Chris on Bob Harris show

Stop the presses ... ;-)
Tina3
Support
Support
Posts: 687
Joined: 14 May 2006, 15:32

Post by Tina3 »

Jutta wrote:
Tina3 wrote:
Jutta wrote:Hello everybody,

I also found the concert on the show great. But I ´m having trouble understanding his Middlesbrough accent from time to time. The audience laughed a lot :lol: :D :P , but sometimes I don´t know why. Can somebody tell me a few of his jokes he was making?
Thanks a lot!

Yours Jutta
Hi Jutta,Nice to talk to you.I don't have the DVD yet( :( )but when I do get it I will try then. Tina :)
Hello Tina,
nice to talk to you too, but I meant the Bob Harris-show, not the DVD. I also have to wait for the DVD. In Germany we even got the CD only last Friday ... very late :cry: .
Hi Jutta,It's nice to know some of us are still waiting.On the Bob Harris show I think Chris was saying that when Fool... was realised it was number 1 in America and he was in England still broke and having nothing for his efforts.He also said he didn't like Fool as it was sung back thenHe said he is not stubborn any more...he uses the door knob to open the door insted of trying to knock the door down. Sadie was a well known singer in the 80's and Chris's drummer use to work for her and Chris is joking how he would like people to think he took him from Sadie but in reality he was sacked.
When he was going down for his operation he asked the doctors for special drugs so all he would see was BLUE.As he was going under for the operation all he seen was a line of Blue guitars and the white door. I THINK but I'm not certin that if you go through that white door you die and he was glad he woke up before he got too close to it.Chris made a remark of how the German audiences look for their money back if certain songs are not sung by knocking on the stage door.. The last one was about his wife who suddenly gets taken ill if he trys to discuss with her about guitar tuning and guitar notes.
Jutta I haven't made a very good job of this but I hope you get the idea.I hope we talk again soon
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.

Tina3
Support
Support
Posts: 687
Joined: 14 May 2006, 15:32

Post by Tina3 »

Tina3 wrote:
Jutta wrote:
Tina3 wrote: Hi Jutta,Nice to talk to you.I don't have the DVD yet( :( )but when I do get it I will try then. Tina :)
Hello Tina,
nice to talk to you too, but I meant the Bob Harris-show, not the DVD. I also have to wait for the DVD. In Germany we even got the CD only last Friday ... very late :cry: .
Hi Jutta,It's nice to know some of us are still waiting.On the Bob Harris show I think Chris was saying that when Fool... was realised it was number 1 in America and he was in England still broke and having nothing for his efforts.He also said he didn't like Fool as it was sung back thenHe said he is not stubborn any more...he uses the door knob to open the door insted of trying to knock the door down. Sadie was a well known singer in the 80's and Chris's drummer use to work for her and Chris is joking how he would like people to think he took him from Sadie but in reality he was sacked.
When he was going down for his operation he asked the doctors for special drugs so all he would see was BLUE.As he was going under for the operation all he seen was a line of Blue guitars and the white door. I THINK but I'm not certin that if you go through that white door you die and he was glad he woke up before he got too close to it.Chris made a remark of how the German audiences look for their money back if certain songs are not sung by knocking on the stage door.. The last one was about his wife who suddenly gets taken ill if he trys to discuss with her about guitar tuning and guitar notes.
Jutta I haven't made a very good job of this but I hope you get the idea.I hope we talk again soon
Tina :) :)
Hi Jutta Sorry I meant to ask you last night what do you think of the Live CD?.
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.

Jutta
Translator
Translator
Posts: 132
Joined: 12 Feb 2006, 14:20
Location: Germany

Post by Jutta »

Hello Tina,

[quote="Tina3
Hi Jutta Sorry I meant to ask you last night what do you think of the Live CD?.
Tina :)[/quote]


Oh, it´s great! My favourites are “Where the Blues come from” and “KKK”. In my opinion it could have been a pure “Blue-Guitar-Tour” and I wish there were live-versions of so many other songs from Blue-Guitar. But I must admit, that the live-versions of the older songs are also well done. I used to be curious about what he always meant by saying, that all his hits were originally meant to be blues-songs. Now I ´ve got an insight of it.

Does anybody know why he played always the same songs every night on tour? Was he obliged to do that and wasn´t it boring to him and his band? :roll: He had such a wide range of songs …

As to the vinyl I only can say, that I trust in Chris fully. He has good taste. 8)
Jutta

Tina3
Support
Support
Posts: 687
Joined: 14 May 2006, 15:32

Post by Tina3 »

Jutta wrote:Hello Tina,

[quote="Tina3
Hi Jutta Sorry I meant to ask you last night what do you think of the Live CD?.
Tina :)

Oh, it´s great! My favourites are “Where the Blues come from” and “KKK”. In my opinion it could have been a pure “Blue-Guitar-Tour” and I wish there were live-versions of so many other songs from Blue-Guitar. But I must admit, that the live-versions of the older songs are also well done. I used to be curious about what he always meant by saying, that all his hits were originally meant to be blues-songs. Now I ´ve got an insight of it.

Does anybody know why he played always the same songs every night on tour? Was he obliged to do that and wasn´t it boring to him and his band? :roll: He had such a wide range of songs …

As to the vinyl I only can say, that I trust in Chris fully. He has good taste. 8)
Jutta[/quote]
hi Jutta, I love Were The Blues Come From a truely fantastic song.The old songs sound so much better too.I would imagine but I don't know would 1 song list for all shows be easier to remember and it would be consisent so all fans get the same package.I'd say the band and Chris himself would have at times found it boring.With regard to vinal I haven't been let down yet by what Chris has produced so I will wait and see.Chris does have very good taste.Hope to talk to you again soon
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.

Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
Posts: 38
Joined: 05 May 2006, 23:44

Post by Chris Wastell »

The mp3 of chris's section of the bob harris show is 50mb as an mp3. I have the recording on my pc. so anyone who wants it just let me know.

Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic
Posts: 620
Joined: 05 Dec 2005, 09:48
Location: Poland

Post by Chris »

Chris Wastell wrote:The mp3 of chris's section of the bob harris show is 50mb as an mp3. I have the recording on my pc. so anyone who wants it just let me know.
------
Hi Chris,
I would be interested. Could you send it to me as an attachement?
Thank you.
Chris

Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
Posts: 38
Joined: 05 May 2006, 23:44

Post by Chris Wastell »

Chris wrote:
Chris Wastell wrote:The mp3 of chris's section of the bob harris show is 50mb as an mp3. I have the recording on my pc. so anyone who wants it just let me know.
------
Hi Chris,
I would be interested. Could you send it to me as an attachement?
Thank you.
Chris
PM me your email addy and ill get it sorted

User avatar
blueskev
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 166
Joined: 16 Sep 2005, 21:35
Location: Kent England

Post by blueskev »

[/quote]

PM me your email addy and ill get it sorted[/quote]

Hi Chris,
I would like it too please but I get a message saying pm is disabled on this board. One for Bart I think.
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...

Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues
Posts: 38
Joined: 05 May 2006, 23:44

Post by Chris Wastell »

blueskev wrote:
PM me your email addy and ill get it sorted[/quote]

Hi Chris,
I would like it too please but I get a message saying pm is disabled on this board. One for Bart I think.
Kev.[/quote]

Just send an email to chris.wastell@gmail.com from the account you are wishing the file to be delivered to and I'll get it sorted for you then buddy.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest