The man The voice The guitar

Chris on Radio 2

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Chris on Radio 2

Post by ann268 »

If you live in the UK you can see the clips by the BBC 2 radio Channel on You Tube, outside the UK not.
Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Strickley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Strickley »

ann268 wrote:If you live in the UK you can see the clips by the BBC 2 radio Channel on You Tube, outside the UK not.
Ann

Do have a link for this - I couldn't find it (maybe I didn't look hard enough)!
Strickley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Strickley »

Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

Take a look at the highlights package for the Chris Evans bit of the show. There is a video that includes the bits with Chris in
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Second song (All Night Long) now available on Facbook (via YouTube), not only for UK users. I was able to watch it :)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

Me too.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I've seen it, finally, lol. Just seen Chris over a month agoin the flesh, but still happy to see him again on telly :D
Ann
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

anyone know why did not play the drummer Neil and the great Max?
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

You can hear it back on: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b01h5xlg at 1.45.38 till 1.51.00!
He told what he was going to play and they couldn't bring the drummer :(

I copy and pasted it from an ealier message I posted.

Here Chris was telling why it was Verherny!

Hope the link will still work ;)
Ann
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

GTO blues now available on YouTube, I'm not posting the link, of course, but you can find it 8)
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

elangelo wrote:GTO blues now available on YouTube, I'm not posting the link, of course, but you can find it 8)
Hello elangelo;

As Chris has posted these on youtube, it is perfectly fine to link to this video! The problem was with the youtube video of a "compilation" of live concerts, which was advertising an "album" as if it was for sale, and that is why Chris' management contacted me.

There is no problem with posting links to "officially" released material, such as these BBC performances or video clips... (?). I even don't think there is a realy big problem with posting incidentaly some concert footage although this is "illegaly" obtained, as long as it doesn't have the feel of commercially exploiting these recordings. I really don't know how to explain this, and I know the border is very thin. I had to put it in the "forum guidelines" so I could address it when somebody "crosses the border" of what is acceptable. After I edited the rules, I received another message from the management stating that I could "allow youtube links to (...) video's of concerts. (...) Just no youtube links to illegal music albums or bootleg audio recordings". I decided to keep the guidelines in place to have a bit more "control" over what happens on the forum. I hope you can understand this, thanks!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
veherny
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by veherny »

Thank you Ann!!!!!!!!!!
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Veherny: Could you still listen to this? And your welcome;)
Ann
mohawk
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by mohawk »

Hi Bart and everyone else ! As the person responsible for posting the Chris Rea " concerts " on Youtube I would just like to make something clear . It never states at any time that they are officially or un-offically available anywhere ! In the short promo also on Youtube it says in the actual video YOUTUBE EXCLUSIVE and also that they are UNAVAILABLE TO BUY IN STORES OR ONLINE . In the text under the videos it clearly states -
"PLEASE NOTE - This collection is purely for demonstration purposes and is not comercially available . The hope is that Chris Rea`s record company might see the potential of a project like this and release something similar officailly in the near future . Any feedback from other fans will be much appreciated and YOUR views might help to turn an idea like this into reality ! "
Any requests - and there have been many - from people wanting to know where to get them have been given the same answer - contact his record company and suggest they release something similar ! Finally , I will also add that the majority of the recordings in these " concerts " come from OFFICIAL Chris Rea releases such as live bonus tracks on cd`s . If any of this has " crossed the line of what is acceptable " then I apologise to all concerned but the overwhelming positive response from the viewers says it all really . Chis` record company should take note ! Thanks .
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

mohawk wrote:As the person responsible for posting the Chris Rea " concerts " on Youtube I would just like to make something clear . It never states at any time that they are officially or un-offically available anywhere ! In the short promo also on Youtube it says in the actual video YOUTUBE EXCLUSIVE and also that they are UNAVAILABLE TO BUY IN STORES OR ONLINE .
I understand. Still, somehow it draw the attention of Chris' management, and they asked me to remove the video. I still don't know exacly what is "crossing the line", and I do think that the "problem" (if there is a problem at al!) is much wider then just this site. If there is content that is concidered unsuitable to be available, it should be removed from Youtube at all, not just from this site. But hé, that is just me. I didn't want to start the discussion, so I just adjusted the concerning posts. I can understand your feelings, although I must admit, the video looked like some sort of "promotion" for a compilation that was available "somewhere"... (although it does indeed state it is only on Youtube!).

As said before, I find it very difficult to exactly determine what is "good" and what is "wrong" (not in the last place as English is not my first language!) and I am just trying to make it work here. For you, for me, for all the other fans and last but not least for Chris' management. I hope we can put this subect to rest for now,I feel everything has been said... Thanks!
mohawk wrote:but the overwhelming positive response from the viewers says it all really . Chis` record company should take note !
Couldn't agree with you more!!! In that perspective your video shows clearly how much demand there is for such an officially released compilation, but regretably I don't think this is going to happen any time soon!
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)