The man The voice The guitar

Hello :)

Let us know who you are, where your from, .... and what your connection with Chris Rea is !
It's All Gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Hello :)

Post by It's All Gone »

Hello.

Newbie here from UK here.

Massive CR fan for many years .

It's good to meet you all. :D
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: Hello :)

Post by Bart »

Hello,
Welcome to this site. Here a massive fan as well (since 1991). Regrettably it has been very quiet here lately. So if you have other Rea fans, invite them over ;-)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Jollypike

Post by Jollypike »

I’ve been a Chris Rea fan since at least Road to Hell, if not before - don’t quite remember that far back !

In fact, when I sold my first vinyl collection to get a deposit for a house I kept Road to Hell, amongst a dozen LP’s I really loved. And quite a few years later I started playing that copy of Road to Hell on a regular basis. And … I got the vinyl bug again! Thanks Chris!

That original Road to Hell vinyl has now had a good clean on my wet-n-vac cleaner and is currently spinning and sounds fabulous. I also added the purple vinyl edition too, along with LP copies of Auberge, and On The Beach .

Though I mostly buy modern albums on LP often much heavier than Chris Rea (had all the old classics once so trying the new stuff), the one album I would absolutely love on LP is Santo Spirito Blues from 2011 - it’s my second favourite Chris Rea album. It may never happen but I live in hope!
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello Jollypike,
Welcome to the site! The road is (one of) my favorite too. And Santo Spirito on LP would indeed be a dream but also Blue Guitars on LP...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)