The man The voice The guitar

hi

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
pete santini
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

hi

Post by pete santini »

newbie here, played bit of Wired To The Moon, from 'I Dont Know What It Is', onwards, played cd 1 of the boxaet as well havent got into it really yet for some reason :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: hi

Post by Tina3 »

pete santini wrote:newbie here, played bit of Wired To The Moon, from 'I Dont Know What It Is', onwards, played cd 1 of the boxaet as well havent got into it really yet for some reason :)
Hello Pete,I think you need to give it more time, a LOT more time.Wired To The Moon is C.R's former type of music were as the boxset CD1 is his new style, which is blues. I would suggest play either type which ever takes your mood but not together.It's just my opinion but I think they are too different to be played together.It took me a long time to get use to the change in styles but now I listen to both types.To be honest the blues style is the style I prefere best.It suits C.R's voice better.
Tina3 :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

I would give a much better idea LISTEN TO IT ALL :D lol
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

pete santini wrote:newbie here, played bit of Wired To The Moon, from 'I Dont Know What It Is', onwards, played cd 1 of the boxaet as well havent got into it really yet for some reason :)
You gotta give more time for that box. It doesn´t open for you that fast if you don´t know blues music beforehand. For me this blues style is much better than the old Chris Rea, which I loved too, but not this much :)

Hope you get this box someday, keep on trying :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Mr_Blues wrote:
You gotta give more time for that box. It doesn´t open for you that fast if you don´t know blues music beforehand. For me this blues style is much better than the old Chris Rea, which I loved too, but not this much :)

Hope you get this box someday, keep on trying :)
Hi Mr Blues,
I'm glad you said that.I was beginning to think I was the only 1 who found Blue Guitars heavy going.The more I listen to it the more I like it and it does suit C.R's voice so much more.
Tina3
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Mr Blues,
I'm glad you said that.I was beginning to think I was the only 1 who found Blue Guitars heavy going.The more I listen to it the more I like it and it does suit C.R's voice so much more.
Tina3
No problem Tina3 :) I´m sure there is plenty of people like us out there. They just have to find this post and use some time to tell their opinion :)
This blues style suits better to Chris´s voice and slide guitar style, no doubt about that. Still haven´t bought that new live-cd. So far I have seen only that one cd version and I won´t never ever buy that one. Why to bother buying that if there´s one with other cd and more tracks available too??? Will buy dvd too soon as it gets to released here in Finland.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Mr_Blues wrote:
Tina3
No problem Tina3 :) I´m sure there is plenty of people like us out there. They just have to find this post and use some time to tell their opinion :)
This blues style suits better to Chris´s voice and slide guitar style, no doubt about that. Still haven´t bought that new live-cd. So far I have seen only that one cd version and I won´t never ever buy that one. Why to bother buying that if there´s one with other cd and more tracks available too??? Will buy dvd too soon as it gets to released here in Finland.
Hi Mr Blues,
There is no point in buying the single CD, the 2 disc edition is the only 1 to have.I still haven't got the DVD myself as the realise date, which was meant to be today has been put back.I hate when that happens.I have been looking forward to getting the DVD cause of what I read what other fans have said about it and because of the CD.I will just have to wait like yourself and see will it be realised this week.I hope so but I'm not getting my hopes up.Since Chris changed his type of music to blues I don't listen to the old style that much.I wonder how other songs from years ago would sound if Chris sung them in Blues format. I wonder does Chris have any plans to realise other old songs in blues.Well lets wait and see.I think it would make for a great CD if he did. :)
Tina
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

There is no point in buying the single CD, the 2 disc edition is the only 1 to have.I still haven't got the DVD myself as the realise date, which was meant to be today has been put back.I hate when that happens.I have been looking forward to getting the DVD cause of what I read what other fans have said about it and because of the CD.I will just have to wait like yourself and see will it be realised this week.I hope so but I'm not getting my hopes up.Since Chris changed his type of music to blues I don't listen to the old style that much.I wonder how other songs from years ago would sound if Chris sung them in Blues format. I wonder does Chris have any plans to realise other old songs in blues.Well lets wait and see.I think it would make for a great CD if he did. :) Tina
Yes, I´ve seen this same thing happening so many times. The actual release date for Chris Rea music is not the same which has promised.
And this has started since he changed his music style. That is like discrimination from the record companies and music stores. All the "not so good" music is instead released on that very day as it´s promised. And with this I mean all that junk that is played on hit single charts etc....

I listen the old Chris Rea music every once in awhile, but not so much as his Blue Guitars box. And even more than that I listen old good blues stuff from the masters of the blues, like B.B. King, John Lee Hooker, Buddy Guy, etc......

I think Chris has lost his interest for those old hit singles for good. I don´t think that we are gonna get album of blues versions from them. We are lucky enough that we got that live cd which has few blues versions from the old hits. And I have to say that I liked those when I heard them on live last spring :)

It´s good to be talking with you Tina :)

Mr.Blues
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

pete santini wrote:newbie here
Hello Pete and welcome to the forum !!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)