The man The voice The guitar

Favourite CD in blue guitars?

All topics concerning Chris' discography
mark hughes
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Favourite CD in blue guitars?

Post by mark hughes »

Just wondering if anyone has a favourite CD from the Blue Guitars album? yes...yes all of them I can hear you say! but if you had too at a push which one stands out the most? personally I Think the Celtic & Irish Blues although the Motown & Gospel Blues is a close second. :smt024
John

Post by John »

I Love Latin Blues

Post by Guest »

i'd pick latin blues too ...
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Favourite CD in blue guitars?

Post by Chris »

mark hughes wrote:Just wondering if anyone has a favourite CD from the Blue Guitars album? yes...yes all of them I can hear you say! but if you had too at a push which one stands out the most? personally I Think the Celtic & Irish Blues although the Motown & Gospel Blues is a close second. :smt024
Come to think of it, my favorite CD from the "Blue Guitars" would be the Texas Blues. I don't know why, but Chris returns in it to his nostalgic stories, about poverty, hard life in Mexico, immigrant's fate as well as a simple bar girl which are asking everyone to drink up what's left of their souls. This isn't just some song's lyrics but rather fine, refined poetry. All of his texts, past and present, have feelings, just like a true blues should have. And melodies are more romantic than ever. Some reminisces very much a Gypsy romance.
But then, I like the Irish and Celtic blues. That's where Chris' other half (his Irish part, aside from the Italian one) comes to play. The last drink is always for you (no matter what I do), is definitely dedicated to his Irish mother Winifred who died in September, 1983. And the last song, about the big white door is about the gates of heaven. Chris, after all, was almost there....yet he miraculously escaped from under the grave digger's shovel. Anyone who came close enough to dying knows what he is singing about.
Best regards to all of Chris Rea's fans,
Chris
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Favourite CD in blue guitars?

Post by Mr_Blues »

mark hughes wrote:Just wondering if anyone has a favourite CD from the Blue Guitars album? yes...yes all of them I can hear you say! but if you had too at a push which one stands out the most? personally I Think the Celtic & Irish Blues although the Motown & Gospel Blues is a close second. :smt024
My choice of the best album in Blue Guitars is one from these:

1. The Beginnings
4. Electric Memphis Blues
6. Chicago Blues
11. 60´s/70´s Blues

Too hard to pick just one :D
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
musicalride
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by musicalride »

I go for the first album 'The Beginnings'.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

Texas is my favourite with Memphis second. I couldn't get into Chicago, Chris said in an interview that he isn't a chicago blues man and found it difficult to make.