The man The voice The guitar

Anything new ?

Stop the presses
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: Anything new ?

Post by ann268 »

I become even more curious after seeing this movie, hope Rhino will deliver soon!
It's quite dark and mysterious, I liked the modern parts very much, the organ not so much to be honest, but it's part of the RC church and music. Like you say Chris, part of your live when you grow up with this stuff and it belongs in a movie like this.
Ann
You're never to old to dance!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

A song from the new album on Youtube....

"Somewhere Between The Stars" (Santo Spirito)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffesIuFjRgQ

Enjoy!
Chris
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

I got confirmation on 00.34 hours in my e-mail that the two ordered packages of Chris Rea are send to me. I can listen to the cd's or watch around 14.00 hours CET. It goes like i thought and history repeats itself.

About the autobiographical aspects of the movie, i hope the jump off the rooftop is fiction (suicide). I mean the plot comes from the original thinker so his experiences in life is what comes up in him/her. So you can say that all movies are a bit autobiographical from the point of screenwriters. Even science-fiction where aliens have characters like human beings can you count on that. I hope i am not too much a philosopher wannabe.

By the way also getting the Ry Cooder Cd today, so only waiting for Nick Lowe with The Old Magic.
Last edited by chrisreafan on 02 Sep 2011, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Got it around 13.00 hours CET. Right now listening to the Soundtrack CD of the Florence movie to say it that way. Heard the Bullfighting CD; like Vivienne said impressed.

To say something for all the fans; the Soundtrack CD of Florence is without the talking you hear in the movie, i think a plus.

If someone got questions, i am willing, if i can according to the CD's; to search and try to find an answer if one is given.

I am not looking all the time (pc) so if one has to wait a while....in the weekend probably gonna watch the movies (in the evening cause we finaly got some sunshine over here 26 degrees)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Mine shipped yesterday but has not come in today's post, so looks like tomorrow for me. Postings are positive by others which is good.
One thing bugging me is how news and review sites say this Chris' first new matatriel for 10 years when clearly it isn't. Did they miss the Massive 130 song Blue guitars and triple disc Hofner Bluenotes releases !!! ???
there was even two new songs on Come so far.
could this be true, could this be me..
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Yeah Ace,

A bit typical that fans in Brittain have to wait longer!

I like the Soundtrack of Santo Spirito even more as the Bullfighting

A real treat, the package.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I ordered my package by Rhino, haven't seen or heard anything yet!
I live in the Netherlands :?:
Ann
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Ann, the only thing i can say (sitting in the garden right now) i ordered in june '11 the two packages. So first in line to get it. Thursday they had it in House. (Bol.com). Now people have to wait 2-4 businessdays.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I ordered it in june also, but online at Rhino (UK) with shirt and everything. I will hang in there with all those clips and links :)
Ann
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

Post by pizzaaddi »

I got Mine Today. Chris is the Best thx
Susan
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Susan »

Hello to all. Just finished reading all the latest posts. I'm patiently waiting...or at least trying to...here in the US for my copy. I, too, ordered the set with the shirt in June through RhinoUK. But shipping takes FOREVER across the pond. In the meantime, I'll keep reading your comments and watching YouTube. :)

I can take what comes my way
Whatever goes down, whatever they say
Star of hope shine on me
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

For Ann,

Ann if you really can't wait for the package i am willing to sell it to you (same price as Bol.com). If you have or make up an Hotmail.com account and give me your emailadres i will send you my details. I am living about 56 kilometers away from you. On the road its about 70 (?).

Its still sealed and brandnew.

It's not a must for me, but if i can help.

It's nice weather so if you have a convertible LOL! :D
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

The Standaard-Online (Belgium, Vlaanderen) has an article about "Santo Spirito Blues". 3 Stars out of 5.

Can't read the article, has to be a member. Now a member but still can't read it.

8)
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Thanks Ann,

Read your message, was forgotten that you can communicate that way.
I hope you'll get it on Monday. :)

Still had the speakers on, so i heard that i had new mail.

Bye
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Well mine wasn't there today :( so it will have to be Monday...
could this be true, could this be me..