The man The voice The guitar

New tour!

Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: New tour!

Post by Chris »

Hello to you hi it'sme,

I realize that Chris' schedule is already packed and there's hardly a date left to squeeze in a gig in Warsaw (or in other Polish city). Besides, it would be too costly and very difficult logistically. It takes time and money to shuffle people and equipment from city to city, overnight. It's done according to a certain pattern. These few 'free' days you've mentioned, would probably be used by Chris and his entourage to take a proper rest.
So, if he decides to come our way it could either be earlier in October, or during a second part of this tour, in spring, 2015. But I doubt he would settle for that for he will be too tired after two months of touring.
So, what's left for me? Perhaps a trip to Munich for the November 18 gig?
We'll see.
Take care,
Chris
andrew fischer
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by andrew fischer »

Hi Chris,

I do agree with your implications, seems like Chris is not gonna move any more eastwards, since even Vienna is substituted by westward Salzburg, clearly to fit into the tour logistics.

I am not hoping too much for any gigs in Russia or close, so I will wait what is the setlist like at Montreux JazzFest on July, 5 and if it is sufficiently refreshed in comparsion to last N years gigs, I would think over heading for Paris or Amsterdam in November.

best regards
Andrey
My VK fan page for Chris Rea in Russian: http://vk.com/chris_rea
ann268
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by ann268 »

Always welcome in Amsterdam Andrey!
I find illogical that The Swizz, French and Belgium site gives information about new work and which way it could go and Germany and UK really tells us nothing new. And I am not waiting for a greatest hit Tour. Still going because i feel the urge to see him again.
Anneke
You're never to old to dance!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Ann, Andrew and all others,
I regret very much that (apparently) Chris won't be coming our way, meaning: to other countries in Eastern Europe. But, at the same time, I can understand why. I admire him for his plans to play so many gigs anyway, especially in Germany. So, for me it won't be a problem to travel a distance (go an extra mile, so to say), just to hear and see him play again. Chris already fulfilled my expectations as far as 'new' music as I can listen to his 'old' songs time and over again. But, of cause, I'm still looking forward to some new material if it comes on his new CD in September.
Best regards to all,
Chris