The man The voice The guitar

A CHALLENGE TO FORUM MEMBERS

News about this site and forum
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

A CHALLENGE TO FORUM MEMBERS

Post by Mr_Blues »

Hello dear Chris Rea fans and members of this fine forum :)

Bart has done a lot for this forum and for the site of course.
Now everybody, let´s pay some respect to man who´s using his free time to make these things happen here at http://www.chrisrea.nl.

Here´s some active members (won´t say any names, but one has over 200 posts and few are close to that ;)) and some who haven´t written much posts to this forum.

So now i´m tossing a challenge for all of you:

MAKE 10 NEW POSTS BEFORE 25.11.2005 :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zgred
REAddict
REAddict

Re: A CHALLENGE TO FORUM MEMBERS

Post by Zgred »

Mr Blues this case is happening everywhere, a group of people is using the site (forum) actively but a lot of users (usually much more than those active) just created an account and forgot about it. Heck, look at the 2 new members from 17th November, it's probably one person (pay attention to www sites). The reason why Bart isn't deleting these logins is probably question of statistics or such (the more accounts, the better "respect"). If I am wrong somewhere above, please correct :)
So I suppose they won't drop a single post.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:So now i´m tossing a challenge for all of you: MAKE 10 NEW POSTS BEFORE 25.11.2005 :)
Hello Mr-b... This is a nice initiative ! But of course it is not the number of posts that count (the quantity) but it is the quality that counts ... :wink:

Zgred wrote:The reason why Bart isn't deleting these logins is probably question of statistics or such (the more accounts, the better "respect"). If I am wrong somewhere above, please correct :) So I suppose they won't drop a single post.
They won't, because I have just deleted them... But I want to make clear that it has nothing to do with 'statistics' or 'getting respect because of more members' (it might have been in the past, when the forum started and no one would join; at that time I might have allowed such a members, just to increase the number of members; but not now anymore!). I just hadn't noticed the sites of the new members. I am very happy with all the visitors and members of the forum, but I will never allow such 'hidden marketing' through the forum !!
:x
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:
Hello Mr-b... This is a nice initiative ! But of course it is not the number of posts that count (the quantity) but it is the quality that counts ... :wink:

Zgred wrote:The reason why Bart isn't deleting these logins is probably question of statistics or such (the more accounts, the better "respect"). If I am wrong somewhere above, please correct :) So I suppose they won't drop a single post.
They won't, because I have just deleted them... But I want to make clear that it has nothing to do with 'statistics' or 'getting respect because of more members' (it might have been in the past, when the forum started and no one would join; at that time I might have allowed such a members, just to increase the number of members; but not now anymore!). I just hadn't noticed the sites of the new members. I am very happy with all the visitors and members of the forum, but I will never allow such 'hidden marketing' through the forum !!
:x
Hello boys :)

Well, of course those 10 posts should have some point in there, no any pointless posts for example only one smilie there and no words at all.
(wonder have I done it myself sometime??) ;)

And of course getting increased numbers ain´t the point at all. It´s the same thing with the amount of members or even posts. Some sense and reason to here of course :)

Anyhow, people, do the right thing and come talk about things here in forum. Say what you think of things, do you agree or disagree. Tell us your own thoughts etc...
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)