The man The voice The guitar

IF CHRIS RELEASED A NEW SINGLE.......................

All topics concerning Chris' discography
davidgsmith
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

IF CHRIS RELEASED A NEW SINGLE.......................

Post by davidgsmith »

What should it be???
My choice would be "Just In Case You Never Knew " from Disc 8 of Blue Guitars. Actually, I could choose about 6 tracks from that, my favourite Disc in the set.
What about you??? Let's have some suggestions............
DJC

New Single

Post by DJC »

Catfish Girl ! He should have released it when from the Stony Road Album and still should try it now.
Jutta
Translator
Translator

Re: IF CHRIS RELEASED A NEW SINGLE.......................

Post by Jutta »

davidgsmith wrote:What should it be???
This is a really difficult question, because Chris has written many many real good songs since 2002. Although I doubt that he is out for producing another hit single (least of all under the name Chris Rea) I believe he could have success with songs like “Ball and chain”, “Break another piece of my heart”, “Till I found my true love´s name” or “Keep on dancing”. I feel that these songs might appeal to the masses rather than the country-blues-songs for example. Personally I would appreciate songs like “Wild pony”, “All night long” and “Jazzy blue”. (I used to think that Blues is a boring thing, just interesting for people at the age of 90 and above, until Chris made me love it.) Nearly every song from Blue Guitar is a special work of art. I wish the radio-stations would pay more attention to the album.
Tina3
Support
Support

If Chris realised a new single

Post by Tina3 »

I agree with Jutta,it's very difficult to pick 1 song but I think Give That Girl A Diamond would make a good 1.Chris doesn't need chart sucess,his music speaks for itself.I too use to hate blues music but that is fast changing since Blue Guitars. :D
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Square Peg
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Square Peg »

Well Ive only listened to the first 2 Cds from Blue Guitars so far. If I were to pick a single it would be Sweet Sunday or Work Gang from the first CD. They are very catchy tunes. I'm still thinking about the 2nd CD, Maybe Catwalk Woman or Steam Train Blues........Jim
And Me, I'm always looking down that road out of town.
blueskev

Post by blueskev »

That's a difficult question; would a slower track make a successful single or one of the more up tempo ones? I agree with Tina3 about "give that girl a diamond". I love most of the BG tracks but trying to imagine what would apeal to Joe puplic who is used to manufactured pop music is hard.

I like Chris's view that his music is like a certain kind of wine where someone like Madona is coke-cola!
Kev.
It's just me
and my deep blue ways...