The man The voice The guitar

Chris in Bournemouth'08

chrisrea101
starter REA-fan
starter REA-fan

Chris in Bournemouth'08

Post by chrisrea101 »

Great concert last night, chris played with a lot of heart and soul, the power of the blues certainly came across in his singing and slide work, which continues to blow me away. I've seen Chris once before, on his farewell tour in 2006, and having just turned 22 im relatively new to chris's work but am a massive fan of him and the blues in general. There was more a "show" about last night, more set design then the farewell tour and chris seemed to enjoy the centre stage more then the last tour, playing some awesome slide solo's. I liked the new additions to the songs esp. the slide work on Julia and extra drum work on stainsby girls while chris engaged with the audience. The delmonts part was superb, robert ahwai showed his stuff more then the previous tour allowed, and i think colin hodgkinson is a good addition to the band, but i do hope he tours with sylvain marc again. The pick of crop would have to be "I can't wait for love" loved the moody start and slide solo as the HBN's section began.

All in all a superb night and I look forward to the "autumn return" of the delmonts in whatever form that takes, my only moan was the lack of a second encore, the audience was left wanting more! I hope some live recordings are produced too!

Cheers and long live Chris and his music!
Jump a train from Chicago
Trace it back
with the neck of a bottle
and the groove of the tracks
oh mississippi...running through my veins
lilybee
Master of ceREAmony
Master of ceREAmony

Re: Chris in Bournemouth'08

Post by lilybee »

Chris Rea's music is for all ages... :D

I first heard "Fool" when I was 17, and followed him ever since, on and off, here and there.

When I bought Blue Guitars, I fell in love with his music all over again, and went back to buy the missing albums from before; and now, he is the only music I listen to.

Cheers!

Lily B.
ace of hearts
REAddict
REAddict

Post by ace of hearts »

I'll be at Nottingham tomorrow night, so will report back when i get home. Should be a great night.
could this be true, could this be me..
september blue
bREAth of blues
bREAth of blues

Post by september blue »

I thought the concert was better than the farewell tour in 2006. It was certainly on a par with the concerts I remember from the late 80's and early 90's. I couldn't quite get over how many empty seats there were as the BIC had stated on their website that it was sold out all except the upper balcony. There was at least 35 empties in front of us and we were near the front of the terrace. Anyway he is superb and it was good to see people up and dancing again. As mentioned before it was a shame that the encore didn't carry on as the crowd were ready for more. All in all an excellent performance by the great man. It is a must see show and 'The Delmonts' were an interesting change! Good to see Chris back to his absolute best and his interaction with the audience, although no words (surprise, surprise!!), his actions spoke volumes and the audience left very contented judging by the comments I heard. Roll on the next tour! :D
Nothing's happening by the sea!