The man The voice The guitar

Chris In Dublin

september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Re: Chris In Dublin

Post by september blue »

hello Tina,

thanks for your reply. i totally agree with all you say!!

bring on the next tour. i will be there come what may!!

you never know it may be that he gets all his old bands together including the brass band and backing singers he used to have, even the huge blow up Santas from the DHFC tour!! :lol: :lol: , he might even go blond again!! :lol:, that's if they could find a stage large enough, of course!!!

'chris rea presents too many names to mention but they will be superb!!' you could just imagine the programme and how confused all the fair weather fans would be!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

catch you later,

REAgards to Dublin!

james.
Nothing's happening by the sea!
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B,
:D :D This has given me a good laugh.One thing please I hope he doesn't go blond again.I didn't like him blond :) Are you for real did he really have blow up Santas on D.H.F.C. tour? that must have heen hilarious.I would have loved to see that.If he couldn't find a stage big enough I think he would be mad enough to build one.I could just imagine the rest of the audience if he did that :) :) They wouldn't know what to do.It's not fair though.For such a fanastic musician so many people want the same old same old from him.Do they not realise that a man of Chris's talent shold not be tied to the same sound.But it is their loss and thankfully for all die hard fans its our gain.Take care
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina,

yes.......they really did have blow up santas!! 2 in fact!!! it was only a mini tour just before Xmas obviously and he did 3 or 4 nights straight at wembley arena (christmas 1988, on the back of the new light through old windows album) . all sold out, 12,000 a night, it was brilliant.

when i said about people dancing the whole of the arena was up, not just a handful, it was such a night. funnily enough i was up in my loft today and i was looking through all my old programmes, going back to the shamrock diaries tour.

i really wish he would do some really old ones that people had forgotten about. he used to open the show with 'nothings happening by the sea' so moody it was superb. you can see him play it on the 'aims gala video' i got my copy through the now defunct uk fan club. bart used to have some of the old newsletters on this website and it was really good reading them agaain after so long. we used to meet up that way at the concerts all over the country.

so much to talk about and so little time....... :(

best,

james. :)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B,
I really hope you keep talking about these earlier tours they are so interesting.I realise I have missed so many of them.Back then the only was I knew if a tour was on was to see it advertised and any one I saw I went to.This was very limited as I rarely say ANY advertised so I have missed many.Some things don't change. It's only since I got my computer that I now have regular news on Chris and I have to be honest and say I was gobsmacked when I started to read up on Chris exactly how much I missed.It was easy getting the CD's and his music as they came out more or less at the same time each year and it was just a case of asking my music store to order me one.But I rarely saw his tours advertised.
Funny you saying about been up in the Loft.I was up in my own a while back retreving my turntable so I could play The Return Of The Hofner Bluenotes and I found my 1st ever Chris album and it is Watersign. I read those newsletters on Bart's site while he had them there.Wouldn't it be good to be able to meet other fans from this site to go to concerts with? I know Bob did it for Amsterdam but I don't see why it could not be done for England.My end here I doubt would be sucessful as I don't know if there are many other Irish fans here.James if you want to tell about other tours I would LOVE to hear about them.Lovely to have a chat

Hi S.B,
I am interested in the Aims Gala Video that you mentioned that Chris was on.Would you have a look at the one from this link and tell me please if this is the same one.I hope you don't mind me asking http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-M-S-Gala-Live ... B000EGEVZU Thankyou :) :)
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina,

thanks for your reply. i have looked at the link and it does look like the one i have got although the cover is different. if you get a track listing then it should show 3 tracks, the first of which is 'nothings happening by the sea' by the way it is excellent, a bit grainy though. you also want to have a look out for the montreaux rock festival videos, they are almost impossibe to find unfortunately. he used to play the piano at those and have a glass of red wine on it too :lol:

as far as the tours go, i must have been to see him at least 10-12 times!! 3 on RTH. the best ones were the ones at wembley arena, they were always packed and absolutely heaving. usually a 2 hour plus show. :lol:

i am really into the old stuff and one of my favourite albums is 'wired to the moon' closely followed by 'water sign'

there would probably be a good following to meet up at concerts in the future, it may be worth putting the word around by creating a forum? then we could all have a great time and get the audience going properly :lol: :lol: :lol:

anyway, catch you soon!

james 8)
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B,
Thanks for that information ! You have certainly been to a LOT of concerts.I've been to a pityful 6.How sad is that and I call myself a fan :) I love those 2 CD's too especially W.T.T.M.There are one or 2 videos on youtube with Chris playing the piano but I don't know if they are from Montreaux or not.Did Chris launch Stony Road in Montreaux? That came with the Stony Road DVD and that was excellent.I have never seen Chris drink anything while he was on stage so I will look out for that.It almost sounds like you are talking about a different person :) I think it would be a good idea to let the audience to decide for themselves.James lovely talking with you
Tina :)
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina,

i have looked on you tube and if you type in chris rea in montreux then search you get a few that are from 2000, but the ones underneath are from the 1980's.

they are great and have some interesting variations of the songs, you even get to see max playing who unfortunately isn't in the band anymore. robert looks very young too!!

look out for the glass of red wine on it's all gone!!

REAgards,

james. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B.,
Thankyou so much.I had seen some of Chris's videos on Youtube but this one I missed.I saw the glass of wine :) and Robert looks like he is only in his 20's if hes even that.Whatever happened to Max I wonder.By any chance do you know who the drummer is in the video It's All Gone? I have my own idea but I am afraid to say it in case I am wrong :) so I looking for a 2nd opinion.This is another song that Chris could do a lot with if he sang it now.Thanks James talk to you again soon
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina,

i think the drummer is dave mattacks, but i could be wrong!

james. :lol:

tina,

i checked the programme for the 'just passing through' tour and dave mattacks was the drummer! :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B.
Thanks for that information :) Wonder what happened to him.
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina,

follow this link for dave mattacks, he seems to have done loads!!

http://www.dmattacks.co.uk/main_fr.htm

james. :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B,
Judging by his website he has. I wonder why Chris changes his band members so often over the years.I can understand in the beginning why he would but once he got established he still changes them alot.If you get a chance James don't forget that Chris is on Sky Arts later tonight. :)
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

hi tina

it looks as if he changes the members of the band to try different sounds and maybe those people are busy with other projects.

i miss max he was so chilled out and also sylvan too :D

you should check out max's website http://www.maxmiddleton.com he has released some albums over the years.

james (SB) :D
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi S.B,
I would expect that there is a chance he could ask them to rejoin him too.With Chris you never know what he is going to do next.Heres hoping anyway BUT the band he has now are good too.Thanks for the link James :)
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi there :D

I have 5 Montreux videos on my youtube

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lilybee06

lilybee