New look / new feature

News about this site and forum
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

New look / new feature

Post by Bart »

Hello everybody;

As you may have noticed, the site has been offline for maintenance a few days. I have updated the forum software to the latest release. This also means the front page and the layout of the whole site has to be re-written. I haven't finished this yet, so I decided to offer you the forum in the "standard layout". I hope to update it to the familiar layout soon! My apologies for this inconvenience! If you have any questions regarding this, please let me know.
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: New look

Post by lilybee »

Hello Bart,

Thanks for the update and the new avatar level, "Master of CeREAmony", hilarious!

It took me a little while to figure the board out again, I could only see the newest posts once I signed in :-)

Thanks for the hard work, as usual, we miss it when the board is not around to chat and share about Chris, laugh, argue, pull each others hair (ha ha), and cruise "unseen".

Cheers,

Lily
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

lilybee wrote:Hello Bart,

Thanks for the update and the new avatar level, "Master of CeREAmony", hilarious!

It took me a little while to figure the board out again, I could only see the newest posts once I signed in :-)

Thanks for the hard work, as usual, we miss it when the board is not around to chat and share about Chris, laugh, argue, pull each others hair (ha ha), and cruise "unseen".

Cheers,

Lily
Hello Lily;

Been working hard on getting the forum back in the old look and feel, but I guess this is still better then no forum at all... I haven't updated the ranks, is has been there for quite some time, but I guess you exceeded a certain post level and "earned" the new rank... If you have any ideas for new rank titles, please let me know!

If you want to view the new posts since your last visit, please use this link (when logged in). I will add the link to the header as soon as possible...
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Good to see the site getting back to what I'm used to. Change is good, it just takes time to adjust sometimes :D
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

vivienne wrote:Good to see the site getting back to what I'm used to. Change is good, it just takes time to adjust sometimes :D
... well, I'm working on it, but it might take a while before I get everything back to the old status... :D One of the objectives of this upgrade was to enable guests to register once again on the forum; I had to disable this option some months ago due to the amount of spamming.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

I have added a small new feature to the site; news posts on the homepage will now come from a dedicated forum. Please use the "reply" button on the front page to reply or visit THIS FORUM. You are not able to post any new topics here, you may only reply to existing topics or I can move an interesting topic posted by someone else to this forum so it will show up on the front page as well. I hope you like this new feature! If you have any comments, please let me know...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:I have added a small new feature to the site; news posts on the homepage will now come from a dedicated forum. Please use the "reply" button on the front page to reply or visit THIS FORUM. You are not able to post any new topics here, you may only reply to existing topics or I can move an interesting topic posted by someone else to this forum so it will show up on the front page as well. I hope you like this new feature! If you have any comments, please let me know...
Very good progress Bart, more ideas like this ! :)
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Re: New look / new feature

Post by Bart »

The Links page and the tour pages are back online (just in time for the start of the tour tomorrow!).