Retirement.

Stop the presses
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Retirement.

Post by It's All Gone »

Hi all.

With the stroke and stage collapse and with no new musical activity from Chris (nearly six years) and the recent sale of is catalogue to BMG leads me to wonder if that Chris has called it a day??

I wouldn't blame him if he has. It has been remarkable what he has given the last 20 years or so since his op. It will be sad but maybe after what happened in 2017 that was enough to run out of road live wise anyway.

I for one are incredibly grateful the amazing legacy he has given us.

What do you all think?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Retirement.

Post by Bart »

Yes, I guess you are right. For myself I tried to stop hoping for another live performance. I would be very gratefull for some news music released. Chris said once he writes (wrote?) "... a song a day" so that makes me wonder where all thos splendid tunes are. So I keep my fingers crossed for some new material sometime in the future or at least a release with loads of never heard before old songs.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by It's All Gone »

I hope your right Bart.

I'm guessing it could be to do record lable issues?

Hence why we haven't had any more archival releases since Era 1?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

I know Chris is an extreme perfectionist (is that the correct English word?) and he doesn't like his older music released when he is not 110% satisfied wih the result of the recording.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

I really expected more after Era 1.... and health issues would not, in my opinion, stop Rhino doing archival / catalogue releases...so I don’t know what happened.
One other thing is his biography... with new music and no news on that in so long, I do think his health must not be great.
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by It's All Gone »

Bart wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 22:34 I know Chris is an extreme perfectionist (is that the correct English word?) and he doesn't like his older music released when he is not 110% satisfied wih the result of the recording.

Yes perfectionist is very much the word !

Who knows???
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by It's All Gone »

rs4951 wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 19:43 I really expected more after Era 1.... and health issues would not, in my opinion, stop Rhino doing archival / catalogue releases...so I don’t know what happened.
One other thing is his biography... with new music and no news on that in so long, I do think his health must not be great.
I'm inclined to agree. I think as he has got older his health is harder to manage ?

It would be a perfect time to publish his autobiography . Chris has said if he had to give up music then it would be the the time. I would love to read it I personally think it will be an amazing read!
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by It's All Gone »

I had another thought .

Who is manages Chris now? John Knowles passed away last year?

It could explain why nothing new been released lately ?
rs4951
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by rs4951 »

Could be.... I would have thought that whatever deal with Rhino covered the 2019 and 2020 releases would have covered a whole campaign, including post 1991 material, but you may be right.