The man The voice The guitar

Harrogate 24/03/12

ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Harrogate 24/03/12

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi,
Just back in from the Harrogate gig. Brilliant, Chris gave a great performance, anyone thinking it will be the same as the last tour forget it. He seems to have more energy, is looking really healthy, and the change of band line up has put a breath of fresh air into the show.
The crowd gave him lots of appreciation and were stood up dancing, unusally for an all seater gig at a Chris Rea concert in my experience.
Also a special mention to the warm up artist, Nell Bryden, don't miss her, a really good singer songwriter from New York. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiepgV6N ... re=related She played a five song acoustic set and went down well.
could this be true, could this be me..
Strickley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Harrogate 24/03/12

Post by Strickley »

I have to agree - abosolutely brilliant!
Strickley
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Strickley »

ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Thanks for those links. It was a truly great show.
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

I can only agree with the comments above. He never fails to disappoint and this night was no exception. Only thing I might add is that I know audiences tend to be subdued but there was an eirey sense that the audience was just dumbstruck by what they saw. It was surreal. Loved every minute :)

The best part of these gigs is at the tender age of 21 I bring the average age down :P Disappointingly though I wasn't the youngest. The lad behind me had dragged his 12/13 year old kids. Hopefully they spread the word.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Chris Wastell wrote:I can only agree with the comments above. He never fails to disappoint and this night was no exception. Only thing I might add is that I know audiences tend to be subdued but there was an eirey sense that the audience was just dumbstruck by what they saw. It was surreal. Loved every minute :)

The best part of these gigs is at the tender age of 21 I bring the average age down :P Disappointingly though I wasn't the youngest. The lad behind me had dragged his 12/13 year old kids. Hopefully they spread the word.
We had an 18 year old with us and he loved it. He loved Nell too :wink:
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

My first tour was 2004. Nothing makes me happier than knowing Chris is spanning the generations :D
I hate to think as he said in one of his interviews its only because of the folk who sampled various tracks in dance records :evil:

I hope he realises how lucky he was to see Nell... I wasn't expecting their to be a support at all given previous reports. Did you lose him to the "Merch" stand after? ;)
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Chris Wastell wrote:My first tour was 2004. Nothing makes me happier than knowing Chris is spanning the generations :D
I hate to think as he said in one of his interviews its only because of the folk who sampled various tracks in dance records :evil:

I hope he realises how lucky he was to see Nell... I wasn't expecting their to be a support at all given previous reports. Did you lose him to the "Merch" stand after? ;)
Yes during break and after !!
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi,
I've been lucky enough to win some VIP tickets to see Nell Bryden at Nottingham on Wednesday. Looking forward to that. Private gig, no public tickets on sale !! :D