The man The voice The guitar

Warming-up band Amsterdam gig?

Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Warming-up band Amsterdam gig?

Post by Leo »

Hey guys,

I have been a passive user of this site for quite some time, but now that I have a question, I decided to become an active user, so I registered! Hello there! :D

I was wondering, does anybody know who will be the warming-up band for the Amsterdam Paradiso gig on March 11 ?
(so that I know if I can skip the warming-up band and have diner on a MORE OR LESS human time as the warming-up starts at 5pm, 1 hour before Rea's show)

Thanks guys for this great site! A set-list of the tour is a really nice-to-have (although I could do without it 2 years ago in the Amsterdam HMH)
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Re: Warming-up band Amsterdam gig?

Post by Leo »

I called the Paradiso venue today to find out if they have more info about the warming-up band, but they really don't have a clue either who will be playing. It's up to the tour manager and he hasn't decided yet... They advised me to check the Paradiso website from time to time for updates about this.
BTW, I was also told by Paradiso that there is a (minor) chance that there won't be a warming-up band whatsoever, which would mean that we have to wait 1.5 hour for Rea's show (which in any case will start at 6pm) once the doors have been opened.
For those of you who will be attending the show and want to have dinner on a human time, the doors will stay open during the whole 'night', so dropping in just before Rea starts, can be an option....

In any case, I am really looking forward to the gig!

Leo
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Thanks for the info!
Just to be sure, at what time do the doors open? Chris starts playing at 6 sharp?
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

Bart,

Doors will be opened at 16:30h.

Warming-up band or not, Rea will start at 6pm.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Leo wrote:Bart,
Doors will be opened at 16:30h.
Warming-up band or not, Rea will start at 6pm.
Thanks! Do you perhaps also know at which side of the buildings the doors will open first (other words, where we should form a waiting line). I have never been to Paradiso and at the HMH I knew exactly where to wait; this is all new to me!
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

Hi Bart,

It has been quite some time since I have been to Paradiso, but I remember there is only 1 entrance there (except for the chimney and the entrance for the artists).

I was at Rea's gig at the HMH venue 2 years ago as well. We arrived 40-45 minutes before the doors were opened and there wasn't really a queue (it became crowdy just before Paul Casey started the warming-up, but even then we were able to walk to the stage without fighting and pushing). It's not really a teenagers show with 'hysteric' fans, so I think you don't have to worry about getting there hours and wait in the queue before the show starts).
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Leo wrote:It's not really a teenagers show with 'hysteric' fans, so I think you don't have to worry about getting there hours and wait in the queue before the show starts).
Hahaha... normally at the HMH we arrive around 13:00h - 14:00h to wait (and then the shows starts at 20:00h). I always have been in the exact center of the stage front row, just in front of the master! :-D
Leo
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by Leo »

Hahaha... normally at the HMH we arrive around 13:00h - 14:00h to wait (and then the shows starts at 20:00h). I always have been in the exact center of the stage front row, just in front of the master!
Wow, I'm impressed about your patience!!
Two years ago, in the HMH, we even could sit on the stands which were situated in the back and then, when P Casey started, walk to the stage (maybe 4-5 lines of people where in front of us, which is nothing, as I even could see the colour of his and Rea's eyes!) and enjoy the rest of the evening there.
And, during the show, I could get a beer and easily walk back to the place where I stood before!
I really liked the atmosphere!!