The man The voice The guitar

Which song done it for you and which still does?

Let us know what your favourite song is
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Which song done it for you and which still does?

Post by Jim M »

Getting back to original subject the 1st Chris REa song i heard was Fool if You think it's over and he had me right away.Since alot of CR music is and was not available in Canada i missed alot of stuff until On THe Beach came out and i had on vinyl and tape.THe 1st time i went out with my now wife she refused to give me both of these tapes back as she had never heard anything like this.Twenty plus years later when HBN arrived we of course liked most if not ALL the songs (I did not like the DElmonts on 1st listen but boy was i wrong -i now love them) but the 1 song that really reenforced why i like the music so much is I Will Be With You (for obvious reasons).
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
fatima firmino
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by fatima firmino »

Talking about something you really like it can be easy and difficult as well!
I'm not sure when I've started to listen to his music but I remember that I began with Auberge and The Blue Cafe. I must say that I had to listen more then once to get into his fantastic music and now I do love listening to all his songs!
And mainly because of this, I've decided to go to England (I'm from Portugal) on my holidays to see him in concert!! Which I did in Newcastle, 2nd April. I loved it! What can I say? His just amazing!!! :D
Fatima
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi fatima,lovely to talk with you again.
fatima firmino wrote:And mainly because of this, I've decided to go to England (I'm from Portugal) on my holidays to see him in concert!! Which I did in Newcastle, 2nd April. I loved it! What can I say? His just amazing!!!
What would be your favoutate song now.?
I am glad you have decided to join the rest of us fans here. :) Bart I know this is not the correct place to put this...
but I met Fatima in Newcastle and I just want to say welcome as I can't find her Introduction Post.You are among the best Chris Rea fans there is and some truely nice people here.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Tina3 wrote:Bart I know this is not the correct place to put this...
Tina;

really no need to excuse yourself... This board is and must stay a place where people can be therselfs react freely to other posts... But just to keep things a "bit" (a very very small bit, if you ask me!) structured I gave his tip (in the "wrong" topic as well :D ) No worries... Just keep in mind that if, for example, you should start a whole conversation with Fatima about the wheater in Portugal, you could best open a new topic (in this case under "general chat").
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Bart,
Thanks Bart for that.Thas seems like a good idea. :)
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Post by Zgred »

lilybee wrote:I'm having trouble finding the first one, Benny Santini, (unless I pay over $150 on ebay! ) I can get Deltics for about $40.
What the duck? These prices are ridiculous.
Lily you already got them or not? Should I tell you, I bought mine for about $ 10-15? ;) And they are still available here in Poland, not to mention even cheaper used ones...

If you still got some deal on your mind. I just checked the overseas shipping. Looks like it's circa $ 50 for the buying and sending those 2 CDs to you (results may vary).
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Zgred wrote:
lilybee wrote:I'm having trouble finding the first one, Benny Santini, (unless I pay over $150 on ebay! ) I can get Deltics for about $40.
What the duck? These prices are ridiculous.
Lily you already got them or not? Should I tell you, I bought mine for about $ 10-15? ;) And they are still available here in Poland, not to mention even cheaper used ones...

If you still got some deal on your mind. I just checked the overseas shipping. Looks like it's circa $ 50 for the buying and sending those 2 CDs to you (results may vary).

Sorry Zgred, I guess I should have updated this post, :)

I already got Benny and Deltics, and then some!!! :lol: :lol:

I also got the original "red" vinyl single Benny, plus the 12". Same with Deltics, I got both the original and the "blue"vinyl. All of them nicely priced, after some extended research on ebay.

Lily