Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Fool if you think it's over - The definitive greatest hits

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
quote="Chris"]I'm still purchasing my CDs in stores even though I recently found out I cannot buy a portable CD player anymore![/quote]
Hi Chris,When did this happen....I hadn't realised that portable C.D players were no longer available. :shock:
alan1958 wrote:One of my customers told me last week that he got it as a gift , and that it features his first band,The Delmonts ....I did not have the heart to tell him they were ficticious :( ....
Alan,I know this is not meant to be funny but I have to laugh.Someone has got things wrong when people think that the Delmonts were Chris's 1st band Oh dear Oh dear
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Everyone,
quote="Chris"]I'm still purchasing my CDs in stores even though I recently found out I cannot buy a portable CD player anymore!
Hi Chris,When did this happen....I hadn't realised that portable C.D players were no longer available. :shock:
alan1958 wrote:One of my customers told me last week that he got it as a gift , and that it features his first band,The Delmonts ....I did not have the heart to tell him they were ficticious :( ....
Alan,I know this is not meant to be funny but I have to laugh.Someone has got things wrong when people think that the Delmonts were Chris's 1st band Oh dear Oh dear
Tina :) :)[/quote]

Hi Tina , :D
The worst thing about that story is that it was not the FIRST time !!!!!!! I think non-fans that did not dig deeper , really did not get the concept .......what a shame :( :( :(
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Alan,
alan1958 wrote:The worst thing about that story is that it was not the FIRST time !!!!!!! I think non-fans that did not dig deeper , really did not get the concept .......what a shame :( :( :(
That is a shame but it's their loss.Just goes to show you can't take your eye of Chris for a minute cause he is always changing.What was that he talked about....The Memphis Fireflies and has there been one song under that name? No not yet but who knows :)
Tina :D :D
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Tina, Lily and Alan,

Well, I did managed to buy a portable "Sony" CD player (a "CD Walkman") in a small store, but the big media stores "don't carry them anymore" I was told.
What they offer instead is a whole line of MP3 and MP4 players. For a thousand or several thousand songs...

Yes Lily, I remember the cassette Walkmans. I still have two of them along with dozens of tapes. I also remember an 8-track tape players ("eight-track cartridge", "8-track" or "stereo 8"). I don't suppose you've seen them?
My brother-in-law used to have one in his 67 Ford Mustang, back in late 60s early 70s....

Come to think of the latest "The Best Of", I believe it's deliberately being offered for downloading (as well as a regular CD) to generate funds for new projects.

Best regards to you all,
Chris
jwanzong
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by jwanzong »

Does anyone know if this cd is published by Magnet or Chris's company (Navybeck ltd)? The greatest hits cds to date seem to have been from his former record companies who it appears hold the publishing rights and can issue as many greatest hits cds as they want. If this is the 1st on Chris's label then it will be interesting to see if there will be more in the future.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

HI Jen, :D

The Label info on Amazon says its Content RE (edel).

I know edel was the label on TROTFHBN earbook, which Chris still does business with.

"my two cents"

Lily
daveid
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by daveid »

some new and better samples of the new album from play.com :

http://www.play.com/Music/MP3-Download- ... oduct.html
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Thanks for the link Dave, :D

Song #10 is The Beat Goes On, but it's listed as Baby Don't cry.

Lily
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Thanks Daveid
The new versions sound very mellow.I'll definately buy it.
Who am i kidding he could come out with an album that was tittled songs i don't like /didn't sing well and my guitar was out of tune and i'd still buy it.
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Jim M wrote:Who am i kidding he could come out with an album that was tittled songs i don't like /didn't sing well and my guitar was out of tune and i'd still buy it.
:lol:
Hi Jim I would do the exact same.I think record companies know this too.
tonyc
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by tonyc »

Hi All
I am sure everyone has noticed there are two versions of his new "Fools" Cd. Does anyone know if it will be released in the UK?
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi tonyc
tonyc wrote:I am sure everyone has noticed there are two versions of his new "Fools" Cd.
Actually I didn't know there would be 2 versions.Maybe I missed something but would you be so kind as to give information on what the difference is please and thankyou in advance.
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Tina ,
Some discs will have 13 tracks , other discs will have 15 tracks inc' "2 Bonus Tracks ....Blues For Janice &The Shadow Of A Fool " ......................WHO KNOWS WHY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Another marketing ploy ??
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Alan,
Thanks for this news as I didn't know.
alan1958 wrote:WHO KNOWS WHY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Another marketing ploy ??

I would think you are correct in your assumption on this.I'm glad you told me because now I will get the one with 15 tracks.I have them all like the rest of us here but as Jim says it's Chris and thats good enough for me.I wonder though would it be better if we stopped buying these albums because as long as us fans buy them the record companies will squeeze every cent out of us and Chris.
Nice talking to you Alan
alan1958
guitaREA
guitaREA

Post by alan1958 »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Alan,
Thanks for this news as I didn't know.
alan1958 wrote:WHO KNOWS WHY :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Another marketing ploy ??

I would think you are correct in your assumption on this.I'm glad you told me because now I will get the one with 15 tracks.I have them all like the rest of us here but as Jim says it's Chris and thats good enough for me.I wonder though would it be better if we stopped buying these albums because as long as us fans buy them the record companies will squeeze every cent out of us and Chris.
Nice talking to you Alan

Nice talking to you too ,Tina , and I promise the old ME will return very soon , as my health is getting back to normal now .....( was in hospital last week for 1 day , and did not enjoy it much , so how CR puts up with it I do not know .....must be awful)