The Josephines

All topics concerning Chris' discography
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: The Josephines

Post by Chris »

Hi Tina and Lily,

Thank you both for your kind and nice words.
The "Water Sing" tour was very important for Chris. If I remember it correctly, at that time he was in doubt about his whole career and even wanted to cancel the tour. In fact, it was his wife who encouraged him to go ahead with it "just this one more time."
And it worked!
At the Dublin's stadium Chris announced almost every song telling the audience what it was about. On "Candles" he said it was "for Poland in transition."
I think this particular version of "Candles", from the Water Sign tour, is available on the Youtube.
Take care,
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Your welcome Chris.I know about Watersign and I'm glad his wife talked him into doing one more tour but according to Bart's site here that was December 1983.The tickets I have are dated September 25th and I THINK/HOPE it was his concert from 1982.I just wish I had some other form of information to back this up.1982 feels right to me but it's not listed with his other concerts so I am confused.Nice talking to you Chris
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
129c
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Josephine..Please help me out if you can?

Post by 129c »

I have spent a lot of money on records trying to find a great version of Josephine without success. :( I have posted the exact version i am looking for below. It is taken from a mix from Holland made in 1985. I very badly need it on 12" vinyl only although if it is only on 7" please do tell me. If anyone can tell me which release it is on i would be eternally grateful to you! :D

http://www.4shared.com/file/60513088/2e ... ample.html

Thanks.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Josephine..Please help me out if you can?

Post by lilybee »

Have you seen this thread on the Josephines....?

http://www.chrisrea.nl/community/viewto ... josephines

I haven't heard this version before, sounds like one of those dj's adaptations...

Lily
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

It is very close to the version on the German release HERZKLOPFEN
129c
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by 129c »

imagemkr wrote:It is very close to the version on the German release HERZKLOPFEN

Many thanks. So far i have bought 3x 12" singles which have the wrong versions on them!
Also bought 2x LP with wrong versions on them!

Today i managed to buy the LP you mention from Amazon so i hope it is the right version. Does the HERZKLOPFEN LP version have the accoustic guitar at the start please?

Please excuse my ignorance but what does HERZKLOPFEN mean please? Is it a greatest hits LP? Here in the UK i have never heard of it and its not listed on Discogs either.

I have a feeling that the drum beats on the version that i posted above have been added because they just do not sound right in parts. Maybe its just me?

Thanks again.
imagemkr
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by imagemkr »

Herzklopfen means something like "Heartbeat" , don't speak German, but I think that's close. The version you posted I think is that version with the extra cymbols beating or whatever that is. You're right, it doesn't sound like CRs quality. Must have been added afterwards.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi 129c and welcome to the Best Chris Rea site on the net.
imagemkr wrote:It is very close to the version on the German release HERZKLOPFEN
I agree with Thom.It sounds similar and the guitar at the start of both sound the same.Is this the only Chris Rea song you like or are you a fanatic like most of us around here? :)
129c wrote:Please excuse my ignorance but what does HERZKLOPFEN mean please?
I don't speak German so I don't know what this means either but some of the others will come on and tell us. :)
129c
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by 129c »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Everyone,
Hi 129c and welcome to the Best Chris Rea site on the net.
I agree with Thom.It sounds similar and the guitar at the start of both sound the same.Is this the only Chris Rea song you like or are you a fanatic like most of us around here? :)
Hi Tina,

To tell the truth i am a very big collector of 1980's dance music from Europe. I have listened to various popular Chris Rea tracks in the past but this particular track is getting to be a real pain for me!
It was used in a dance music mix back in 1985 on a radio station in Holland and i have all the other 15 tracks in the mix(including some very rare ones). All except this Chris Rea one! I thought it would be very,very easy to get but i was very wrong. I have so far spent over £60 on 12" singles and LP's containing the Josephine track and they were ALL the wrong mixes.
I heard about this great looking site from a friend who told me if anyone knew the track it would be a member on here. It seems he was right!
I have just found out that HERZKLOPFEN does indeed mean "greatest hits" of sorts so im hoping my search will soon be over. Live in hope anyway because this has driven me to despair.

Thanks so much for your help.

Paul.
chrismiller
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by chrismiller »

Hey everyone,

I see the problem's kinda 'solved' already but,
129c wrote: Please excuse my ignorance but what does HERZKLOPFEN mean please?
Thom's closest to the truth as Herz means heart and Klopfen means beats so it's simply Heartbeats.

Chris
You can waste a whole lifetime trying to be what you think that's expected of you
But you'll never be free.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Paul,
I hope HERZKLOPFEN is the version you are looking for as that is some amount of money to spend looking for one song.Chris has so many versions of Josephine that you could easly get lost looking for one paticular version.Will you do a post on here to let us know if you are sucessful in obtaining it please and thanks in advance. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

To keep all info mostly at one place (easier to be found) I have merged the two topics...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Jim M
Support
Support

Post by Jim M »

Paul
This is a very different version of Josephine very nice but
Unfortunatley this is not the same version that's on Herzklophen !
I'll check my Josephine playlist but i don't think i've heard this version before
SORRY
Jim
Nothings Happening By The Sea
129c
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by 129c »

Update.

I received Herzklopfen today as well as a later German pressing of Shamrock Diaries. They both contain the exact same 4.26 version of Josephine with the acoustic guitar beginning. This is indeed the version i was looking for because it seems the extra drum beats were added later as a part of the megamix that i found with Josephine on originally. So im happy now! I have however now got three 12" singles and the Herzklopfen album(Josephine track better quality on SD LP) that i do not need so they are now on Discogs!

Thanks everyone for all your valued help and advise.

Paul.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Paul,
Glad you got it sorted.If there is one thing the people on this site know its Chris Rea and anyone of us are always glad to help.Take care