New Video on Facebook

Stop the presses
pizzaaddi
dREAm fan
dREAm fan

New Video on Facebook

Post by pizzaaddi »

Hi all,

there is a new ideo on the facbook site of Chris. It is from the new project. Don´t know what ecactly is, but it is new , new , new .....

Here is the link : [url]http://www.facebook.com/ChrisReaOfficial[url]
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Re: New Video on Facebook

Post by elangelo »

Thanks for the link! I don't have an account so I don't track posts there.
Yes, well, can we hope Jon Kelly will save the sound of this album? They do admit on the Facebook that CR lost the real sound with his 'home digital' recording.
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Saw it and loved the guitar music!
Ann
You're never to old to dance!
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes, the guitar was great, but everything else... Obviously it would be more interesting if I could hear the words clearly. I probably would understand them if I were a native speaker.
The worst is gone....
Peter S...
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Peter S... »

Hi,

Clip is now on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjB0sb-kyv4

Peter S...
Between the eyes of love I call your name
Behind the guarded walls I used to go
Upon a summer wind there's a certain melody
Takes me back to the place that I know
Down on the beach
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Thanks Peter
I like it ! It'll be interesting to see if this is part of the new movie release or is it a video.I think it looks like part of the movie but we'll see.The first 1:30 a little different but second 1/2 very Chris.
I have the feeling the new 3 CD's and 2 DVD's are going to be a very new Chris.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi all,
Either "very new Chris" or "new, old Chris" because there are both: his characteristic timbre and riffs present there. What stroke me though, is the mysterious "man in black coat wearing a broad-rim hat". It could be, as Jim suggested, a character from his new movie or an illustration video for this tune. One way or another, I liked it. And in spite of the fact that I'm also not a native speaker of the language, I was able to get the grip of the conversation, too. It's like someone calling the police, using police, military or CB-radio jargon (lingo).
I detect in this video an attempt to go back into (to revert to) his "old" music, less bluesy, more melodic and nostalgic at times.
Best regards to all,
Chris
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Furthermore...
I found this on Chris Rea's Facebook Wall....

(quote)
Chris has been working with Jon Kelly again. Jon was brought in to oversee the engineering / production side of the new project, Santo Spirito.
Chris has for some time struggled with the lack of really good sounds when working with “home digital” recording and is happy to be back in the “real” world of recording.
He is also over the moon that he will be working with Max Middleton again on the new tour.
(end of quote)

So, it could well be The New, "Old Chris", all over again....

Best regards to all,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi all,

I really did love the second part of the music in the video on youtube, the guitar feels great, the manner of playing guitar is very King of the Beach or New Lights... but the tune and the sound is different, I wonder what is the guitar this is produced by... Hope it's Pinky again.

But I must admit I did not feel enthusiastic about the first half of the audio footage - the same artificial beats and bass, TRTHp2 was an risky experiment, this time it is oh too much, and I did not like video at all. Do not ask me what exactly did I dislike, but it felt like negative-tuned La Passione to me, dark and frustrating, and quite misuderstandable. I hope the proposed bespoke films will not be in the same manner...

And finally, unfortunately, I do not feel enthusiastic enough about the forthcoming tour. After the last time I saw Chris live it seems to me there's a tendency that it'll almost the same gig over and over again, almost unchanging setlist just with a couple of songs from the bursts of new material, just like Mark Knopfler does...

Really hope it is not what it feels...

best regards,
&ru
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello,

I like the sinister and dark music which Chris brings foreward. Like that kind of music and movies. Happy tunes, sorry. . . can't be blues.

If one asks what does he mean? Listen to the song 'Thanksgiving Day' of Johnny Dowd. His newest cd and thatparticular CD is "off the hook".

If one sees the reactions on Blue Guitar and HBN its nearly always 5 stars. Can't go along with the vision about drums etc. One seems to sound like a 'parrot' if one does.

Everyone his opinion though.
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

andrew fisher wrote:And finally, unfortunately, I do not feel enthusiastic enough about the forthcoming tour. After the last time I saw Chris live it seems to me there's a tendency that it'll almost the same gig over and over again, almost unchanging setlist just with a couple of songs from the bursts of new material, just like Mark Knopfler does...
Well, I said to myself, this time I will go to the concert because I wasn't there in 2010 for the same reason you mentioned. Right now it's OK to me to listen to the same tunes every 4 years :)
The worst is gone....