The man The voice The guitar

Can we expect anything this Autumn/winter?

Stop the presses
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Can we expect anything this Autumn/winter?

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi, It's been a bit quiet on here for a bit. We know Chris loves his motor racing and so plans tour/gigs around that. In between races I'm guessing he may well be recording ? He admits to been prolific and writes at least a song a day !! So has anyone heard anything, has he had studio time booked at all. I just love his music and my thirst for new matariel by Chris is ready to be quenched again :)
could this be true, could this be me..
chrisrea101b
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Can we expect anything this Autumn/winter?

Post by chrisrea101b »

Probably not in fairness. If the pattern of previous years is to be repeated we can expect an 18-24 month period with little news. To be honest this is probably a good thing, I think (in my humble opinion) that chris would benefit from taking more time on the next release, don't get me wrong - I liked Santo Spirito but felt that maybe a real drummer, and new producer to really challenge Chris would result in a better album overall. (he stated that it took 4/5 days? I reckon music always sounds better with quality musician’s actually playing together and less reliance on computers and digital tricks) plus 100% new material no re-hashed Blue Guitars/ HBN's material. What does everyone else think?

Also what would we as fans rather see? A "project" type release with films, soundtracks etc like Santo or a straight 10 track album- well recorded and produced?

Also do you think past mooted ideas: Fireflies, more Delmonts etc will ever make a re-appearance??
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
chrisrea101b
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by chrisrea101b »

Im sure Ive already attempted to post this message, but it never appeared?? My basic reply to ace of hearts, was that I think its unlikely we'll see anything brand new as it takes time to produce and market new material, even though im sure I read that chris put santo spirito together quite quickly (4/5 days??) That, makes me wonder whether chris would produced even better material with a keen producer, who could get the best out of him, and maybe a proper drummer? ie drop the drum machine...anyhone else agree?
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

chrisrea101b wrote:Im sure Ive already attempted to post this message, but it never appeared??
Hello;

Sorry for this inconvinience! I was on vacation (3 weeks to the South of France! :D ) and I wasn't able to access internet. Your account was still on the "newly registered" list, so you were unable to post directly (without my prior approval). I corrected everything now.
Best regards, Bart
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
chrisrea101b
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by chrisrea101b »

3 weeks in the South of france is exactly what I need! Thanks for posting my msg, I think this site is great, and wanted to participate a bit more :)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi,
I will not post totally the meassage, but I received a message from Lily who use to post here. I think we may hear some news sometime in the Autumn at a guess. Was a positive message.
chrisrea101b
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by chrisrea101b »

How on earth do some people get such information/ hints? Does chris's management let slip some things from time to time, if so why not this site? surely the biggest collection of fans on the web? All seems slightly mysterious to me....
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I know it is frustrating, but I do not want to break a confidence. Rest assured he is busy.
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Friends hope this fundamentally good health! And I hope that he is busy writing his autobiography and an album expected with real musicians especially with the great Max!! Take this opportunity to send a big hug
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

chrisrea101b wrote:What does everyone else think?

Also what would we as fans rather see? A "project" type release with films, soundtracks etc like Santo or a straight 10 track album- well recorded and produced?
:shock:

I personally consider Chris's new releases a blessing. It's wonderful to see such an artist being that free in the days like this! I mean, look at what the man is giving us us!
And I was glad to hear him say he won't give it up.
And as for well straight 10 track albums- well recorded and produced, I hear Madonna sell that stuff. :lol:
BlueMaranello
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BlueMaranello »

I posted something on this subject, but it didn't appear.
I hope it's not the voice of the people being silenced.
Because I don't remember it to be impolite, certainly not senseless, so it's probably a mistake or something.
Thanks!