The man The voice The guitar

'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Stop the presses
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Re: 'La Passione' 2 CD and 4 DVD earbook release 2015

Post by MRB »

About how Chris looks in the Jools Holland pictures, someone thinks he does not look well, I got another idea, maybe he ain´t in the mood for pictures and is pissed off :)
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

About how Chris looks in the Jools Holland pictures, someone thinks he does not look well, I got another idea, maybe he ain´t in the mood for pictures and is pissed off :)
My opinion, too.
It's the typical Chris Rea's "not really in the mood, keep it short" pose you can see even in the beginning of his solo career.
I mean, look at the "Whatever Happened To Benny Santini" cover!
Chris was already fed up with it. :lol:
Good thing is, when Chris gets pissed off, he gets even more determined to go his own way! 8)
hi it'sme
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by hi it'sme »

Hi to all,
people were wondering about the cover. It shows Wolfgang Berghe von Trips' racing helmet and goggles plus the Ferrari horse.
The heraldic shield on the helmet is the one of the racing drivers' association 'Scuderia Colonia' , which was founded on January 13th 1960 by Berghe von Trips. It still exists (connected with the German automobile club ADAC) and they do a memorial race every year. So let's understand the cover as an hommage to Graf Berge von Trips.
Best wishes
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

By the way has anyone found a list of content on the La Passione, which songs there is etc?

Recent Jools Holland radio program interview and music did only present old songs so I really begin to wonder will we even get new songs at all but only edited and mixed versions of old songs?
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

So, finally the song list. Content could almost fit on one cd. Wonder is the GTO same song as GTO Blues released few years ago as a live recording.

Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. Girl in a Sports Car
2. When the Grey Skies Turn to Blue
3. Only to Fly 1
4. Olive Oil
5. You Must Follow
6. Horses
7. Only to Fly 2

Disc: 2
1. La Passione (Theme)
2. Dov'e Il Signore?
3. Le Mans
4. La Passione (Piano)
5. Dov'e Il Signore? Part 2
6. GTO
7. Dino
8. Barn Find
9. Wolfgang
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi MRB,

thanks for posting this. I do not think GTO is the same as GTO Blues, I assume it is an instrumental piece.

The most intruguing tracks are Barn Find, La Passione (Piano) and Only to Fly 2 (I wonder if Chris did a "normal" version of this song, without heavy drum machines as featured on 1996 album and single versions).

Dino seems to be the same to La Passione (Reprise) from Girl in a Sports Car single (some early promo issues of this single had this track mentioned as Dino) and the track Wolfgang most likely is instrumental called Von Trips from Only to Fly single.

Notable is the absence of the duets with Dame Shirley Bassey, which were the highlights of the original La Passione.

And I do agree that 16 tracks (obviously not too long) is too little to put on 2 separate CDs.

Thanks again and best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

First of all, tracks with Shirley Bassey, maybe there is some record company legal issues and that is why those are not included this time.

GTO Blues indeed would be strange fit in this collection of songs, but let´s see what it is.

Yes, Only to Fly 2 should be without heavy use of drum machines, song would be good one with real drums.

All in all, I really would be ready for a album with all original and new songs. Maybe after La Passione....

andrew fischer wrote:Hi MRB,

thanks for posting this. I do not think GTO is the same as GTO Blues, I assume it is an instrumental piece.

The most intruguing tracks are Barn Find, La Passione (Piano) and Only to Fly 2 (I wonder if Chris did a "normal" version of this song, without heavy drum machines as featured on 1996 album and single versions).

Dino seems to be the same to La Passione (Reprise) from Girl in a Sports Car single (some early promo issues of this single had this track mentioned as Dino) and the track Wolfgang most likely is instrumental called Von Trips from Only to Fly single.

Notable is the absence of the duets with Dame Shirley Bassey, which were the highlights of the original La Passione.

And I do agree that 16 tracks (obviously not too long) is too little to put on 2 separate CDs.

Thanks again and best regards
Andrey
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Hi All,

You can ask Chris questions through Twitter, help, it gets weird...
Nobody does though since his presence wasn't that huge the last years (or ever).

See link for those interested!

https://twitter.com/chrisreamusic/statu ... 8275454976

Anneke
You're never to old to dance!
gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by gjvg »

Only for sale in UK at Amazon ?? Can't find an announcement anywhere in in The Netherlands :(
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

No, only Amazone.co.uk ! It's easy to order it through Amazon though.
Anneke
You're never to old to dance!
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Well not long to go now. I do hope I'm impressed with this package. I'm not seeing much new according to the Amazon listing, but that can be misleading. Chris wouldn't do this if it wasn't worth it. I wonder if we will get a tour ??
could this be true, could this be me..
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I will buy the new La Passione, but I do have my thougths already on the next project which hopefully will be all new music recorded with the prober band. Maybe we have to wait next tour until the next release as well. We would get the chance to hear new songs on tour as well, La Passione songs would be anyway too hard to play live without bigger band & instruments.....
ace of hearts wrote:Well not long to go now. I do hope I'm impressed with this package. I'm not seeing much new according to the Amazon listing, but that can be misleading. Chris wouldn't do this if it wasn't worth it. I wonder if we will get a tour ??
MRB
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by MRB »

I know release is in few days but has anyone received their preorder yet?
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

No. I don't expect it until Friday. My Amazon status is still 'pre ordered'.
could this be true, could this be me..
tobi777
giga REA-fan
giga REA-fan

Post by tobi777 »

The release date for Germany will be 11. Dec. 2015 (at least that's what I found on the Amazon.de page after weeks of not listing the album at all).

I think this will be the first album by C.R. I am not going to buy:
- songs with Shirley Bassey left out :(
- hardly any new tracks :(
- not enough tracks altogether to justify 2 CDs and a new album at all
- the movie is not included - I thought Chris had reworked the movie, too and now I'm fairly disappointed that it won't be in this box :(

What's the point of this box? The documentation about Wolfgang Graf Berghe von Tripps and the coffee table book could be interesting but the main content - the music - is rather disappointing. Basically we get a lot of eye candy and 90% of the tracks we already know...