The man The voice The guitar

Chris in Serbia for the second time

Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Chris in Serbia for the second time

Post by Zeljko »

Well, I just got back from the gig.

Chris still got the blues. Great concert! I even managed to pick up Chrises guitar pick off the floor when he threw it away... The other side of the coin...Chrises management wouldn't let me to present him the painting. It was all confusion...it seems that the place ran out of hot water and the band was not able to shower...thus all nervous faces all over the place...but issue with hot water was solved..but that is no reason for not accepting my painting by Chris management!
I spoke briefly with Sylvin Marc...I showed him my painting of Chris and said to him that I would love to present my painting to Chris..he was polite and he said ok..but nothing happened.

I am VERY DISSAPOINTED by Chrises management team....(...)
According to security man, who took my painting to Chrises manager, the manager REFUSED to take the painting. (...)
I just HOPE that someone from Chrises team reads this.
I believe that Chris is an easy going person..(...)

Edit webmaster: Don't use this sort of languange on this forum!
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Re: Chris in Serbia for the second time

Post by Chris »

Hi Zeljko (Zdravo Zeljko, kako se Ty?),

I can understand your frustration, even anger (you've painted Chris Rea's portrait and you wanted to present it free of charge to him out of admiration for his music, his songs, lyrics etc.) and your generous offer had been somehow (...) turned down. It hurts, indeed. The only explanation I could come up with is: they might have some sort of 'standing policy' of refusing all gifts. Any kind of gifts. Be is a teddy bear, hand-made woolen sweater or a picture. "To avoid all possible problems", they would say.
But there shouldn't be any 'policy' like that to begin with...
The people surrounding Chris before, after and in-between concerts and other engagements is yet another story and this topic deserves writing a few words.
There are some pleasant fellows around him, for instance musicians who always (as I frequently read) talk to fans, shake hands and joke with them, but John Knowles apparently is not a likable person at all. He's just guarding Chris like a body guard or a security man, cuts show interviews and abruptly ends autograph signings. But then, that's could be exactly his role, who knows?
So, may I suggest something to you? How about taking a picture (a photo, or a scan) of your painting and putting it right here, on this forum, for all of us fans to see? It could be clearly marked: "painting of Chris Rea by Zeljko from Serbia."
Then someone from Chris Rea entourage, or him himself, might see it too and decide: "alright, we accept it."
Especially since his birthday is just around the corner...
Take care,
Chris
Last edited by Chris on 06 Feb 2010, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zeljko wrote:I am VERY DISSAPOINTED by Chrises management team....If it is John Knowles...and I say F..CK him and hope he rot in hell. According to security man, who took my painting to Chrises manager, the manager REFUSED to take the painting. This is outrageous. Manager the bastard refused the painting! He must have thought that there is some antrax poison within the painting..who knows what that poor sod thinks....
I just HOPE that someone from Chrises team reads this. I believe that Chris is an easy going person..but people AROUND HIM are unimaginable idiots who think that they are bigger than Chris himself.....
Well, that´s a shame. I guess you have used a lot of hours to do that painting? Is it big one?
This is really a two blade sword, in the other hand it would have been right to take that painting
to Chris, but also in the other hand it can really turn a chaos if they give audience presents to him
as I guess every other Rea fan has something to give him. So, really they gotta have some line to it,
as if they accept one present they would kind of have to accept every present.

Now, I´ve told my side about the managment, so I won´t start with that, at least not now :)

All the best, and hopefully you get that painting somehow to Chris
Too many good words to add here.
I better just sit back and drink beer. :)
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

I will post the painting for all of u too see it..soon.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Here is the painting. Titled "King of the Blues"
It was all over the newspapers..but sadly, Chris never got it.

Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zeljko wrote:Here is the painting. Titled "King of the Blues"
It was all over the newspapers..but sadly, Chris never got it.

Nice painting, cheers man ! :)

But one thing, Chris is not king of the blues....
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Edit Webmaster: Please don't double post; you already posted this message womewhere else...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zeljko wrote:Please don't double post; you already posted this message womewhere else!
Now, are you talking to me or yourself? :)
I really had this post earlier in other place, but I took it away and put it here as this is better place for this.
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

Mr Blues, that was Bart editing my post :D

I am sorry for my bad language..I couldnt help it.

Yes, now I am convinced that they care only about the money. Fans are loaded with money...carry on...
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Zeljko wrote:Mr Blues, that was Bart editing my post :D

I am sorry for my bad language..I couldnt help it.

Yes, now I am convinced that they care only about the money. Fans are loaded with money...carry on...
All right then :)

Yeah, that´s another reason for the fact that Chris has abandoned his blues experiment.
And you know this is why I said something about that "king of the blues" thing,
we are talking about "rookie of the blues" at most, that´s all.
Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Mr_Blues wrote:
Zeljko wrote:Please don't double post; you already posted this message womewhere else!
I really had this post earlier in other place, but I took it away and put it here as this is better place for this.
Hello MrB,

Sorry about this confussion :oops: I should have done it another way (posting under my own name...). I was indeed asking Zeljko not to post the exact same message twice by editing his own post :oops:
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
Mr_Blues
REAlly addicted
REAlly addicted

Post by Mr_Blues »

Bart wrote:
Mr_Blues wrote:
Hello MrB,

Sorry about this confussion :oops: I should have done it another way (posting under my own name...). I was indeed asking Zeljko not to post the exact same message twice by editing his own post :oops:
No problem mate, it happens :)
Zeljko
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by Zeljko »

This is from serbian newspapers..I can be seen sitting with my painting in front of me....