The man The voice The guitar

Limited "Deluxe Fan Bundle" available at Rhino.com now

davidgsmith
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Limited "Deluxe Fan Bundle" available at Rhino.com now

Post by davidgsmith »

My signed print arrived this morning !!!!
ronald
super REA-fan
super REA-fan

Post by ronald »

What size of picture can i expect, rolled or folded or is it small enough to fit in an envelope?
My Chris Rea page: http://www.chrisrea.biz
davidgsmith
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by davidgsmith »

rolled in a tube, approx 38cm x 28cm. bit creased as it is thick glossy paper
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Mine came yesterday too. Will get mine put in a frame.
could this be true, could this be me..
nickaddison
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by nickaddison »

Mine arrived this morning too and I've dropped it in to be properly mounted and framed. They are rather busy at the moment so it's going to take a few weeks, after which it will be taking pride of place on the wall by my desk

There's one slight mark on it where it creased as it was being rolled but nothing bad, and the framers should be able to get it nice and flat. 38cm square and signed across the middle in gold marker 8)
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Maybe a silly question but can you tell me what the picture is and whether it has been personally individually signed or is the signature a print? Do you know whether it is possible to get the picture without buying the CD set. I have already bought the CDs through HMV.

Thanks
Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

Hi Viv, the picture is the artwork of the album cover, and is personally signed, no printing, simple gold marker pen signed by Chris, so it stands out against the dark background. I know of no other way of getting this and am so glad i did. I am putting the receipt that came with it behind the picture in a frame as a way of authenticity of it.
Checking the Rhino site this item is no longer for sale.
could this be true, could this be me..
vivienne
cREAtive fan
cREAtive fan

Post by vivienne »

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I missed out on this one. I had ordered my CDs through HMV before realising what Rhino was offering. Such is life. I have not seen the CDs in the music shops in New Zealand yet so am glad I do have mine even without the picture.
Vivienne
'Til the morning sun shines
On my love and me
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Everyone,
Hi Vivienne :)
vivienne wrote: Looks like I missed out on this one.
You can have my one if you like :) ... I know it is going to a good home from one fan to another :)
I bought the delux pack for one thing and one thing only and that was the slide.I have waited years to get my hands on one of the slides that Chris uses and now I have it :) :)
I have an autograph that I got from Chris directly but the slide I will now add to my many other treasures.The only other item I am missing is one of his guitars but I am not expecting to get one of those but you can never tell :lol:
Bart has removed my e mail from here so if you are interested could you look me up on Face Book.My user name is Tina and how you know me is my avitar here and on F.B are the same.
Tina :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Zel
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Zel »

Friends. I've received my two copies a few days ago WITHOUT signed posters.
Tell me please who has poster! Did You receive this posters as separate parcel ???
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Zel,
Zel wrote:Tell me please who has poster! Did You receive this posters as separate parcel ???
The poster was only available with the Deluxe Fan Bundle direct from Rhino.com. If you ordered this bundle then yes the posters arrived in a separate tube.Chris didn't have them ready to ship with the rest of the bundle due to promotional work for his latest album so they were sent on at a later date.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
nickaddison
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by nickaddison »

The framers were a bit busy in the run-up to Xmas so it took a while, but I have just this afternoon collected the signed print back from them and put it on the wall in the edit suite/office. Looks rather good :D

Bart
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bart »

Hello Nick;

That really looks wonderful! I love your framed poster! I would love to have mine framed as well, but for now I have nowhere to put it, so I'll keep it in the tube for a while...
REAgards, Bart (webmaster)
nickaddison
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by nickaddison »

I know the feeling - I also have a signed Biffy Clyro album art print, signed Henry Rollins poster and a Lotus Cars poster of old models signed by Clive Chapman (founder Colin Chapman's son) which I need to get framed one day but I've run out of wall space to hang them!

The Chris print has gone up alongside a "Watch" graphic novel cover proof signed by Barron Storey and artist Dave McKean, a couple of Simpsons animation cels (one signed by director Mark Kirkland) and a framed CD/photo from a band that I did a video for earlier this year 8)

In the dining room we have a huge "Nightmare Before Christmas" giclee print signed by Tim Burton, there's a "Nightmare Before Christmas" storyboard in the living room, Watchmen graphic novel prints signed by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons on the stairs, and Carolyn has a couple of pieces of original Hellblazer (Constantine) and Strangehaven comic art on the wall of her study :D

The other thing that I'd really love on the wall in here (I'm a corporate and music video editor) is a signed guitar. Opposite ends of the music spectrum but the very coolest would be one of Chris' or Kerry King from Slayer ( :shock: )
Last edited by nickaddison on 22 Dec 2009, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
nickaddison
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by nickaddison »

Oh and when I collected the print from the framers I was subjected to the following puns/jokes (bearing in mind the snow chaos in much of the UK at the moment)....

"You're going to Marlow this afternoon? That's The Road To Hell"
"I bet you'd rather be On The Beach than here right now"
"Are you Driving Home For Christmas?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: