: only 38,97 Euros. I think everybody who ordered it for the higher price before and didn`t get the copy yet, will pay the lower price?!
Reagards
Jan
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

for fans in the Netherlands you can buy it at bol.com for 47,99 €. Proxis delivers for 51,39 €. Bol wants 1,95 € for delivery; proxis above 25€ nothing.
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

I think everybody who ordered it for the higher price before and didn`t get the copy yet, will pay the lower price?!
I hope so. I have ordered on Monday. And 5 min ago i got the information that my copy is on the run. Hope for tomorrow....