The man The voice The guitar

Blue Cafe - Japan release Bonus Tracks

All topics concerning Chris' discography
tungsten222000
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Blue Cafe - Japan release Bonus Tracks

Post by tungsten222000 »

I was recently given a CD that is allegedly a copy of the Japanese release version of Blue Cafe. Unfortunately I'm not convinced that it is a copy of that version as it seems to have only one bonus track (Kyoto Blue) rather than the three that I have seen referred to in various places in the past. I understood the three bonus tracks to be Kyoto Blue, Ameno Nakano Kiirono Herumetto and On The Beach. I'm also questioning whether the version I have on this disc is the real Kyoto Blue. The version I have is a great piece of music but quite unlike any other Chris Rea piece. I'll try to describe what I have... 4 mins 42 secs long, completely instrumental, more of an Indian theme rather than an oriental theme with something approaching a sitar sound and strong percussion and brass throughout. It could almost be a James Bond theme! Does that sound like the real thing to anybody? Or do I have some mystery piece of music that has been incorrectly attributed to Chris Rea? If it's real what happened to the other bonus tracks?
Front Row for Chris Rea - Festival Hall - Brisbane - Australia -1987
Jim M
Support
Support

Re: Blue Cafe - Japan release Bonus Tracks

Post by Jim M »

I have the real Japanese THe Blue Cafe in front of me.The bonous songs are Kyoto Blues / Ameno Nakano Kirono Herumetto & on the beach.Kyoto Blues is 4:45 and does sound almost indian but it is traditional Japanese string instument and has a Chris Rea "feel" but unlike his other stuff.Ameno Nakano Kirono Hermentto is much more lively and very Chris Rea in the background (ala Expresso Logic -sort of).
It was a real find !
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
tungsten222000
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by tungsten222000 »

I have discovered that the track I have is in fact "Missione A Bombay" by Nicola Conte. I have no idea how it was attributed to Chris Rea but I think it is a great piece of music nonetheless. It's a little like the scenario in which a version of "Lily Was Here" is attributed (in terms of performance at least) to Chris Rea in some circles although I've never seen its origins confirmed with any authority.
Front Row for Chris Rea - Festival Hall - Brisbane - Australia -1987
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Ameno Nakano Kiirono Herumetto seems to read like Yellow Helmet in the Rain, must be about a Formula 1 racer at Japan Grand Prix, common theme for Chris intstruental works.
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea