The man The voice The guitar

Gr8 GIG Paradiso A'dam

gjvg
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Gr8 GIG Paradiso A'dam

Post by gjvg »

The concert in Amsterdam Paradiso was fabulous.
I think, it was the best concert i ever saw of Chris. His playing was fantastic and he was in a very good mood.
I think Paradiso is the best venue for concerts like this. Image
Last edited by gjvg on 12 Mar 2012, 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
chrisreafan

Re: Gr8 GIG

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello.

Also have been to the concert in Paradiso. Where to begin? I asked my father who went along; he said exact the same thing as i thought, two years ago in our opinion, was his best concert; in the Heineken Music Hall. The entourage and feel and looks of Paradiso might be from another order, but still we have those thoughts.

We were today amazed by the beauty of the song 'Julia' and for instance 'Until....on Me', not impressed by the guitarplaying of 'Highway 66 & 49". Not to be different, cause the masses of the crowd, were really appreciating it, but common, someone who knows about playing a guitar knows its ...well lets not talk about it anymore.

I heard people in the crowd saying that Chris didn't looked too well today. I told my father, he is not a doctor, but he said "they were right, he wasn't looking good (maybe tired and he isn't getting younger) My father also said that Chris was giving it a full 100% and some... He was sweating at some point, a bit in trance we thought. A dedicated muscician.

A great concert none the way today, but from 2007 until now "we" (my father and I) have now followed three concerts with nearly the same setlist or/and style. We can say as fans that we will not attend the next concert if there are no indications that things are changing or/and he comes with a totally different concept of an album(s)

Its tricky and maybe risky cause you just don't know if you see him ever again live.

Last: Chris and Team, all the best for the rest of the Tour and hopefully we will see you again next time.
BLACKBOY8970
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Gr8 GIG Paradiso A'dam

Post by BLACKBOY8970 »

Thanks for the info. :)

Maybe can someone give the setlist of this concert ?

I go tommorow at the Lotto Arena in Antwerp. :lol:
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

Hello BLACKBOY8970,

Don't know the exact setlist and justified follow up off the songs, but if no spoil YouTube can give an indication about the songs that are played, a couple of people already talked about the songs on the Tour and I mentioned three songs already (sorry about that if you didn't want to know).

For the rest have a great day, tomorrow; we did yesterday in a Sunny Amsterdam. (crowded).
chrisreafan

Post by chrisreafan »

In the Category: "Don't shoot the Messenger".

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2761274/chris-r ... adiso.html

For Foreigners use Google Chrome Translation
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

Thanks for the info.

Maybe can someone give the setlist of this concert ?

I go tommorow at the Lotto Arena in Antwerp.
I will not give any spoilers here, but if you really want to know, the setlist can be easily found if you google on setlist chris rea, for instance.
chrisreafan wrote:In the Category: "Don't shoot the Messenger".

http://www.nu.nl/muziek/2761274/chris-r ... adiso.html

For Foreigners use Google Chrome Translation
I read the article (I'm Dutch native), but I think this newspaper correspondent is the only one who thought the concert was not as expected. The whole building was shaking at the end of the show due to the audience yelling for more songs! OK, I admit, the setlist was't really unique (he did more or less the same 2 years ago, even the mimics with his hands were the same), but the atmosphere in Paradiso was great and I really liked the songs he played. Chris Rea himself was in a good mood too!
The newspaper correspondent says that the set-list and the decoration is meant for stadion measures and not for small venues like Paradiso. But, many cities where he played do not have these kind of small venues, so should he adapt his show, including the setlist, to each and every venue? A 'venuemized' concert would largely reflect the concert ticket price, that's for sure! I think the decoration fitted Paradiso very well!

I really liked the show and if you love his songs and see him playing live, you really should see the concert, despite all the negative stories.
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

I loved the gig, maybe was Paradiso to small, Vredenburg would have been better or HMH.
The sound was not perfect, but I don't complain,it was great to see Chris again.
Hope he will feel good enough to come back in a couple of years. It was my third time :D

Ann
You're never to old to dance!
thebluesalone

Post by thebluesalone »

In my opinion Rea gave a great performance in Paradiso last sunday.

Read our review (in Dutch however): http://www.thebluesalone.nl/2012/03/12/ ... chris-rea/

Its al gone
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Its al gone »

I was there too. I shot some nice pictures of Chris.