The man The voice The guitar

Chris in Harrogate - DISAPPOINTED !

Tina3
Support
Support

Re: Chris in Harrogate - DISAPPOINTED !

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris and Lily,
Chris your post here has given me a laugh.I wouldn't put it pass you to try and dig your way into Glastanbury :) I don't think we will ever see another musician who can play guitar like Chris.He really is one of a kind.I think now he is starting to show his true gift and what we got for years before his illness was a very watered down version of what he is capable of.One of the many things I love about Chris is that fame was never the goal behind his music.For him it was making the music and I think thats why he never gets the recognition he so truely deserves.I would be lost without my own ipod.It comes everywhere with me.Chris I found the very 1st album I ever owned by Chris and yes its vinyl.It was bought back in 1982 the 1st time I seen him.Lily it a little bit difficult to dance in a very confined space with others giving you strange looks as if you have lost the plot.So you do clap and TRY and "dance" in your seat. I do hope you make it to Europe to one of his concerts.Thanks for your comments on the pics you are very kind :).I hope you have a safe journey Lily both of you keep in touch.You especially Chris as I know Lily will.I can't wait till tonight CHRIS IN DUBLIN :) :) :) :) only few more hours.
Tina :) :)
Pick up the pieces and start again.
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Hi Tina!

It's your day in Dublin today, Tina! It's going to be the last concert on this tour, therefore it's got to be special! Have a lot of fun and please write a review.
If you have a chance to see Chris again ask him if he could publish another CD and DVD from this tour which was something special and unique for a lot of us-fans.

As far as the discussion on 'seated' or standing gigs I think it was not always possible to have people get on their feet. They were mostly over 50, therefore a lot of them would enjoy his music while nicely seated, you know.
It was a mixture of soft sound, 'old' hits with only a few new songs, for everyone to enjoy.
Take care and have a great evening at the stadium.
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
I am hoping it will be a bit special too since it is the last stop on this tour.If I get a chance to talk to him again I will say it to him but I am not getting my hopes up.I think that would be another good idea to post about anotherCD/ DVD on his official site.It will be strange returning here as this was the 1st place I ever saw Chris all those years ago.I think half and half at his concerts is the best solution so you can dance or sit as you please.I most deffinetely will enjoy myself.Easy thing to do when going to see Chris.I am not taking a camera either as my daughter is not coming with me this time but the photos from Newcastle I am very happy with.I will do a post although I am not expecting too much.It will be interesting to see if he makes any comment about George Bush or Tony Blair as no reference was made to either of them in Newcastle before Shadow Of A Fool.Nice talking to you Chris
Chris
REAnatic
REAnatic

Post by Chris »

Thank you Tina for your reply,
I already posted an humble request to Chris on his site --- http://www.chrisrea.com ----- and I've noticed that other fans have done the same. So, let us hope there will be at least a single DVD from the tour.
I wrote that in this advance electronic age there's no big deal to record a concert and publish it as a 'live' CD or (a little more difficult to make, though) a DVD.
Once more: enjoy the concert.
Chris
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Thankyou :) I will.I will add to your post the more the better.I wonder has Chris any interest in his official site.I mean at some later stage does he or one of his team have a meeting with the Webmaster who ever that person might be and listen to what the people are saying on his site.It will be intersting to see and I suppose possable.I hope this concert is as good as the ones that went before it.I am looking forward to it even if I am a tiny bit sad as this is the final one and we don't know when the next one will be.Take care Chris and hopefully we will talk again soon.
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Post by lilybee »

Hi Chris and Tina,

I also posted my own request to Chris' site, to allow a video section on the site.

Have fun tonight Tina, and dance a little for me !!! :D :D

Lily B.
Last edited by lilybee on 27 May 2008, 04:45, edited 1 time in total.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Lily and Chris,
I will do my best if I am allowed to.I hope to be leaving in one hour. :) :)
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

Tina3 wrote:Hi Chris,
Thankyou :) I will.I will add to your post the more the better.I wonder has Chris any interest in his official site.I mean at some later stage does he or one of his team have a meeting with the Webmaster who ever that person might be and listen to what the people are saying on his site.It will be intersting to see and I suppose possable.I hope this concert is as good as the ones that went before it.I am looking forward to it even if I am a tiny bit sad as this is the final one and we don't know when the next one will be.Take care Chris and hopefully we will talk again soon.
If i had my way I know who the webmaster would be!! ME =D lol
I remember the last site he had I sent an email of complaint for the ammount of errors in the website being the sad code geek I am lol
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
Hah hah you would have to fight me for it 1st :D :D Did you ever get a reply to your e mail? I am only in the door from seeing Chris.He was fanastic as usual.Too tired to do any more.Talk soon
Chris Wastell
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by Chris Wastell »

I sent it several times and I think i did get the response of thank you etc and the usual fob off answers but i know that it was never fixed. the whole thing was appauling anyways. from a coding point of view it was so inefficient,jumbled and broken and god knows what else but it certainly didnt work.

Fight ey??? bring it on lol

Catch you soon
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Chris,
You proberly annoyed that person beyond belief and more than likey he barred you from the site.I think if I was to fight you I would loose hands down but it wouldn't stop me from trying. :) Have fun Chris and keep in touch with us lot here
Tina :)
alain55
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by alain55 »

Well, the discussion about sitting or standing won't be solvin' a lot of things. I'm 57, (hence this nick alain55- I joined here two years ago, so... meanwhile I'm a bit older again), and I wouldn't mind standing, if it would bring a bit of warmth into the audience.
A few remarks, however.... and perhaps you could all help me with these points here. I was in the Antwerp concert, so "mainland Europe" as you call that. Our Belgian public is known, euh..., notorious, for being very calm. And what did I see? A few ladies were dancing in the back of the audience, where there is a corridor, to the back gallery. There were stopped by the "authorities" ( Chris' concert entourage ? or the venue management ?), and asked not to move around in that way.... OK, so no "Let's dance"....
And I remember the tour in the late eighties I suppose, Brussels Vorst Nationaal, the Auberge- Tour. A clear message to all of us, before the concert started : "on demand of the artist, it is prohibited to stand, walk around or dance on the seats....." Well, yeah, I mean, where are we, with our discussion ???
And something else, I read inbetween the lines of the various comments around here : are we the only real fans left ? Do other people go to the concert, unaware of what happened to Chris, or are they just there 'cos they got free tickets ( as an incentive for good performance on the job- it happens all the time....!!!!). Or are they there because they know some hits from the eighties ?? We won't know how much real fans there are in these crowds.
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Alain55,
That is a very good point that you bring up.Who does have the final say in what happens at a concert? I would imagine it is the people who manage the building that the concert is in.I agree with you that people are told,sometimes not very nicely,to stay in their seats. I feel if Chris would like us to dance then its up to his management to find buildings that will allow us to do just that.
alain55 wrote:Do other people go to the concert, unaware of what happened to Chris, or are they just there 'cos they got free tickets ( as an incentive for good performance on the job- it happens all the time....!!!!). Or are they there because they know some hits from the eighties ??

I have been asking myself the very same question and we have no way of knowing how many real fans are in the crowds.If you get talking to other people at the concerts it quickly becomes clear who the fans really are.From the people I was talking to in Dublin not one had a clue about R.T.F.H.B.They did not know what I was talking about.How sad is that they don't know what they are missing :)
Tina :)
bvermaak
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Post by bvermaak »

Hello!

I have seen Chris this tour in Amsterdam, Dortmund, Antwerp, London and Oxford. All I can say is that the German people have good intentions when they visit a concert. Amsterdam: standing audiance but Chris wasn't in a good shape. We were a little bit disappointed. 9 days later: Dortmund. The Germans were standing from Staniby Girls till Let's Dance. Chris was plying like hell because of this response! In Antwerp, I was at the first raw, no standing besides us! Very boring audience! In London in the RAH everbody was dancing at Lets Dance. It was amazing but the concerts had a lot of mistakes. Which was nice for us but that wasn/t nice for Chris (See youtube for video!). In Oxford the sound was like heaven. Chris has a song tell me there's a heaven and he was playing like that. [EDIT webmaster]. AMAZING. The English people were just sitting on the chears till Let's Dance. It didn't had any negative cause on Chris' playing! But that was maybey because we, a couple of die hard fans, were in the RAH and Chris appologized himself for this bad concert before the concert. That can be wishfull thinking!!!! :)
I think the German deserve Chris latter concerts!!!!

Bob
Somewhere between highway A2 & a15
Tina3
Support
Support

Post by Tina3 »

Hi Bob,
After reading your post I can see that there is hugh differences in audiences depending on where Chris is.I wonder does this ever get noticed by Chris or his management.When Chris lookes down from the stage does it ever cross his mind as to why the audience is dancing or not dancing.Has any of his crew ever brought it to Chris's attention that maybe the audience are not allowed to dance at that paticular concert?
bvermaak wrote:Amsterdam: standing audiance but Chris wasn't in a good shape

Bob from this comment you would have to wonder as to why Chris would go ahead with a concert given his state of health.I know he loves to play and sing but it can't be good for him and from a selfish point of view (if you wanted to look at it that way which I know most die hard C.R. fan don't )not good for the audience either

bvermaak wrote:Very boring audience! In London in the RAH everbody was dancing at Lets Dance. It was amazing but the concerts had a lot of mistakes. Which was nice for us but that wasn/t nice for Chris (See youtube for video!).
Bob to which video are you referring to on Youtube please if I may ask so when I go to watch I know I will have the one you are talking about.Lovely talking to you