The man The voice The guitar

What will happen?

Let me know if you've got an idea for this site, or if you've found an error or if you have a question
Post Reply
Jutta
Translator
Translator
Posts: 132
Joined: 12 Feb 2006, 14:20
Location: Germany

What will happen?

Post by Jutta » 16 Feb 2006, 21:45

Hello Bart and everybody,

I just wondered what will happen with this site, when the touring of Chris is over and he never comes back as Chris Rea. Will it still exist (as I hope) or will it change its title - instead of "The man, the voice ..." something else, which includes the Memphis Fire Flies (besides where does this name come from?) or so?
I´m glad, that there are also the two french sites now. So many has died more or less recently, just before Chris is going to start his farewell tour. :(

I´m looking forward the concert next week. But for me, the main thing will be, that Chris is in good health. I`d rather do without this concert, but he shall go on working and making new albums the next twenty years. How does somebody manage almost 50 gigs without a pancreas? I wish he won´t have any problems and enjoy himself at the tour. :smt048

And for all the fans as well - have fun! :smt052

User avatar
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict
Posts: 354
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 19:08
Location: Poland

Post by Zgred » 17 Feb 2006, 12:45

Welcome to the forum Jutta

I believe Bart will keep this site quite up to date no matter if Chris will end his career or continue as member of FireFlies. This is site about him and his achievements, we can only guess if there would be "The FIreFlies" section or just sub-site about it, but I'm rather to think that it will keep this current appearance. We have some job to do with the site anyway, it's far from being complete, so don't even think of "dying" :D
where does this name come from?
Well there is a song of Chris - "Firefly"... check the lyrics out... who knows... :D

reagards

User avatar
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 685
Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 19:45
Location: Maastricht; The Netherlands
contact:

Re: What will happen?

Post by Bart » 17 Feb 2006, 20:07

Jutta wrote:Hello Bart and everybody,

I just wondered what will happen with this site, when the touring of Chris is over and he never comes back as Chris Rea. Will it still exist (as I hope) or will it change its title - instead of "The man, the voice ..." something else, which includes the Memphis Fire Flies ...
Hello Jutta;

well; I am planning to continue this site (and hopefully one day make it more or les " comlpete") for some years !! And also I am not thinking of changing it's name; I like "the man ..." very much as a title. But I am currently in the proces of buying some other domain names, so I can create a whole new site besides this one about the fireflies; although they will be heavily integrated ...?!?!? LEt's just wait and see :wink: :wink:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)

User avatar
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 685
Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 19:45
Location: Maastricht; The Netherlands
contact:

Re: What will happen?

Post by Bart » 20 Feb 2006, 18:49

Bart wrote: ...I am currently in the proces of buying some other domain names, so I can create a whole new site besides this one about the fireflies; although they will be heavily integrated ...?!?!? LEt's just wait and see :wink: :wink:
And it is working :!: :!: :!:

it is http://www.the-fireflies.nl and currently it only links to http://www.chrisrea.nl. In the near future I will create a whole new info page about his new project (if anybody has any info, please send it to me!)
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)

User avatar
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict
Posts: 354
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 19:08
Location: Poland

Post by Zgred » 21 Feb 2006, 11:11

Bart, man - you're doing well but I see you start a lot of projects and then let them stay incomplete, say have you checked our dear Murat from Mongolia???

User avatar
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 685
Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 19:45
Location: Maastricht; The Netherlands
contact:

Post by Bart » 21 Feb 2006, 13:29

Zgred wrote:... I see you start a lot of projects and then let them stay incomplete
Could you please name a few ?!? The only thing I still haven’t been able to complete is the discography, but only because: 1. it is really, REALY much work, and: 2. I want to write a whole new script for this using the database (I am already using for some other features on the site) but first I want to try some small things like the recently added "tour review input form" :wink: :wink: Other than that I have tried to complete most things I started on for this site, although - as you know - it is all done in my free time and (since I am not a professional) it takes a lot of time to complete one little addition !!

Zgred wrote:...say have you checked our dear Murat from Mongolia???
Yes I have (today). I know this is a common problem on the forum, that "people" (with auto. generated names :wink: ) join only to advertise their vulgar websites. Now I have adjusted so that new members cannot add a website anymore; it is sad, but I don’t think there is any other way ...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)

User avatar
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict
Posts: 354
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 19:08
Location: Poland

Post by Zgred » 22 Feb 2006, 10:55

All right, all right. You disappeared some time ago and I didn't know what to think. Does it mean I shouldn't do the discography until you develop your interactive form? I was d@mn busy but now I cleared it, could continue with my stuff.

What I was thinking about is the fact that you change the overall appearance not having the database completed, I can only guess you do that because the base depends on the appearance.

I think you should clear the memberlist from time to time, people create login and don't even post once and then forget about it so we have 200 members now with about 50 actually being active. But it's your site and your decisions.

When is your first encounter of the Master?? :D

User avatar
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 685
Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 19:45
Location: Maastricht; The Netherlands
contact:

Post by Bart » 22 Feb 2006, 11:01

Zgred wrote:All right, all right. You disappeared some time ago and I didn't know what to think. Does it mean I shouldn't do the discography until you develop your interactive form? I was d@mn busy but now I cleared it, could continue with my stuff.

What I was thinking about is the fact that you change the overall appearance not having the database completed, I can only guess you do that because the base depends on the appearance.
I will try to explain this to you later, my absence had a very good reason, and also the fact the site still needs much work has a reasen. You'd better not work on the discography in the current format anymore (I don't ... :wink: ) because I want to make it database-driven ...
Zgred wrote: I think you should clear the memberlist from time to time, people create login and don't even post once and then forget about it so we have 200 members now with about 50 actually being active. But it's your site and your decisions.
I clear out the list almost every single day, to remove all the auto-added "mebers" who only link to weird sites ... I will not remove actual members who have no posts, because perhaps they would like to receive the newsletter from time to time ...
Zgred wrote: When is your first encounter of the Master?? :D
In a few hours !!! :D :D :D
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)

User avatar
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster
Posts: 685
Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 19:45
Location: Maastricht; The Netherlands
contact:

Re: What will happen?

Post by Bart » 10 Mar 2006, 22:07

Bart wrote:
Bart wrote: ...I am currently in the proces of buying some other domain names, so I can create a whole new site besides this one about the fireflies; although they will be heavily integrated ...?!?!? LEt's just wait and see :wink: :wink:
And it is working :!: :!: :!:

it is http://www.the-fireflies.nl and currently it only links to http://www.chrisrea.nl. In the near future I will create a whole new info page about his new project (if anybody has any info, please send it to me!)

I have bought better domain names. When I bought the-fireflies.nl I didn;t know the band was called MEMPHISfireflies. So last week I bought both http://www.memphisfireflies.com and http://www.memphisfireflies.nl. They are online, but nothing there. I don;t have any content to add at the moment, but as soon as I hear something, you'll read it over there...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)

User avatar
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict
Posts: 354
Joined: 20 Aug 2005, 19:08
Location: Poland

Re: What will happen?

Post by Zgred » 17 Mar 2006, 15:58

I wonder what will happen if they became interested in creating a website... that already exists - and belongs to Rea's fan. That means war :D ;)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest