The man The voice The guitar

In search of...............Pat Lilley & Willy Grimston

News about this site and forum
John

In search of...............Pat Lilley & Willy Grimston

Post by John »

Does anybody know what happened to Pat Lilley - She ran the Chris Rea fanclub in the mid to late 80's?

Also, who remembers Willy Grimston - Chris's roadie for many years and I believe made an appearance in the Auberge video. He was a rather large chap with a Benny Hill type grin, was with Chris for years - What happened to him? :?:
aldercairns

willy grimston

Post by aldercairns »

Good question !

He was namechecked on every Chris Rea album since Benny Santini and started to disappear after Auberge.

You're right he was in the Auberge video ( sawing up a Fender ).

Looked a bit liek Oliver Hardy with thicker hair.

Very intriguing - needs a proper response.

DC
marcolino
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: In search of...............Pat Lilley & Willy Grimst

Post by marcolino »

John wrote:Does anybody know what happened to Pat Lilley - She ran the Chris Rea fanclub in the mid to late 80's?
Well I'm quite curious too... I joined the fanclub in the late 80's ("Road to Hell" times) and received the last newsletter from the Club in 1994, then after that time I didn't pay the fee anymore (a busy and full of changes period of my life) but I remember I wrote frequently to Pat and she kindly answered me always, she wanted a photo of my marriage also, when I told her I was going to get married! Nice person indeed....
Marcolino
deep-blue-sea
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Re: In search of...............Pat Lilley & Willy Grimston

Post by deep-blue-sea »

Hello,
i was also a member of the Club in the 80' and 90'.
I saw today on givernyblue webside this terrible news.

" Givernyblue would like to pay tribute to Pat Lilley who recently passed away after suffering an accident.

Pat was instrumental in running the original Chris Rea fan club, giving her time and dedication to keeping us all up to date with Rea events, releases and news and introducing many of us Rea fans to each other long before the days of the the internet.

I am sure everyone that knew her will be saddened by the news and would like to join in and give heart felt condolences and sympathies to her family.

She will not be forgotten."

Bye and reagards to all here. Deep-blue-sea