The man The voice The guitar

Chris on Bob Harris show

Stop the presses
Tina3
Support
Support

Chris on Bob Harris show

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone, Did anyone listen to Bob Harris last night? Chris was excellent as usual.A really enjoyable hour he was on for.
Tina3 :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Chris on Bob Harris show

Post by Chris »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Everyone, Did anyone listen to Bob Harris last night? Chris was excellent as usual.A really enjoyable hour he was on for.
------

I couldn't stay up last night (it was already past midnight in Warsaw, because of the time difference) but I tuned in to the BBC today (on Sunday) and although the show was very good, I'm surprised that Chris insists on going ahead with his "three new projects" (the vinyl records only.) I can understand the general idea, but - I mean - how many of us, fans of CR, would be willing to pull out our turn tables again?
Take care Tina,
Chris
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

Mines still out!!! lol :D
Caper
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Caper »

OK, this is the first I've heard about Chris's plans to release his new music on vinyl only and the first question to pop into my mind is "Is he mad?". Personally I feel that this is a very shortsighted plan. While he may be feeling a bit of nostalgia for the days of vinyl it is a plan that is clearly impractical in the age of digital music. One person has already asked how many fans would be willing to pull out there old turn-tables, I have to ask how many of us still own one! I know I don't. I sincerly hope that between now and the time of release for these new "albums" that Chris will realize the folly of releasing his new music on vinyl only and may see his way to releasing them on both vinyl and CD.

Brian
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris wrote:
Tina3 wrote:Hi Everyone, Did anyone listen to Bob Harris last night? Chris was excellent as usual.A really enjoyable hour he was on for.
------

I couldn't stay up last night (it was already past midnight in Warsaw, because of the time difference) but I tuned in to the BBC today (on Sunday) and although the show was very good, I'm surprised that Chris insists on going ahead with his "three new projects" (the vinyl records only.) I can understand the general idea, but - I mean - how many of us, fans of CR, would be willing to pull out our turn tables again?
Take care Tina,
Chris
Hi Chris, You must have been reading my mind as I was thinking the same thing.But I was hoping that C.R might want to realise them along with the CD material.If it means pulling out our turn tables well I can root around in the attic.I know I have 1 somewere but I'm not sure I want to.The sound was terrable plus were would you get a stylis in this day and age.At times if I'm honest I find some of the ideas that C.R comes out with a little odd or strange.I mean bringing out vinal is 1 thing but BLUE vinal, I can hardly wait to see it.If nothing else we can educate the younger generation who have no idea what vinal is.DID YOU GET THE DVD YET? I haven't.
Take Care Chris
Tina :)
Last edited by Tina3 on 22 Oct 2006, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris Wastell wrote:Mines still out!!! lol :D
Hi Chris You still USE 1...well in that case you can send me on recordings of C.R's new material,it will save me looking for my 1.I hope yours sounded better than mine ever did.
Tina :D :D :D
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

trust me there is a massive marget for viynl still ... alot of new artists bring it out on this media for the djs and nostalgics alike...... a stylus would be easy to come by as are new turntables ... dont under estmiate the market

also personally i like viynl better than cd's but i collect CR's material on any media like mad so it doesnt matter how he releases i Ill get it. Also i claim to be one of the newest and youngest CR fans so less of the insults at the younger generation :P I started liking CR's material when i was 14!!! lol
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Caper wrote:OK, this is the first I've heard about Chris's plans to release his new music on vinyl only and the first question to pop into my mind is "Is he mad?". Personally I feel that this is a very shortsighted plan. While he may be feeling a bit of nostalgia for the days of vinyl it is a plan that is clearly impractical in the age of digital music. One person has already asked how many fans would be willing to pull out there old turn-tables, I have to ask how many of us still own one! I know I don't. I sincerly hope that between now and the time of release for these new "albums" that Chris will realize the folly of releasing his new music on vinyl only and may see his way to releasing them on both vinyl and CD.

Brian
Hi Brian, I wouldn't be at least bit surprised if C.R did just that.He (C.R) really wants his blues to sound like from way back in the 1950's.From the time when they came from.I find it strange too but I feel C.R. is a bit like that.I think he likes music especially HIS blues to sound etnic.We will have to wait and see
Tina :?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris Wastell wrote:trust me there is a massive marget for viynl still ... alot of new artists bring it out on this media for the djs and nostalgics alike...... a stylus would be easy to come by as are new turntables ... dont under estmiate the market

also personally i like viynl better than cd's but i collect CR's material on any media like mad so it doesnt matter how he releases i Ill get it. Also i claim to be one of the newest and youngest CR fans so less of the insults at the younger generation :P I started liking CR's material when i was 14!!! lol
Hi Chris Oops I hope I haven't insulted or offended you in any way.If I have I am very sorry.I well believe you that there is a market out there and I still have my old turn table.I just don't like the idea of using it again.But as you said yourself whatever way Chris realises his music like yourself I too would go out and get it vinal or otherwise.
Tina :D :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

[/quote]
Hi Chris, You must have been reading my mind as I was thinking the same thing.But I was hoping that C.R might want to realise them along with the CD material.If it means pulling out our turn tables well I can root around in the attic.I know I have 1 somewere but I'm not sure I want to.The sound was terrable plus were would you get a stylis in this day and age.At times if I'm honest I find some of the ideas that C.R comes out with a little odd or strange.I mean bringing out vinal is 1 thing but BLUE vinal, I can hardly wait to see it.If nothing else we can educate the younger generation who have no idea what vinal is.DID YOU GET THE DVD YET? I haven't.
Take Care Chris
Tina :)[/quote]

---------

Hi Tina,

I appreciate this discussion of ours on vinyl versus CD.
I still remember vinyl, all right. In fact I have two (2) Chris Rea's LPs, the "Whatever Happened to Benny Santini" and "Tennis." After all the CD was introduced to us only in late 1984! My first-ever CDs were: "On the Beach" and "Brothers in Arms." I purchased them alone with a portable CD "Technics" player which I hooked up to my Hi-Fi tower as an "auxiliary" device. The turn-table was sitting at the top of my Hi-Fi - idle - for a couple of years, collecting dust, until I disconnected it and put in the attic. But, yes, the vinyl format is still offered in all good record stores. At the counters where one can listen to new releases, there are always two, three turn-tables and I've seen may young people playing vinyl on them! So, I guess, I would have to pull out my turn-table in preparation for CR's "new vinyl-only material." I just hope that it will be released on CDs as well.
As far as stylus, the new turn-tables all have the industrial diamond "needles." I still remember when I was buying styluses (needles) in music stores for my father's "crank-up" turntable (gramophone.) I'm positive we'll not be asked to buy them again!

No Tina, the "Road to Hell and Back" 2DVD are not available yet aroud me place. I guess I would have to wait a little for it to be delivered to our stores.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris wrote:
Take Care Chris
Tina [/quote]

---------

Hi Tina,

I appreciate this discussion of ours on vinyl versus CD.
I still remember vinyl, all right. In fact I have two (2) Chris Rea's LPs, the "Whatever Happened to Benny Santini" and "Tennis." After all the CD was introduced to us only in late 1984! My first-ever CDs were: "On the Beach" and "Brothers in Arms." I purchased them alone with a portable CD "Technics" player which I hooked up to my Hi-Fi tower as an "auxiliary" device. The turn-table was sitting at the top of my Hi-Fi - idle - for a couple of years, collecting dust, until I disconnected it and put in the attic. But, yes, the vinyl format is still offered in all good record stores. At the counters where one can listen to new releases, there are always two, three turn-tables and I've seen may young people playing vinyl on them! So, I guess, I would have to pull out my turn-table in preparation for CR's "new vinyl-only material." I just hope that it will be released on CDs as well.
As far as stylus, the new turn-tables all have the industrial diamond "needles." I still remember when I was buying styluses (needles) in music stores for my father's "crank-up" turntable (gramophone.) I'm positive we'll not be asked to buy them again!

No Tina, the "Road to Hell and Back" 2DVD are not available yet aroud me place. I guess I would have to wait a little for it to be delivered to our stores.[/quote]
Hi Chris, This takes me back years.I remember going to buy stylus or needles as they were better known.I have C.R on vinal too strange enough.It is in a poor condition that at 1 stage I thought of putting it in the bin but I couldn't in the end so it sits upstairs collecting dust.I think like yourself I better start looking around the attic and get out the old turn table I have and sort it out.You are correct in what you say that vinal is still sought after.E Bay always has plenty of C.R. on vinal for sale.My brother still uses his along with the newer digital material and he has often said that he prefers vinal to other types.Most if not all my C.R material is on cassette which I now have updated by buying CD's.But I would prefer not to go back to vinal but if I have to I will.Vinal is such high maintance compared to CD's and they scratch and skip so easly.With CD's you burn them to your computer and that's that. Well here's looking forward to the 6 November or a few days sooner if I'm lucky like I was on the C.D.Benny Santini is 1 of my favourates but Tennis I'm not to bothered about.Maybe I will go back and listen to it again.
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

Tina3 wrote:
Chris Wastell wrote:trust me there is a massive marget for viynl still ... alot of new artists bring it out on this media for the djs and nostalgics alike...... a stylus would be easy to come by as are new turntables ... dont under estmiate the market

Hi Chris Oops I hope I haven't insulted or offended you in any way.If I have I am very sorry.I well believe you that there is a market out there and I still have my old turn table.I just don't like the idea of using it again.But as you said yourself whatever way Chris realises his music like yourself I too would go out and get it vinal or otherwise.
No offence taken!!!! so dont worry about that.

I have shelves full of viynl I love it :D Im am addict lol btw i have recordings of the bob harris show (the part with chris) if anyones intrested ill see if i can get them hosted for bart to link to ;)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Chris Wastell wrote:
Tina3 wrote:

Tina :D /quote]

No offence taken!!!! so dont worry about that.

I have shelves full of viynl I love it :D Im am addict lol btw i have recordings of the bob harris show (the part with chris) if anyones intrested ill see if i can get them hosted for bart to link to ;)
Hi Chris,I am glad I didn't offend you. :) I would love a recording of the show last Saturday.In fact I e mailed the BBC to see if I could buy it.The only vinal I have is in the attic but I do have 1 of C.R and I want to bin it but I can't.It is in a poor condition but I will hold onto it cause it might come back into fashion.If you LOVE vinal and C.R then E bay has LOADS of it for sale.At 1 stage they even had a RED vinal version of Benny Santini.
Tina :D :D :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

[/quote]
Hi Chris, This takes me back years.I remember going to buy stylus or needles as they were better known.I have C.R on vinal too strange enough.It is in a poor condition that at 1 stage I thought of putting it in the bin but I couldn't in the end so it sits upstairs collecting dust.I think like yourself I better start looking around the attic and get out the old turn table I have and sort it out.You are correct in what you say that vinal is still sought after.E Bay always has plenty of C.R. on vinal for sale.My brother still uses his along with the newer digital material and he has often said that he prefers vinal to other types.Most if not all my C.R material is on cassette which I now have updated by buying CD's.But I would prefer not to go back to vinal but if I have to I will.Vinal is such high maintance compared to CD's and they scratch and skip so easly.With CD's you burn them to your computer and that's that. Well here's looking forward to the 6 November or a few days sooner if I'm lucky like I was on the C.D.Benny Santini is 1 of my favourates but Tennis I'm not to bothered about.Maybe I will go back and listen to it again.
Tina :D :D[/quote]

------------
Hi Tina, once more,

One way, or another, as vinyl or CD, most of us on this forum (I think) will buy the new project by Chris Rea.
I phoned the Universal Music-Poland today (Monday) and they told me that the DVD is "being distributed."
It should be in stores "soon", at the end of this week, or early next week.
As far as "Whatever Happened with Benni Santini" (CR's stage name!), it was my first LP by him.
I bought it, eventually, on CD, as well. I hardly used any tapes at home. It was rather: I would buy the LP and then copy it for my car's radio (as a cassette.)
A friend of my told me that he "never abandoned vinyl" since it has, as he puts it, a "certain flavor to is", the "sound is much deeper as well as more authentic" (natural.) The CD, on the other hand, is -allegedly - "flat."

Take care,
Chris
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

[/quote]btw i have recordings of the bob harris show (the part with chris) if anyones intrested ill see if i can get them hosted for bart to link to ;)[/quote]

----------

Hi Chris,
I would appreciate it if you could post the BBC interview with Chris as well as the music from this particular show (from October 21.) Btw, I don't know if you've notices, but Bob Harris said towards the end of the show that "there are three more songs" and that they (the radio) will put them someplace on the site, in the next couple of weeks.
Best regards,
Chris