The man The voice The guitar

Chris Rea playing with other artists

Let me know if you've got an idea for this site, or if you've found an error or if you have a question
DJC

Chris Rea playing with other artists

Post by DJC »

Hi just a brief post....I jknow that Chris Rea has played on the Deacon Blus "Raintown" Album ( 1988) on the song : Love's great Fears. He also played on the "Willie and the PoorBoys" album / concert / film ( along with Bill Wyman and others ) covering the Van Morrison / Them song - Baby Please don't go (1985). He had also played on Snowey White albums and I think a Tom Robinson album ? Also on the Elton John "Duets" album. Technically he was also on the Live Aid / Band Aid # 2 version of "Do they know it's Christmas?". Apart from that, I don't think he does much else with other people / bands, etc Also - apart from Elkie Brook doing Fool if you think it's over.... - who else covers Chris Rea songs ?? I think we need to have a wee bit of debate / chat about this.Any other die hard fans out there with opinion / info' , etc ?? :P [/b]
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Chris Rea playing with other artists

Post by Chris »

DJC wrote:Hi just a brief post....I jknow that Chris Rea has played on the Deacon Blus "Raintown" Album ( 1988) on the song : Love's great Fears. He also played on the "Willie and the PoorBoys" album / concert / film ( along with Bill Wyman and others ) covering the Van Morrison / Them song - Baby Please don't go (1985). He had also played on Snowey White albums and I think a Tom Robinson album ? Also on the Elton John "Duets" album. Technically he was also on the Live Aid / Band Aid # 2 version of "Do they know it's Christmas?". Apart from that, I don't think he does much else with other people / bands, etc Also - apart from Elkie Brook doing Fool if you think it's over.... - who else covers Chris Rea songs ?? I think we need to have a wee bit of debate / chat about this.Any other die hard fans out there with opinion / info' , etc ?? :P [/b]

----------

Hello everyone,
Chris Rea's song were performed by several artists, I guess. I know of the English-language version of "Teach Me To Dance" done by the Belgian female vocalist Victor Lazlo (apparently her stage-name, taken from a well known movie character in "Casablanca"), CD "My Delicious Poison", cut #1, Polydor 849 472 - 2, 1991, and I know of "True To You" adopted by the "French Elvis Presley", Johnny Hallyday, CD "Ca Ne Change Pas Un Homme", cut #9, Philips 510850 2, 1991, with Chris Rea playing his slide on it and Rod Stewart did Chris' "Windy Town" on CD "A Spanner In the Works", cut #1, Warner D-9362 48867 2, issued in 1995.
Take care,
Chris
Alex

Covers and duets

Post by Alex »

Hello there,

Chris Rea also played in a John Mayall album, a blues legend (with a lot of other guests), he didn't play guitar but sang on background vocal.

There's also another cover of "Fool if you think it's over" made by a singer named Thomas Anders on his solo album "Different" (Modern Talking singer). And it's a good version of the song.

Alex
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

He also plays guitar on Patricia Kaas's Tour De Charm album (Martin Ditchman also plays drums on there). Chris also performed in a band - aid promo to save the Rainforest trees in 1980 along with Bonnie Riatt, Kate Bush and several other aritsts. He also appears on Tom Robinson's Love Over Rage album.

Post by Guest »

Hi there,

Chris Rea also helped DAVID KNOPFLER (brother of Dire Straits legend Mark Knopfler) on his previous two albums, Wishbones and Ship of dreams. On the first one he contributed guitar and voices to the first song A CLEAR DAY (ST. SWITHUN'S DAY) -on the second album he worked on several tracks but unfortunately I can't tell you which ones. :D

Greetings from Germany
Tobias
DJC

Other Artists

Post by DJC »

Thanks for the info' and to update my own request, I know that he also played guitar on a Hank Marvin ( The Shadows) LP called "Guitar Syndicate" in the late 70's. There must be more ?