The man The voice The guitar

My missing C.R. album!

All topics concerning Chris' discography
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

My missing C.R. album!

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

I have been a fan for around 25 years now and have subsequently bought all albums bar the odd "best of" apart for some reason Road to Hell Part 2. Not really sure why I have never bought or listened to however listened to the album last week and I have to say I was really supprised. To me it was totally different to what you would normally expect and loved a few tracks not so sure about others. Interested to see if anyone else has bypassed any albums and reasons for this. Looking forward to Glasgow in April :D :D :D :D
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Re: My missing C.R. album!

Post by Mr_Blues »

BLUEHOOD71 wrote:I have been a fan for around 25 years now and have subsequently bought all albums bar the odd "best of" apart for some reason Road to Hell Part 2. Not really sure why I have never bought or listened to however listened to the album last week and I have to say I was really supprised. To me it was totally different to what you would normally expect and loved a few tracks not so sure about others. Interested to see if anyone else has bypassed any albums and reasons for this. Looking forward to Glasgow in April :D :D :D :D
Well, that album happens to be one which Chris himself should have missed :)
Really a awful album with the computer made sounds.....not real music to my ear,
and the great guitar and singing voice doesn´t justify those computer sounds...

I have by passed only the vain best of albums as there´s too many of them and I have missed them for the simple reason, won´t let record companies steal my money.

Got all the official studio albums, nice collection if you don´t count that Road To Hell 2 album in it.....

What I´m missing is his next great official studio album,
which should be out this year, hopefully it will be worth of waiting :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Bluehood71,

If I remember correctly we've discussed this album on this forum a while ago weighing the pros and cons. Kindly take a look around the past topics. I have this album as well - RTH2 - since I wanted to have everything ever published by Chris Rea, except official bootlegs and/or pirate copies.
Take care,
Chris
elangelo
REAddict
REAddict

Post by elangelo »

Yes, we discussed it already, I think it's a great album, very emotional
Don't cry, baby don't cry
The worst is gone....
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

I must agree this is not my favouite album (a little too dance club for me) but there are a few songs I do Like
Keep On Dancing / In My Car / Evil #2 / THe way you look tonight
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
BLUEHOOD71
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by BLUEHOOD71 »

Chris wrote:Hi Bluehood71,

If I remember correctly we've discussed this album on this forum a while ago weighing the pros and cons. Kindly take a look around the past topics. I have this album as well - RTH2 - since I wanted to have everything ever published by Chris Rea, except official bootlegs and/or pirate copies.
Take care,
Chris
If you took the time to read the question properly it was not a particular discussion about RTH2. This was one I missed and I was asking if others had different ones they had missed. I have to say the attitude of some people on hear is beyond a joke and before long nobody will bother posting :( :(
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Bluehood 71
Along with the albums I purchased over the years I went on a buying spree a few years ago and searched E-bay for everything I could find Chris Rea (CD only vinyl opens a whole new con o worms).I managed to find many EP's /CD's /DVD's /Japanese releases etc. and probably spent a couple thousand dollars over a year.
It is quite amazing the different versions and live performances that are on these more rare offerings.Now when a new CD comes out I buy all versions available as you never know what surprises there on on various releases.Now if anyone knows wheree I can find the Japanese release of King Of The Beach ? THis one continues to elude me.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

BLUEHOOD71 wrote:If you took the time to read the question properly it was not a particular discussion about RTH2. This was one I missed and I was asking if others had different ones they had missed. I have to say the attitude of some people on hear is beyond a joke and before long nobody will bother posting :( :(
Just wondering which people you are pointing out?
For example my message was clear enough, made a point on the album which you had missed,
then told which albums I had missed for a reason and then at last I told about which album I´m missing,
kind of, the one which should come out this year.
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

I think it was me who was called up to the blackboard (chalkboard) on this topic ("My missing C.R. album!".) I admit, I've misread the original question put by Bluehood71 at the top of this part of the forum. Sorry about that...
Chris